PDA

View Full Version : re wiring

Lainie
9th November, 2012, 05:17 PM
just another disaster. this ****ing black cloud over me better go soon

anyway any sparks on here?

need help and advice re re-wiring a 3 bed mid terrace hse - concrete floors downstairs.

is there a website that recommends tradesmen in your local area?

Shady
9th November, 2012, 05:18 PM
Find local recommended tradesmen - ratedpeople.com (http://www.ratedpeople.com/?gclid=CK7jjPKkwrMCFSTLtAodFy8ALQ)

manster
9th November, 2012, 08:50 PM
What area are you ?

manutd4life
9th November, 2012, 11:34 PM
just another disaster. this ****ing black cloud over me better go soon

anyway any sparks on here?

need help and advice re re-wiring a 3 bed mid terrace hse - concrete floors downstairs.

is there a website that recommends tradesmen in your local area?

advice on re wiring? hope your not doing it yourself? what area you in?

Lainie
10th November, 2012, 12:39 AM
Im in glasgow

maca
10th November, 2012, 12:40 AM
Im in glasgow
Sorry love but me wire wont stretch that far lol

Lainie
10th November, 2012, 12:46 AM
Awe maca shame its not bigger lol

manster
10th November, 2012, 12:52 AM
glasgow is too far for me . run the cables yourself and get a sparkie to connect them

manutd4life
10th November, 2012, 11:55 AM
glasgow is too far for me . run the cables yourself and get a sparkie to connect them

If someone asked me to come round and 2nd fix someone else's 1st fix I'd just tell them no. If you get a problem anywhere it would be a nightmare to find. Plus they could have done it wrong in the first place!

Lainie
10th November, 2012, 05:48 PM
we wont be doing it ourselves - wouldnt have a clue. its something that needs to be done properly

manutd4life
10th November, 2012, 05:55 PM
we wont be doing it ourselves - wouldnt have a clue. its something that needs to be done properly

if you are gonna get quotes, get some of some building companies aswell as just electrical companies as they should know some sparks that they might pay to do it.

Lainie
10th November, 2012, 06:07 PM
can i also ask does it have to be a full rewiring?

manutd4life
10th November, 2012, 06:09 PM
can i also ask does it have to be a full rewiring?

yeah, may aswell do it proper than having half a ring main on old and half on new, same with the lights. but with out seeing and knowing how old the current wiring is, its hard to say. is it a fairly big house? whats your reasoning in getting a rewire?

racin-snake
10th November, 2012, 06:32 PM
why dont you get one of the unemployed electrician " clients " at work to do it on the side lol

charlie chuckles
12th November, 2012, 10:55 PM
where in glasgow

fandm
16th November, 2012, 10:57 PM
Beware of rated tradesmen sites,it is easy to get on them, just pay your money and get relatives and friends to submit good reports for you.it was like that when master builders fed sterted up, vans with their sticker on them brought more money than it was worth .even that only cost ?250 to join and some recommendations from friends,also these days to many experts have been to pay as you go schools never really done any work unsupervised then they come to your house for the experience,
Pick a reliable local contractor one with experience they really do not need to go on any type of recommended tradesmen sites there work speaks for itself.