PDA

View Full Version : MB Sprinter 2012 can blocker info needed

88diablo
9th November, 2012, 10:02 AM
Hi all, I need some advice on new sprinters and and a crafter. I have 4 brand new ones to do on a very regular basis and as they are not off into Merc It would be easier to fit a can blocker and just do the dash. I cant see any can blockers listed for these though. My other option is to buy AVDI and stop sync with dash but the price is not cheap. Does anyone know of another less expensive machine that can stop the sync or if a can blocker can be used on one of these?

ALEXEI
9th November, 2012, 10:18 AM
why to use can blocker if ezs is programmable ?
try digiwiggy clone

88diablo
9th November, 2012, 10:28 AM
because they need doing every month and they are not off back to Mercedes till they are 3 years old so it would be much easier for me to fit can filter or block sync and just do the dash every month then remove can filter or re-sync dash and eis after 3 years or if warrenty work needed. I know they can be done properly and thats probably why they dont list a can blocker but I just wondered if one would still work? You say digi widgy clone, was that a suggestion or do you know they have an option to block can sync with this?

wiseman
9th November, 2012, 11:16 AM
Buy red rosfar clone, works fine on 2012 sprinters.

smartymarti
9th November, 2012, 11:17 AM
you cant use a can bloacker on a mercedes sprinter or a crafter , there a 9s12 in the ezs 9s12xdp on crafter . simple job , star to clear dpf fault in ecu if there delphi

88diablo
9th November, 2012, 11:20 AM
I have the red clone but just trying to save work stripping out all the time etc. Ive read in some threads that some use can blocker but I checked with Smelecom and Revtronic and cant find one. Anyone know which one would work, dont fancy killing a key module trying to suss it.

smartymarti
9th November, 2012, 01:51 PM
Again you cant use a can bloacker there isnt anyone that makes one , this job is no longer than 15 minutes to do , very simple wire up and eprom rear of board , even dp3 that does it obd take 30-40 minutes to do this job

Conclusion ,,, your either lazy or a bit apprehensive in doing one

z786
9th November, 2012, 03:21 PM
when u stop sync with ezs using any tool u will not see mileage, only "-------"

88diablo
9th November, 2012, 03:58 PM
I am lazy yes and also apprehensive for two reasons. 1 they are brand new and as I've not done one before I could do without having to learn by my mistakes and 2 I think to take something apart and wire up to it 36 times could get problematic somewhere down the line but if that's the only way to do it then that's how ill proceed I guess. Thanks for the advice anyway guys.

javyb
9th November, 2012, 06:51 PM
Buy red rosfar clone, works fine on 2012 sprinters.

Can red rosfar clone software be used on windows 7 or does it have to be win xp

88diablo
9th November, 2012, 07:03 PM
Just tried mine on win7 and it tests ok and the linking box comes up but I have nothing here to connect it to so cant say if it fully works.

sparkz02
9th November, 2012, 10:31 PM
did one today, didn't even know the dp3 done them obd? from what years upwards are they obd? does it do ezs or flash?

digimile
9th November, 2012, 10:36 PM
hi
what about digiprog...????
thanks

PremierD
9th November, 2012, 10:37 PM
Of course it will do it OBD mate .. its a Good Clone .. lol

z786
10th November, 2012, 12:17 AM
did one today, didn't even know the dp3 done them obd? from what years upwards are they obd? does it do ezs or flash?

it jus stops sync via obd to instrument cluster then u do ezs manually and then relink dash via obd, faster to take clocks out n do manually