PDA

View Full Version : duo clone bricked after 2 hours

satdown
17th November, 2012, 01:28 AM
Just received a clone from China marked as version 3.0. It was running Blackhole(don't know which version), did a satellite search on astra 28.2 and rebooted all ok at this stage. So I thought I would update some of the plugins, tried hbbtv and tuxbox. Attempted a reboot, the box produced a crash log and would not reboot.
After several reboot attempts it now doesn't produce a crash log , I just get a red light and no signal to the tv via hdmi or scart.
I was hoping someone might be able to suggest what my next step should be - please don't reply with buy a genuine box.

Rodbouy
17th November, 2012, 02:04 AM
What happens when you try reflash it ?

digicon
17th November, 2012, 03:14 AM
You can either try flashing an image via USB although reported the V3.0 are working with newer images yours is not the first to report that they dont work, iwould suggest flash an old 3.1.1 image say BH 1.7.2 via USB and see if that does the trick.

If it comes down to it then i assume you will have a null modem lead and the IC security board if so then a trip to the VU official site and download the VU Util flash program along with the 0.7 .nfi image for the Duo and flash this via the Null lead.

First port of call is using USB

ezferret
17th November, 2012, 04:18 PM
I would open it up and make sure the psu connection to the motherboard is connected. It has to be a tight connection as they sometimes look OK but dont work (really push it in with a screwdriver or similar)
Then if still dont boot try reflash image

satdown
17th November, 2012, 04:43 PM
cfe_cfe_auto.bin via usb seems to have fixed it for the moment but everything seemed a bit iffy with blank screens for most of the time.
Didn't have to load a new image, the Chinese supplier provided the box running Blackhole 1.7.3 and the box seems to have reverted to it.