PDA

View Full Version : hard drive upgrade

daz24c
22nd February, 2009, 02:47 AM
hi im after a bit of advice.ive seen a few links on the net that say you can swap the internals of a 20gb to a 120gb but im a bit uncertain what hard drive i need to buy.can some1 help if they have done this themselves please
thanks

:party:

.: JaCkPoT :.
22nd February, 2009, 02:55 AM
Been wondering this for ages..how good it would be to upgrade hard drive size without having to buy a official harddrive

daz24c
22nd February, 2009, 03:01 AM
if you google upgrade hard drive there is a way to do it i just dont know what hard drive to buy to do it.thought some genius on here wouldve done it by now lol

caveman_nige
22nd February, 2009, 05:16 AM
my understanding is that you have to get the hack prog for the make of drive... i know there is a specific prog out there for the Western Digital Scorpio Sata BEV disks which you can use in a xbox360

jonnyg
22nd February, 2009, 12:09 PM
I've never done this mod myself but i know peeps who have with no probs.

Theirs a straight forward tut Here (http://www.pcworld.com/article/150970/upgrade_your_xbox_360s_hard_drive_on_the_cheap.htm l)

Not sure what other HDD work but i know this HDD (http://www.ebuyer.com/product/110273) does....

Apparently there are two versions of this drive one is a " lat," and the other is a" rst" and only the lat one can be flashed...

All software that is needed can be got off xbins.

Rgrds Jonny

22nd February, 2009, 02:05 PM
Is there a 60gb out there which works?
I could never fill 120 unless i download demos after demo after demo!

jonnyg
22nd February, 2009, 10:04 PM
Is there a 60gb out there which works?
I could never fill 120 unless i download demos after demo after demo!
I dont know Sadiq999uk i've only seen info on modding a 120gb...
I only tend to play COD 4 & 5 which i've got saved to my 20gb HDD which is pretty much full with two games.
At the mo i've not got a need for 120gb myself but i'm sure that it won't be long before i get into other games and want more space ;)

23rd February, 2009, 12:45 AM
Jonny, may i have a gamertag? I play cod4 24/7 ..truly love it..i can play with you..i dont have waw but imo 4 is better

jonnyg
23rd February, 2009, 10:18 AM
Jonny, may i have a gamertag? I play cod4 24/7 ..truly love it..i can play with you..i dont have waw but imo 4 is better

Cool..
I don't get on as much as i would like to due to having a 8mth old baby boy... I try and grab an hour when i can but its hit and miss at the mo, the little fella is cutting teeth and its keeping us all up at night :(...

Got to agree with u there, cod4 is much better i cant wait for 6 ;)

My gamer tag is: tunnel v1s1on