PDA

View Full Version : 2003 1.5dci renault non start

m3vuv
15th November, 2012, 08:52 PM
hi all,ive just got this in the workshop,according to the punter it just cut out,it cranks but no start,ive no comms with the engine ecu,my gear will talk to airbags.abs rtc but not the engine ecu,i have no +5v supply to any of the engine sensors,so looks like the ecu has lost its supply at a guese,now the question is does anyone have any circuit diagrams for the engine managment and relay locations etc,i suspect its a relay u/s or a feed rotted out,any help welcome cheers Paul.

40+
15th November, 2012, 09:24 PM
Hi i hade one just like this i was the ecu .

synkrotronic
15th November, 2012, 11:07 PM
Confirm positive 12 V on egr,camshaft and fuel selenoide pressure,is from relay

synkrotronic
15th November, 2012, 11:22 PM
there are three relays smaller on engine bay near battery,one is from ecu

Meat-Head
15th November, 2012, 11:49 PM
find a parking lot, unbolt the under hood fusebox, swear when no matter how hard you tug the top cover REFUSESZ to budge.

find both fuseboxes rotten, pay ?150 + vat from dealer for new, or loom chsffed inner wing, rember thanks botton

m3vuv
16th November, 2012, 12:47 AM
theres no juice at all to any of the sensors,are the ecu one of the three small brown ones near the battery?,cheers paul.

m3vuv
16th November, 2012, 12:48 AM
meant to say ecu relay,its getting late! lol.

Meat-Head
16th November, 2012, 08:49 AM
that fault that car open fusebox check for ter, if none found find a faceut

alfabit
16th November, 2012, 09:09 AM
DCM 12 broken, common problem on those 1.5 diesel Reno engines.

m3vuv
16th November, 2012, 10:19 AM
whats a dcm 12?

alfabit
16th November, 2012, 10:28 AM
whats a dcm 12?

ECU = Delphy TRW DCM12

There are two types of ecus mounted on the engine K9K 1.5 dci...DCM12 and DDCR34

Is ecu is DCM12 delphy or DDCR34 ? You didn`t mention that !

m3vuv
16th November, 2012, 10:31 AM
the ecu on this is mounted behind the battery,not sure of the type yet tho!

alfabit
16th November, 2012, 10:36 AM
the ecu on this is mounted behind the battery,not sure of the type yet tho!

Oh, you didn`t see it at all !
Maybe your car has no more ecu, somebody stole it...lol

Sorry, joking ....:p

Meat-Head
16th November, 2012, 11:05 AM
does the indian have several itsy bity tiny weeny stickers saying DELPHI?

not sure if there yellow or have polka dots!

admiralx
16th November, 2012, 08:01 PM
hi all,ive just got this in the workshop,according to the punter it just cut out,it cranks but no start,ive no comms with the engine ecu,my gear will talk to airbags.abs rtc but not the engine ecu,i have no +5v supply to any of the engine sensors,so looks like the ecu has lost its supply at a guese,now the question is does anyone have any circuit diagrams for the engine managment and relay locations etc,i suspect its a relay u/s or a feed rotted out,any help welcome cheers Paul.
hi my friend,,,, it is very difficult to give any help when you're in front of a desktop computer,,,,,,, first of all need to check the fuses on the side of the engine,,,, where are assembled relays and fuses,, is a small black relay called engine control relay,,,, change the relay are usually those that give problems, there is no communication with ECU diagnoses if not fed with +12 volts:giveup::captain:

Ashraf6119
17th November, 2012, 07:22 PM
Hi

Follow the wiring loom from ECU to words the battery about 10 t0 12 inch down the way you will find a broken wires.............you got to be very careful while you checking those wire...can't remember the colour of the wire but, look for orange, white, or green colour wire..............

Hope this helps..........

m3vuv
18th November, 2012, 04:09 AM
got it sorted,it was corosion in the white multiplug in the fusebox near the battery,thanks all for your help.