PDA

View Full Version : comet

paul hick
14th November, 2012, 06:57 PM
went into our local comet last night after 2 pairs of headphones for the wife and myself.these folks are in administration and as such they are having a "sale" to get rid of all stock.having a look around i noticed that their sale prices are still higher than pc world/currys ect so i had a word with the manager as he passed.he asked me what i wanted and budget i had so i told him i was looking to spend around ?80 and there were some skullcandy ones we liked the look of and the reviews looked promising,he then walked us over to the stockroom doors and told us to wait there.he returned within 20 seconds with 2 pairs of beats by dr dre (?200+ a pair).i told him there was no way i could afford these to which he replied dont worry i am being made redundant in a few days by the looks of it so if you want them for ?80 then they are yours!!!!

cheers comet you will be missed.

Kalipo
14th November, 2012, 08:10 PM
@ paul hick - How much do you pay for the extended warrenty lol

It was always going to happen.. It was bought for ?2 in 2011 with sales down 20% at the time they got a 50M loan..

Try turning -20% sales in a + and pay back 50m and pay its staff... not an easy task..

Shame it going... but they never discounted me anything.. lol

Shame about the staff also :(

super jumbe
14th November, 2012, 08:41 PM
Comet sale don?t make me laugh?..All items should have been auctioned that?s the way the administration works. http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/banghead.gifhttp://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/banghead.gifhttp://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/images/smilies/banghead.gif

jordigirl
14th November, 2012, 08:50 PM
nice 1 - as they say shy bairns get no sweets -

think al have a wander down our local comet tomorrow with a smaller budget lol

thevincentvega
14th November, 2012, 09:07 PM
I'm on my way!

paul hick
14th November, 2012, 09:45 PM
just have a word with the employees as they have nowt to lose by giving discounts,the only thing is there seems to be people from the administrators walking round with clipboards waching most things.

Meat-Head
14th November, 2012, 11:01 PM
BUGGER IT, THAT'S what i been meaning to do for the past few days, thanks.

ON TOPIC:-

Can somebody explain how a household name that's been going for 30 years, go bust?

At M-H-m at the end of the year, we stuff the profits in a high intrest bank account, if during the year we get low, just trasnfer some across.

Lainie
15th November, 2012, 01:03 AM
nice one - think i will pop down to the one down the road tomorrow lol

Meat-Head
17th November, 2012, 10:17 AM
ADVERTISEMENT:-

if you go down to coment today, your in for a big surprise, cos todays the day, comet have their gooing off line sale

RedSpider
17th November, 2012, 12:49 PM
Why are people so stupid for headphones?
?80?
It's just headphones.
I get a perfectly good crisp sound with the ones I got off Amazon for ?2.
If you're going to go and take the pi55 with Comet, at least get a telly.

Meat-Head
17th November, 2012, 01:10 PM
say redspider, by the time got there - not long after my last post all the Polish btought the cheap tellys, only ?1200 ones left

my2234
17th November, 2012, 07:34 PM
Did you get a reciept

Lainie
18th November, 2012, 08:18 PM
Why are people so stupid for headphones?
?80?
It's just headphones.
I get a perfectly good crisp sound with the ones I got off Amazon for ?2.
If you're going to go and take the pi55 with Comet, at least get a telly.

i feel the same red. i dont care how much they cost people walking down the street with these massive headsets just look as tho they are from a different planet. its as if ooohhh look at me!!

Kalipo
18th November, 2012, 10:02 PM
I'm staging a one man protest because of the size of my head. You'll probably be ok now you have them. You big-headed ****.

paul hick
20th November, 2012, 05:32 PM
i feel the same red. i dont care how much they cost people walking down the street with these massive headsets just look as tho they are from a different planet. its as if ooohhh look at me!!
got nothing at all to do with the "ooh look at me factor" at all,if you bother to read my original post i just wanted 2 pairs of boggo standard headphones (these are to be used with the wifes tablet on airplanes,not for street strutting)but if someone offers you top of the range for the same price your not going to turn it down now are you?
was just passing on a bit of advice to fellow posters thats all.

Shady
20th November, 2012, 05:46 PM
80 pound a pair headphones are far from bog standard

Sent from my T-Mobile Vivacity using Tapatalk 2

paul hick
20th November, 2012, 06:07 PM
80 pound a pair headphones are far from bog standard

?40 a pair is,this was ?80 for 2 pairs.

Shady
20th November, 2012, 06:09 PM
Sorry ill rephrase... 40 quid headphones are not bog standard. They've had your pants down and made it look like they were doing you a favour

paul hick
20th November, 2012, 06:11 PM
they are,you try finding decent quality ones for under ?40 that will last for over 12 months use.

Shady
20th November, 2012, 06:14 PM
Ok. Done it.

masur123
20th November, 2012, 06:28 PM
To be fair the guy was only trying to help. Some people might fancy picking up a bargain. No need to slate him for it!

Lainie
20th November, 2012, 08:19 PM
went down to our local one last night and it was almost bare apart from a few washing machines and fridge freezers

RedSpider
20th November, 2012, 08:30 PM
they are,you try finding decent quality ones for under ?40 that will last for over 12 months use.

i've had my 2 quid ones for 4 years.