PDA

View Full Version : Cool TV Guide and Picons from USB

seventhson
17th November, 2012, 03:24 PM
Hi,
Does anybody know how to get cool tv guide V5.0.2 to show picons instead of the channel name in the guide?
Here's some info of what I have/have tried:
Dynavision Spark HD (rebadged fulan) running HDMU E2 image.
I have a usb hdd, formatted in ext3, mounted to /media/USB .
Info banner shows picons stored on usb hdd fine when changing channel. By editing CoolPico.pyo and changing the line that looks for picon storage from /media/usb/picon/s to /media/USB/picon/s , picon's now show up at the top of the guide (where it says cool nice guide,tiny guide etc). However it still shows the channel names and not the picon down the side of the guide.

It's obviously now reading them from the usb to be showing them at the top, but why does it not show them in the list? What can I add/change in the .pyo file to make them show?
There set to show in the cool tv setup.
Any help for this (to some maybe) small problem is appreciated.
Thanks

chic.
17th November, 2012, 04:05 PM
hi m8 i add them with dcc if you havent already download them here http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/attachments/f216/149861d1350075992-sgtflipflop-skyuk-bouquets-updated-regularly-sgtflipflop.skyuk.picon.pack.12.10.12.rar in dcc click ftp/media/usb and add them here if you have your epg up you can watch them loading

seventhson
17th November, 2012, 09:04 PM
Thanks for the reply and the link:). I already have the picons on the usb drive, in a folder called picon at the root of the drive. As I said it's obviously reading them from the usb as they show up as little logo's at the top of the guide, but not down the side of the guide in place of the channel names.
I've even tried deleting the folder and re-adding it via FTP but still no luck, just the little ones at the top but none down the side.
There must be something missing/not quite right in CoolPico.pyo that's causing it,as it knows they're there, just doesn't show them
Thanks

paddyfixit4u
29th December, 2012, 01:47 PM
Thanks for the link:goodpost:

murphyb007
2nd January, 2013, 08:18 PM
Hi, was wondering if you had been able to sort out the Picon issue? have cool tv guide myself and would like to add the Picons, which I have downloaded on my computer? Any help would be great. Thanks

johngav
3rd January, 2013, 12:17 PM
This is how I got the picons to show, I believe that cooltvguide needs the picon folder to be in usr/share/enigma2.

works perfect for me using 7020hd dreambox

happy_highlander
3rd January, 2013, 03:33 PM
This is how I got the picons to show, I believe that cooltvguide needs the picon folder to be in usr/share/enigma2.

works perfect for me using 7020hd dreambox

Or media> usb> picon

murphyb007
20th January, 2013, 04:01 PM
Thanks, really an amateur at this, so I stick a USB in the back, and transfer picons from folder on my computer to the USB? Via control centre?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

digicon
20th January, 2013, 04:08 PM
Thanks, really an amateur at this, so I stick a USB in the back, and transfer picons from folder on my computer to the USB? Via control centre?

to save time just transfer your picons into the appropriate folder on your USB drive when its in your computer then plug in the back of the box

murphyb007
20th January, 2013, 04:12 PM
Thanks digicon, then do they automatically appear on the channels or is there some sort of sync thing to do?

happy_highlander
20th January, 2013, 06:02 PM
Thanks digicon, then do they automatically appear on the channels or is there some sort of sync thing to do?

If they are in the folder cool epg looks in they will appear automatically.

murphyb007
20th January, 2013, 06:03 PM
Excellent, seems pretty fool proof :) thanks

n4cer
20th January, 2013, 06:26 PM
Can i put them onto my hdd and how

happy_highlander
20th January, 2013, 06:45 PM
Can i put them onto my hdd and how

Yes you can put them onto hdd by either connecting hdd to pc and copying files into the appropriate folder or ftp the picons from pc to appropriate folder. .... appropriate folder being wherever you have epg configured to look for picons on hdd

n4cer
20th January, 2013, 07:02 PM
Take it i put this in the crosspeg folder?

digicon
20th January, 2013, 07:54 PM
Take it i put this in the crosspeg folder?

No you put all Picons in the 'picon' folder the crossepg folder holds just that the EPG data

n4cer
20th January, 2013, 08:13 PM
Thanks for your help

No you put all Picons in the 'picon' folder the crossepg folder holds just that the EPG data

murphyb007
20th January, 2013, 11:10 PM
Got it going thanks, thought it was going to be something complicated,

satman44
9th October, 2013, 07:01 PM
hi downloaded all ok how do i sort them into a to z order thanks

satman44
13th October, 2013, 09:03 AM
hi downloaded all ok how do i sort them into a to z order thanks

can this be done

cisco1
13th October, 2013, 10:02 AM
Hi Guy's

Thank you for this, i have been trying and trying to get the OLED working for many week ends.
im using Dreambox 800 hd se, with TS Image

I put the file straight into Enigma 2 downloaded the picons 28.2 from ts panel and all working perfect.

The bit i always get stuck on is i can download the picons direct to the Dreambox HD and picons show.

However when i go to system-storage device and format USB, the USB does show but says it is not mounted. My problem being that although i have 28.2 picons stored on the HD of the box. I would rather store them on the USB along with all the other multisat picons.

That way i believe less memory is being used on the HD of the dreambox. Could anyone please help with this please

thank you in advance