benny/9
22nd November, 2012, 09:27 PM
i have just seen this info posted elsewhere
on the price and date for the new vu solo
OFFICIAL PRICE: 329 EURO

DELIVERY DATE IS NOW FIXED TO: 21.12.2012

this is just a bit more info

VU+ Solo? Full HD Twin DVB-S2 Linux HDTV PVR

Digitaler Satelliten-Empfangsreceiver f?r HD TV- und Radioprogramme.
Hauptmerkmal ist der 1300 MHz starke Prozessor der VU+ Solo?. Erleben Sie HighDefinition TV mit Ihrem VU+ Solo?.
? Transcoding Funktion
? Airplay Funktion
? Opera Browser
? HbbTV
? HDMI 1.4 Anschluss
? HD PIP
? Gigabit Lan
? Plug&Play Halterung f?r 2,5" SATA ? Festplatten
? 12 stelliges VFD Display
? Externes 12 V Netzteil
Technische Highlights:

o 1300 MHz Mips Prozessor
o 256MB Flash
o 1GB DDR3 DRAM
o Gigabit Lan
o 1 x DVB Common-Interface Einschub
o 2 x Smartcard-Reader (Xcrypt)
o 3 x USB(1x Front, 2 x R?ckseite)
o SPDIF Audio Ausgang optisch (digital)
o 1 x HDMI 1.4 Video/Audio Ausgang (digital)
o 1 x Scart (TV)
o 1 x Video Ausgang RCA
o 2 x Audio Ausgang (L/R) RCA (analog)
o Plug&Play Halterung f?r 2,5" SATA ? Festplatten
o unlimitierte Kanalliste f?r TV/Radio
o EPG (electronic program guide) Unterst?tzung
o Unterst?tzung von Bouquet-Listen
o OSD in vielen Sprachen und Skin-Unterst?tzung
o automatischer /manueller Kanalsuchlauf
o DiSEqC 1.0/1.1/1.2, USALS
o Externes 12 Volt Netzteil
o Netzschalter

VU+ Solo? Technische Daten:

DVB-S2 Tuner:
Eingangsfrequenzbereich 950...2150 MHz
Eingangspegelbereich - 65 dBm...- 25 dBm
Tuner Eingang F-Buchse
Eingangsimpedanz 75 Ohm
AFC-Fangbereich +/- 3,5 MHz
Demodulation QPSK und 8PSK
FEC Viterbi und Reed-Solomon
Viterbiraten 1/4, 1/3, 2/5, 1/2, 3/5, 2/3, 3/4, 4/5, 5/6, 8/9
Roll-off Factor 35 %
Common-Interface:
Common-Interface Stromverbrauch max. 0,35A/5V
Videodekodierung:
Videokompression MPEG-2 / H.264 und MPEG-1 kompatibel
Videostandard PAL G/ 25 Hz, NTSC
Bildformat 4:3 / 16:9
Letterbox f?r 4:3 TV-Ger?te
Ausgang Digital:
Ausgangspegel 0,5 Vss an 75 Ohm
Abtastfrequenzen 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz
S/PDIF-Ausgang optisch, coaxial (AC3)
Audiokodierung:
Audiokompression MPEG-1 & MPEG-2 Layer I und II, MP3
Audio Mode Dual (main/sub), Stereo
Abtastfrequenzen 32 kHz, 44.1 kHz, 48 kHz, 16 kHz, 22.05 kHz, 24 kHz
Ausgang Analog:
Ausgangspegel L/R 0,5 Vss an 600 Ohm
THD > 60 dB (1 kHz)
?bersprechen < -65 dB
Video-Parameter:
Eingangspegel FBAS 1 Vss +/- 0.25 dB an 75 Ohm

