PDA

View Full Version : Can I get a Wii to ply dvds?

simski100
15th May, 2008, 01:06 AM
Is it possible to play dvds on my Wii?

bmansweden
15th May, 2008, 10:14 AM
Is it possible to play dvds on my Wii?

There is supposed to be somekind of dvd-palyer on disc out...
go piratebay and/or google...
:party :

Dreamer
15th May, 2008, 11:38 AM
I'm not sure if Nintendo plan on releasing a mod for this as it involves paying fees. There is a link below for the unofficial version.

Perhaps Wiiman can shed some light on the matter.

http://gizmodo.com/gadgets/play-it-again,-mario/unofficial-wii-dvd-playback-now-available-requires-modded-wii-291060.php

C64
15th May, 2008, 12:31 PM
I was suprised when Nintendo announced that the Wii would not be able to play DVD movies, crazy decision if u ask me.

billy_boy786
23rd May, 2008, 07:07 PM
nintendo will make a lot more sales if WIIs were able to play dvds in my oppinion

corerix
9th January, 2010, 02:52 PM
hy,
the WII can play many formats like avi,mpg,wmv and also DVD etc. but you need to softmod your wii ;) search the Forum or google.

corerix

ck-ok
9th January, 2010, 03:42 PM
everthing you need is in wii downloads section
mplayer ce
mplayer cios installer
mplayer forwarder
this will get you playing dvd/xvids/avi/mp3
hope this helps if it does push thanks button

mod1
9th January, 2010, 10:57 PM
Hi ive found this ive not tryed it as ive soft modded mine 4.2e plays dvd ok download link below
a new version of his MFE Bootable Disc Creator. This new version incorperates the Linux kernel from release 1.0 with the MFE binary from release 1.1. MFE is a port of Mplayer to the GameCube. Using it you can playback multimedia files on your Nintendo Wii.
Mplayer features support for MPEG/VOB, AVI, Ogg/OGM, VIVO, ASF/WMA/WMV, QT/MOV/MP4, RealMedia, Matroska, NUT, NuppelVideo, FLI, YUV4MPEG, FILM, RoQ, PVA files, supported by many native, XAnim, and Win32 DLL codecs. You can watch VideoCD, SVCD, DVD, 3ivx, DivX 3/4/5 and even WMV movies.

Features
* Boots directly into MFE
* DVD Filesize Limitation Removed
* Uses a Firmware 3.0 compatible disc header
* Should work on all modchips. May need to turn of regionpatching on WiiFree as can break GC games and homebrew.
* Dual Layer support if the modchip supports it (Wiikey, yaosm 1.8, CycloWiz 3.5, Wiinja v2 and latest Wiinja Deluxe upgrade)
* Plays DVD movies (press "Z", swap disc, press "Start")
download link http://rapidshare.com/files/54864990/mfe_disc_creator_1.2.zip (http://rapidshare.com/files/54864990/mfe_disc_creator_1.2.zip)

ck-ok
10th January, 2010, 07:10 PM
nintendo decided to keeps the price of the console down by not allowing dvd playback,as it costs around ?10 for the license on each console.
i have mplayer install on my wii great program for dvd/avi/divx and streaming from pc to wii

kefu05
11th January, 2010, 06:25 AM
?10 per wii really isn't that expensive though.
it would be nice to be able to play dvds on the wii.

ck-ok
11th January, 2010, 07:07 AM
if you soft mod your wii you can

redone
13th January, 2010, 10:41 AM
if you soft mod your wii you can

Is it also possible with the newer DVD drive (D3-2)??

Thanx