PDA

View Full Version : USALS Setup on VIX 3.0 image

unclebobuk
16th November, 2012, 06:38 PM
First off,
it's my first time trying any VIX release on my newly arrvived Vu+ DUO (not a clone) and i have to say i am very impressed. Got everything working solidly (TSPanel added and all the bits to go with it. All working great!). Cross EPG done and dusted. USB drive and swap added. So my next challenge was to try USALS. I'd already configured my LONG/LAT correctly and accepted the defaults for the tuner setups. I simply chose 'positioner' added my location and left the rest @ default settings. (Tuning step size .36, Horiz speed 2.3, Vert speed 1.7). Sadly although I select another satellite (I've got the CATSEYE settings installed) My positioner fails to start moving... and the box then just sits there with the satellite movement indicator flashing... i rebooted and tried again... tuning to 13E... this time it worked... great.... then i decided to select a service back on 28.2... sadly it just said 'fail to tune'. I was forced to go into the Setup -> Service Searching -> Sat Finder menu and select the satellite from there before it would move.

So is there something more i should be doing to make this work reliably. Never had any problems with the positioner on my old DM800 so i think the mechanicals and voltages are ok.

Any advice appreciated.

BTW I'm running VIX image 3.0 build 413

UPDATE: I know why i don't see anything now... Scenario....

on 28.2 E... select service on 13E. Goes to Service no problem. Positioner moves.
Select service on 28.2E again... flips to 2nd tuner (tuner b) but does not move positioner.

As I've never had a dual tuner box before i didnt spot this.

So i guess my question is how to workaround or resolve this. Can i force a positioner change with either tuner?
Can i flip tuners on the remote ? I can't see a key to do this anywhere?

At least i know why now!

feedback appreciated.
ta.

thanks
Bob.

digicon
17th November, 2012, 01:38 PM
do you have a static dish as well as a motorised dish connected to both Tuner A and Tuner B, if so try putting the static on Tuner B and the Motorised on Tuner A.

You only need your Lon and Lat settings entered into the tuner config and thats it.

One last thing i have seen these now a few times even on official Duo's where the motor will not turn when selecting a channel on a different satellite, but when going through the menu - service searching menu and selecting a satellite manually the dish moved everytime. the only way to resolve this was to reflash the box and start a fresh

unclebobuk
17th November, 2012, 03:48 PM
Ahh, ok,
I've got a single motorised dish connected to the duo... so just a single feed. So are you saying i should just make one tuner usals and not the other one? if so which one should be usals (tuner a?) and for the 2nd tuner what should the settings be? Currently both tuners are set to usals.

thanks.
Bob.

digicon
17th November, 2012, 03:59 PM
Just connect the single motor feed to Tuner A and configure it as Positioner - Usals and enter your co-ordinates and for Tuner B just leave it as not configured.

unclebobuk
17th November, 2012, 05:18 PM
thanks. that worked a treat....

unclebobuk
21st November, 2012, 09:30 AM
umm,
i hit a problem last night. Tried to set a timer to record something on 28e. no problem. that started but then i could not select another service on 28e unless it was on the same transponder as the recorded service. So leaving as 'not configured' didnt help with that. Should it be 'same as tuner a' for the other tuner or perhaps 'loopthrough?'

I guess i will have to do some testing.

apart from that it's all quite good.

cheers.
bob.

digicon
21st November, 2012, 10:42 AM
I am afraid that is the limitation of only having a single feed on a dual tuner receiver, you can only record one channel and watch another channel which is on the same transponder. If you wish to watch a different channel completely and i mean on a different transponder and polarity you will need a second feed from your dish.

unclebobuk
21st November, 2012, 04:46 PM
wow. really? I didnt know that. If i had done I'd have got a vu+ solo instead! so if I've got two tuners i need two feeds from my lnb? sheesh... that's a bummer.

my system is a single lnb with a motrised dish..

:-(

digicon
21st November, 2012, 07:17 PM
wow. really? I didnt know that. If i had done I'd have got a vu+ solo instead! so if I've got two tuners i need two feeds from my lnb? sheesh... that's a bummer.

my system is a single lnb with a motrised dish..

:-(

The most common setup is that most people already have a standard Sky dish on there property so when installing a Motorised with a twin tuner model LNB 1 has the Motorised and LNB 2 has the static 28.2? east feed