PDA

View Full Version : Audi tt '00 instrument cluster

Listek22
8th November, 2012, 07:28 PM
Hi guys,
I have cluster from audi tt '00 1.8 quattro and I need to check it on my desk. I'm afraid I know the answer already but is it possible to check it w/o the car?
Customer says that fuel (constantly full), temp gauge and middle display is not working.

I was striping this clock before, bot I put back arrow in the same position, gauge coils around 2x 170ohm.
It's very important for me to sort it out asap so your help will be much appreciated.

numbers from stickers:
D29
8N2919910A
0905 326 9802

z786
8th November, 2012, 08:18 PM
common fault, 908 micro ****ed

Listek22
8th November, 2012, 10:41 PM
z786 thank you for the answer, so is there any chance to power it up on the desk?
Anyway do you have any idea how it could happen?

z786
8th November, 2012, 10:50 PM
dash is made in france, everything from france is full of shit, quality is shit.

try heating up the 908 mcu and see if it solves problem

dash can be powered up but my pc crashed n iv lost everything, but im sure some1 here will help u

Listek22
8th November, 2012, 11:07 PM
dash is made in france, everything from france is full of shit
It's shit but in a different form
Heating wont help for a long :/

In attachment pin outs for TT clusters, would you check that for me please?

Cheers :)

Listek22
9th November, 2012, 06:11 PM
I really need your help, I need to power it up on my desk but I'm not sure into which pins goes +12

vict.guez
9th November, 2012, 07:43 PM
To power it on, in blue connector:

pin 9: GND
pin 1,23: 12v

When you power it on, the needles have to return to origin, central display has to notify several messages like low oil, temp, etc. and little displays have to show mileage and date.

It is a very common fault that the HC08 microcontroller stops working properly, normally I read, reprogram, resolder it. but in some cases it is necessary to change it.

Listek22
16th November, 2012, 09:26 PM
Thanks vict.guez (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/109737-vict-guez/),
Problem I had was not clear. Customer says that fuel (constantly full), temp gauge and middle display is not working.
I had it on my desk before, but I didn't touch this dash. He picked immo off option instead of new transponder. After I give it back he reported problem with gauges. To go ahead with any repair I need to see the fault and diagnose it first, so I was looking how to power it up on my desk. After power up- suprise- gauges shows full but arrows was fitted in wrong position. Now I'm sure that somebody was open this unit after me. Anyway, lcd display ok, gauges ok. I gave it back and I don't want to see this clock again :)

Thank's for help

nomis
16th November, 2012, 09:32 PM
my pc crashed n iv lost everything
How .....??