PDA

View Full Version : Checksums for VAG EDC16Ux in Winols

joolsik
17th November, 2012, 10:45 AM
Hi all,

I have question to VAG EDC16Ux Checksums in Winols.

1. I set my original file in Winols.
2. Then I add tuned file downloaded from the car. The car is running with this tuned file perfect. But I dont understand why Winols always writes me that the checksum is not correct. It's already working file from the car... Why should be checksum not correct??

Can anybody explain it to me? I tried some EDC16 files (original vs tuned file) and it's always like this.

Thank you very much

J_amb_o
17th November, 2012, 11:33 AM
There are different ways that can result in a correct checksum. Some tools correct differently to OLS.

J

joolsik
17th November, 2012, 12:07 PM
Ok... And this version 2.24 correct the checksums right for VAG EDC16Ux??

I'm still on the long road of learning about automotive. ;) :D

kennfeld
17th November, 2012, 01:22 PM
i fact some tools dl the file of the car ignoring the checksum area as they make the checksum during write ...
perhaps you have such tool that not read the checksum so winols say it's not correct ...

joolsik
19th November, 2012, 09:16 AM
i fact some tools dl the file of the car ignoring the checksum area as they make the checksum during write ...
perhaps you have such tool that not read the checksum so winols say it's not correct ...

I see.. Hmmm.. For these ones I used OBD tool which is not able to calculate the checksums...

Diagnosticated
19th November, 2012, 12:24 PM
When winols 2.24 says checksum incorrect it doesn't mean incorrect. It means incorrect for winols 2.24. If a file is from Winols 1.5 with correct checksum it will show as incorrect in winols 2.24 I believe. This doesn't matter because winols 2.24 will recalculate a 2.24 checksum ready for the file to be put back. I hope this makes sense.

kennfeld
19th November, 2012, 03:17 PM
I see.. Hmmm.. For these ones I used OBD tool which is not able to calculate the checksums...

i prefere the tool make the checksum because the tool maker pay new ecu if it's make the checksum wrong winols pay nothing at all ...

pawliukazz
22nd November, 2012, 08:53 AM
Probably all tools that flash EDC16's by obd calculate checksum a bit differently.

there is such thing as "compability test checksum" when you import a binary file. If the file was flashed with lets say MPPS, that checksum was not calculated by the flasher tool program, but the car runs fine.

Now when you import new file to the project, uncheck "calculate compability test checksum" And then you will see that all other checksums are fine...