TV-Scart:
Ausgang: FBAS, RGB, ?ber OSD w?hlbar
Ethernet:
1000/100/10 MBit kompatibles Interface
USB:
USB 2.0 Anschluss (3x)
LNB Stromversorgung DVB-S2 Tuner:
LNB Strom 400mA max. , kurzschlussfest
LNB Spannung horizontal ?ohne Last 19,5V?17,6V bei 400mA
LNB Spannung vertikal ?ohne Last 14,5V ? 11,8V bei 400mA
LNB wird im Standby-Modus abgeschaltet
Steuerung der Satellitenpositionen:
DiSEqC 1.0/1.1/1.2 und USALS - Rotor Steuerung
Leistungsaufnahme:
< 13W (im Betrieb, mit LNB)
< 12W (im Betrieb, ohne LNB)
< 0,5W (Deep-Standby-Mode)
Eingangsspannung:
Externes Netzteil:
Eingang:
110-240V AC / 50-60Hz / 1,0A
Ausgang:
12V = / 3,5A
Allgemeines:
Umgebungstemperatur +15?C...+35?C
Luftfeuchtigkeit < 80%
Abmessungen (B x T x H): 280 mm x 200 mm x 50 mm
Gewicht: 2,0 kg ohne HDD

digicon
23rd November, 2012, 01:50 AM
Benny,

You might want to fix the title as i read it i thought you where talking about a Clone Solo V2 and not the new model called Solo2

Regards

mdt
23rd November, 2012, 02:53 AM
?266,+fees and p+p, regards mdt

IAmATeaf
23rd November, 2012, 10:25 PM
Me like that very much.

digicon
23rd November, 2012, 11:54 PM
After a quick calculation from ? to ? from a german retailer the Solo2 works out at todays rate of ?290 delivered released 20/12/12 anyone even thinking of buying a duo with just 4 weeks to go needs there head testing with this waiting in the wings.

Eiji
24th November, 2012, 05:36 AM
I will for sure be getting the Vu+ Solo 2 at that price but what is interesting is that the current touted flash size is 256MB but on the VU website it says 128MB.

Solo2 (http://www2.vuplus.com/products/solo2menu)

Which is it? 128MB or 256MB?

Lyrrad
24th November, 2012, 06:15 AM
After a quick calculation from ***8364; to ? from a german retailer the Solo2 works out at todays rate of ?290 delivered released 20/12/12 anyone even thinking of buying a duo with just 4 weeks to go needs there head testing with this waiting in the wings.

Hi mate I have been considering and putting off for a very long time the purchase of the duo. Reading your post and looking at the spec on the 1st post here is there anything that the solo2 lacks that is available on the duo. One major consideration for me is that my amp does not have HDMI so I need to use S/PDIF for sound which this model does have.

In a nutshell whats the difference between duo & solo2.

Thanks

RuberDuck
24th November, 2012, 08:27 AM
One more thing to consider is the Gigablue quad is running the exact same CPU as the upcoming Solo2.

redondo5
24th November, 2012, 11:51 AM
does the solo2 have two slots for tuner or a single slot with a twin dvbs2 tuner?

digicon
24th November, 2012, 01:03 PM
does the solo2 have two slots for tuner or a single slot with a twin dvbs2 tuner?

2 Fixed Tuners only the Uno,Ultimo and the Duo2 when released have Plug & Play Tuners.

alonso
24th November, 2012, 01:32 PM
Reading your post and looking at the spec on the 1st post here is there anything that the solo2 lacks that is available on the duo.

In a nutshell whats the difference between duo & solo2.

Thanks

Thats what I'd like to know also, whats the big difference??

Lyrrad
24th November, 2012, 02:13 PM
Thats what I'd like to know also, whats the big difference??

Managed to find this info to explain differences a bit. (http://blog.shopping4satellite.com/tag/vu-solo%C2%B2/)

alonso
24th November, 2012, 04:21 PM
Thanks, will have a look

digicon
24th November, 2012, 05:11 PM
Guys this will blow the 4 year old duo into next week with the specification thats on the Solo2, My advice wait for the release cause anyone who buys a Duo now unless it drops in price to less than a ?100 is incredibly stupid.

septicsmurf
24th November, 2012, 09:12 PM
I'd like to know how the transcoding is going to be achieved on the solo2 and duo2?
Surely 1300 mhz isn't enough processor power to do that.
I heard a rumor that there would be some secret chip used to enable this.

digicon
24th November, 2012, 09:19 PM
I'd like to know how the transcoding is going to be achieved on the solo2 and duo2?
Surely 1300 mhz isn't enough processor power to do that.
I heard a rumor that there would be some secret chip used to enable this.

