PDA

View Full Version : Primer..needed or not?

.: JaCkPoT :.
21st February, 2009, 02:50 AM
Well i have decided to spray my 360controller black with the cheap paint from poundland..
Question is, do i have to use primer?
I have opened up 5 of the 7 tamper proof screws with a small flathead driver but struggling to open bottom two..any ideas on what to use to snap the bit of metal sticking up? We did it to the rest but the bottom two are hard as the screw is really deep..i really dont want to have to buy a tamperproof t8 for 5quid..
Please advise..

cunny
21st February, 2009, 05:01 PM
Well i have decided to spray my 360controller black with the cheap paint from poundland..
Question is, do i have to use primer?
I have opened up 5 of the 7 tamper proof screws with a small flathead driver but struggling to open bottom two..any ideas on what to use to snap the bit of metal sticking up? We did it to the rest but the bottom two are hard as the screw is really deep..i really dont want to have to buy a tamperproof t8 for 5quid..
Please advise..

They are T10 and i have a good guide on how to open the case.
If you hold open the case from where you have opened, use a pin in them as they are a pain to get open someimes.
You could also make a 'key' out of a dvd tub lid.
As for primer, i probably would but please let me know how you get on as i want to do the same

22nd February, 2009, 01:21 AM
Can you explain your guide on opening better please!
Cheers for the reply

cunny
22nd February, 2009, 10:05 AM
if you pm me your email address i will send you one

22nd February, 2009, 01:57 PM
post edited, please remove post...cheers

cunny
22nd February, 2009, 03:15 PM
Email sent

STU666
12th March, 2009, 08:26 PM
Sadiq, its best to use a primer as you will get a much more even and smooth finish on the xbox. You could try a high-build primer, this will give you a good surface to paint on. Also, watch out what paint you are using as the xbox generates a fair whack of heat. Would hate to hear your 'box went up in flames after a marathon COD-fest.