PDA

View Full Version : Unable to install firmware

Tufacs
22nd November, 2012, 04:27 PM
Hi all,

I've bought 3 Dreambox DM800HD SE for use with CanalSat (Canal+). To make the (official paid) Canal+ card work with a dreambox I need to have a CCCAm or similar tool installed on this machine. Therefore I wanted to install the latest OpenPLI. But whatever I try I always get the same problem. While updating the firmware trough Web it gets stuck at 1% (while updating) and in Dreamup 1.3.3.9 (an SUNRAY-FlashUP) I get "box is flashing from its memory..." This message keeps on screen for as long as I leave the tool opened. I waited longer than 1 hour and it didn't update a bit...

First I thougt it was because of the OpenPli so I've tried all stable releases of the official fimware. but with all version I get the same problem. Stupid thing is, it happened on ALL 3 machines :S. After problem with the first 2 Dreamboxes I used another PC but the same problem.

Stupid/ strange thing is, I CAN "install" secondstage-dm800se-84 without any problems, but after this "succes" I still can't install a normal image....

I hope I made my problem clear and some can help me.

Mr S
25th November, 2012, 04:38 PM
Sounds like you are flashing incorrectly. Few things to try

1) Try using another web browser to what you have tried with (e.g. Firefox or IE).
2) Turn off antivirus and firewalls on the PC jus to make sure.
3) Connect your machine and the box to the router via ethernet cable and not wirelesss.

When using Dreamup
1) It sounds like you havent selected the correct com port. When you plug in the USB cable into the PC and box (linux box still turned off at this stage) then go to 'Device Manager' and select the USB device that popped up when you plugged in the USB cable, then right click and properties and see which 'COM' port it has connected to. Then start back on 'Dreamup' and amend the 'COM' port to what is was on device manager. Make sure 'use network' is unticked.

Report back your findings and there maybe something else that we can suggest

Regards

xenuss
5th December, 2012, 03:30 PM
Sounds like you are flashing incorrectly. Few things to try

1) Try using another web browser to what you have tried with (e.g. Firefox or IE).
2) Turn off antivirus and firewalls on the PC jus to make sure.
3) Connect your machine and the box to the router via ethernet cable and not wirelesss.

ok tq