As far as i am aware only the Duo2 is capable of on the Fly transcoding and streaming due to the fact it has double the ram for a start

septicsmurf
24th November, 2012, 10:31 PM
On the vu+ website under specs it says the solo2 has transcoding capabilities as well.

digicon
24th November, 2012, 11:05 PM
On the vu+ website under specs it says the solo2 has transcoding capabilities as well.

Apologies correct it states Transcoding for mobile devices the Duo2 supports more

digicon
25th November, 2012, 02:51 AM
And the first retail UK price cheaper than what i first thought

?299

VU + Solo ? HD Satellite Receiver (http://www.redappledigital.co.uk/VU-Solo-HD-Satellite-Receiver-p/solo2.htm)

redondo5
25th November, 2012, 12:51 PM
Hopefully we get some reviews how goodmthese are in the wild. Hopefully it won't suffer from the issues the gigablue quad has.

I can't really decide between solo2, giga quad and duo2.

I would like the extra tuners, but then price comes into it. The best compromise might be giga quad if only they can sort out all the driver issues

bokkie
25th November, 2012, 01:01 PM
Have you ordered one digi?
I'll be wanting one in the new year, but only if the transcoding to mobile devices works as advertised.
so hopefully someone will be able to test it out and confirm whether it's any good.
If transcoding doesn't work I'll have to hold on and see if the duo2 does.

digicon
25th November, 2012, 01:05 PM
Have you ordered one digi?
I'll be wanting one in the new year, but only if the transcoding to mobile devices works as advertised.
so hopefully someone will be able to test it out and confirm whether it's any good.
If transcoding doesn't work I'll have to hold on and see if the duo2 does.

I have decided to hang fire for the release of the Duo2 hopefully it shouldn't be that much dearer hopefully around ?400, I will hang on until someone gives a review of how sensitive the tuners are going to be before i purchase.

RuberDuck
25th November, 2012, 01:52 PM
Hopefully we get some reviews how goodmthese are in the wild. Hopefully it won't suffer from the issues the gigablue quad has.

I can't really decide between solo2, giga quad and duo2.

I would like the extra tuners, but then price comes into it. The best compromise might be giga quad if only they can sort out all the driver issues

Most of the driver issues have been sorted with regard to the Quad such as recording two encrypted channels at the same time etc.

Seriously though GB have a very good track record of providing top notch driver support, which is more than can be said about Vu, who still have outstanding reported bugs going back 2 and more years on the duo alone.

I have no doubt the solo2 and duo2 will like their younger brothers be excellent boxes, but dont be fooled into thinking they can walk on water as no Vu released to date has been free from some form of issue either before or after launch.

digicon
25th November, 2012, 03:25 PM
Most of the driver issues have been sorted with regard to the Quad such as recording two encrypted channels at the same time etc.

Seriously though GB have a very good track record of providing top notch driver support, which is more than can be said about Vu, who still have outstanding reported bugs going back 2 and more years on the duo alone.

I have no doubt the solo2 and duo2 will like their younger brothers be excellent boxes, but dont be fooled into thinking they can walk on water as no Vu released to date has been free from some form of issue either before or after launch.

Personally i dont think there has ever been a satellite receiver either in E1 or E2 guise that has been free from Bugs, Its the support at the end of the day from the manufacturers that counts

RuberDuck
25th November, 2012, 05:04 PM
Personally i dont think there has ever been a satellite receiver either in E1 or E2 guise that has been free from Bugs, Its the support at the end of the day from the manufacturers that counts

for once i agree with you 100%.

konatist
25th November, 2012, 05:10 PM
So is anyone going to take the plunge and pre order a solo 2? I was looking to upgrade my box got a 400 pound budget and now
A massive headache ultimo, solo2, GiGaBlue HD quad or do I wait for the duo2 my heads done in.

digicon
26th November, 2012, 02:36 AM
So is anyone going to take the plunge and pre order a solo 2? I was looking to upgrade my box got a 400 pound budget and now
A massive headache ultimo, solo2, GiGaBlue HD quad or do I wait for the duo2 my heads done in.

