PDA

View Full Version : Nexus 7 or Galaxy Tab 2?

cunny
12th November, 2012, 02:34 PM
So looking at 7" tablets atm and wondering now which to get, its either the 2 in the title.

Nexus looks the better but no SD slot
Tab 2 has card slot but lower performance

Any ideas anyone?

Shady
12th November, 2012, 02:40 PM
The galaxy tab.
yeah its got a less powerful cpu, but tbh, youre not going to use it as a lappy replacement really are you?
theres more custom roms for the galaxy and i see tesco advertising it at ?158 with a free 8gb mem card

crxvtec
9th December, 2012, 03:10 PM
I have a galaxy tab 2 without sim and it works flawlessly, and I would recommend it to others.

w13dle
24th December, 2012, 04:12 PM
I have the Nexus myself awesome peice of kit, I don't like the Samsung bloatware but as said you could put custom roms on if you really want, but myself I prefer the pure Google you get updates before others & its Tegra supported, you can always use cloud space if needed

hypersonic
24th December, 2012, 05:02 PM
I have the Asus Nexus 7 32 gig running Android 4.2.
Its a great bit of kit. With a OTG USB adaptor and nexus media importer you can play movies and upload from a USB stick. Also it runs flashplayer 11 to stream movies, BBc iplayer etc. Great screen and quad core processor.

aftermath
26th December, 2012, 01:56 PM
also the asus google nexus 7 dont need to be rooted , just install a couple of programs and get your apps for free.

also xmbc works too for streaming from the net ( i little laggy but it works )

baldobaldini
31st December, 2012, 11:45 AM
I bought the Galaxy Tab 7" 2.0 for my daughter and I agree with most. The CPU difference isn't going to be that significant. The main difference between the two is the screen. Whilst the screen on the Galaxy Tab is more than adequate, the extra resolution on the Nexus is excellent. If you are using it to read books and web pages etc then the extra sharpness of the Nexus 7 may be a better choice. On a personal note, I prefer the texture of the Nexus when holding it. Chances are it'll be in a cover of some kind in which case this becomes irrelevant.

BrunoGuerreiro
6th January, 2013, 01:16 PM
I prefere NEXUS tablet. NEXUS have more updates.

karmoranas
6th January, 2013, 06:13 PM
nexus best for games :ciao: