PDA

View Full Version : benefits of rooting my htc wildfire

NICETOBNICE
10th November, 2012, 07:11 PM
Hi guys what would be the benefits of rooting my android htc
i have done it before but on a sony xperia x8

its obviously the same process but is it safe on the htc wildfire and do the benefits out way the negatives?

dasteph
10th November, 2012, 08:25 PM
Hi guys what would be the benefits of rooting my android htc
i have done it before but on a sony xperia x8

its obviously the same process but is it safe on the htc wildfire and do the benefits out way the negatives?

the benefit is using a more uptodate version of android with a custom rom, as to whether its safe to do if you find a guide on rooting your phone and follow it you should not end up with a brick.

NICETOBNICE
10th November, 2012, 08:45 PM
cheers mate
not sure if i will now as the damn thing keeps saying no network so swapped the sim to my sony x8 this seems a common problem on the htc not sure if theres a fix

happy_highlander
10th November, 2012, 10:05 PM
cheers mate
not sure if i will now as the damn thing keeps saying no network so swapped the sim to my sony x8 this seems a common problem on the htc not sure if theres a fix

Lots of problems on networks today m8. I have four friends using different networks with signal problems today.......To answer your initial question, I am all for rooting and the benefits always outway the risks if you follow a good guide....One big con against rooting is internet banking apps will not install on a rooted phone...Well none of the two I use will anyway.