PDA

View Full Version : Dash parts website

drpeter
8th November, 2012, 09:19 PM
Anyone know a good website for dash parts? I ****ed up a E46 today, one stepper motor damaged, could repair it but it is too noisy. Didin't had time anymore so I told customer I will replace the part.

PremierD
8th November, 2012, 09:20 PM
:eek: ... you ****ed it up .. I'm shocked mate .. lol

batandball
8th November, 2012, 09:22 PM
Quarry motors Sheffield, put a search on web

Apolo29
8th November, 2012, 09:22 PM
Dashboard Parts | MiniTools (http://www.mte.net/catalog/speedometer-parts)

benzstop
8th November, 2012, 09:33 PM
minitools.it

TULGEYWOODMAN
8th November, 2012, 10:16 PM
If you post a pic of the motor, I think either Arthur or I will have one in the boxes of motors!
I will gladly send you one foc if I have one.

enigmauk
8th November, 2012, 11:12 PM
How did you manage to break it drpeter? Good for us to know so we can try to avoid... or did it "just break"

TULGEYWOODMAN
8th November, 2012, 11:15 PM
they are horrible......every thursday they break themselves....little bastards

captain crackers
9th November, 2012, 12:05 AM
Because of this fact, I don't work with E46 dashes on Thursdays. It is a very common motor and as Tulgeywoodman says, either he or I will have one. Arthur.

enigmauk
9th November, 2012, 12:13 AM
your joking, i did one today and it didnt break... does that make me special :D

TULGEYWOODMAN
9th November, 2012, 12:24 AM
It depends which calendar you work by.

dashtec
9th November, 2012, 12:29 AM
just pm me your details will send 1 out, same motors on golf 4 mm dash or try akspeedo

enigmauk
9th November, 2012, 01:07 AM
It depends which calendar you work by.

the question is... which calender do you work by?

ALEXEI
9th November, 2012, 01:19 AM
ive done more cars than your years and hollydays togheter . never damage this kind of motor without chance to repair it myself. so ... try to not make you selfshame yourself to get help for this trouble here..
sorry for my incouregment here to all views...

martij976
9th November, 2012, 06:10 AM
Anyone know a good website for dash parts? I ****ed up a E46 today, one stepper motor damaged, could repair it but it is too noisy. Didin't had time anymore so I told customer I will replace the part.

Hard to find just a motor.. Unless other members have spare one. In my cases in few times, bought used cluster (not E46 tho). Have one before (E46), stripped out just pulling needles up. Was fine and done. After I bought ETL 35080 programmer I found, that my ORIGINAL CARPROG can do that job without touching needles.... At least on those i tried... (40 in count) Just from back. Heard, that X-prog can do it as well..
I owe You Sir! So... little contribution!
Greetings!

drpeter
9th November, 2012, 07:14 AM
You are indeed very special I did about 200 E46 dashes never damaged one. Untill yesterday, need to practise more I think. Anyone another tip besides twist and pull? Some M3 needles are very tight.

Thanks all partno is X15-589 you can also use a compatible better version X25-589 or X27-589. easy to find I like china.

markony79
9th November, 2012, 08:09 AM
this e46 dash......can give you advice
Bosch ---can open
Motometer----never open( problem needles motors)

batandball
9th November, 2012, 08:56 AM
I press the needle down and twist first before pulling up and twisting,

TULGEYWOODMAN
9th November, 2012, 09:15 AM
I thought the post was about finding a motor?

not lecturing on how to do a job.

ALEXEI
9th November, 2012, 10:23 AM
Hard to find just a motor.. Unless other members have spare one. In my cases in few times, bought used cluster (not E46 tho). Have one before (E46), stripped out just pulling needles up. Was fine and done. After I bought ETL 35080 programmer I found, that my ORIGINAL CARPROG can do that job without touching needles.... At least on those i tried... (4 in count) Just from back. Heard, that X-prog can do it as well..
I owe You Sir! So... little contribution!
Greetings!

sure it works without touching the needles but only on bosch .
sorry but i dont want to seem the wise guy here...

batandball
9th November, 2012, 11:14 AM
I thought the post was about finding a motor?

not lecturing on how to do a job.

It does save some people doing same mistake

WILL KEEP GOB SHUT :listen:

Lidahus
9th November, 2012, 02:42 PM
Looking for specifications? Try here (http://www.ivb-antriebstechnik.com/ivb_english/slimline_stepper_motors.htm), or here (http://www.fraenamd.com/steppermotor.htm), not sure if they sell directly.

TULGEYWOODMAN
9th November, 2012, 02:50 PM
You are indeed very special I did about 200 E46 dashes never damaged one. Untill yesterday, need to practise more I think. Anyone another tip besides twist and pull? Some M3 needles are very tight.

Thanks all partno is X15-589 you can also use a compatible better version X25-589 or X27-589. easy to find I like china.

Dear batnball, please dont take offence.

I notice in the cold they enjoy being warmed up before removal!

batandball
9th November, 2012, 03:05 PM
[QUOTE=TULGEYWOODMAN;1761262]Dear batnball, please dont take offence.

None taken

martij976
10th November, 2012, 07:37 AM

Two hundred? All of them striped??? All needles out of those two hundred ?? Let me have some of that sh*t U smoking!!

drpeter
10th November, 2012, 08:55 AM
Two hundred? All of them striped??? All needles out of those two hundred ?? Let me have some of that sh*t U smoking!!

Do you need the dumps? No shit... I stripped only a couple of them. I know in the USA there aren't many BMW's, I've seen it myself so maybe you're surprised, over here there 3 of them in every street.

martij976
20th July, 2013, 04:49 AM
Every time going back I finding more hints and senses...(learning)... Thanks guys!