Hang Fire and wait for the Duo2 it should be an Azzkicker:party :

bokkie
26th November, 2012, 07:48 AM
Just checked the vu+ facebook fanpage and this was their response to someone asking about transcoding

"Sorry for the late response. Transcoding feature is to be supported in the future with appropriate resolution for streaming to mobile devices. Thank you very much for your understanding. "

Hmmm, in the future? Does that mean it won't be capable of doing this on release, but with a future update?

zakdk
27th November, 2012, 09:30 AM
.........what is transcoding to mobile devices ?

septicsmurf
27th November, 2012, 09:54 AM
Streaming at a lower bitrate to mobiles, tablets, etc. At the moment you need a very fast upload speed to do this, but by transcoding on the fly you should be able to tweak it to suit Your upload. Obviously quality will drop, but on such a small screen it would hardly be noticeable.
Think I've got that right.

digital dan
29th November, 2012, 10:23 PM
If I was to order a vu+ solo2 would I be able to get it up and running straight away? As I imagine there wouldn't be much support or anything for it that quickly? I don't want to go and buy the best box and end up not even being able to show off to my mates straight away lol

This would be my first receiver after moving from sky

digicon
29th November, 2012, 10:25 PM
If I was to order a vu+ solo2 would I be able to get it up and running straight away? As I imagine there wouldn't be much support or anything for it that quickly? I don't want to go and buy the best box and end up not even being able to show off to my mates straight away lol

I cannot comment for any other image team but i do know that Blackhole who create exclusively for VU+ have had the Solo2 for the last couple of months testing it out with there image so i would imagine a day before official release at the very least there will be a Blackhole image for it.

redondo5
30th November, 2012, 02:17 AM

Personally i wouldnt recommend jumping straight from sky to a brand new linux receiver.

No doubt they are the best and are simple to use when working. The only problem here is the receiver is new and might be a bit buggy and have some teething problem like GB quad. You dont want to start with bad experiances even if the receiver WILL EVENTUALLY BE THE BEST AROUND .

danivtec
30th November, 2012, 11:02 AM
Pre-ordered a solo 2 as i need a smaller box for the bedroom.

Supposed to be landing mid December.

Looking forward to getting it.

digicon
30th November, 2012, 11:04 AM

Dont forget to give us the rundown once you get it and its all setup :-)

danivtec
30th November, 2012, 11:23 AM
Will do.

My fave image is Vix so hopefully they will have an image ready for release or not too long after.

This is a replacing a Gigablue 800 UE so is a big step up in chipset power.

septicsmurf
30th November, 2012, 12:04 PM

So you're our guinea pig. Lol.
Please do me a favour and check out the transcoding to mobile devices.
I'm away over Christmas so will be looking to buy the solo2 in the fist week of january. I only want one if this feature works, otherwise ill wait for the duo2.
Thanks

danivtec
30th November, 2012, 12:06 PM
So you're our guinea pig. Lol.
Please do me a favour and check out the transcoding to mobile devices.
I'm away over Christmas so will be looking to buy the solo2 in the fist week of january. I only want one if this feature works, otherwise ill wait for the duo2.
Thanks

Vu+ are saying transcoding won't be avilable at launch but will be added with a driver update.

septicsmurf
30th November, 2012, 12:35 PM
Vu+ are saying transcoding won't be avilable at launch but will be added with a driver update.

Bugger. Where did you read that mate? Any info on how long it would be for the driver update?
Is it one of these things you'll still be waiting for a year Down the line, because vu+ don't seem to have a very good grasp on the concept of time.

danivtec
30th November, 2012, 12:44 PM
It was on their official Facebook page.

I would imagine the same will be for the Duo 2 aswell as that is still in its final stages and probably won't hit market until at least Feb/March the way they are talking.

digital dan
30th November, 2012, 10:12 PM
Personally i wouldnt recommend jumping straight from sky to a brand new linux receiver.

No doubt they are the best and are simple to use when working. The only problem here is the receiver is new and might be a bit buggy and have some teething problem like GB quad. You dont want to start with bad experiances even if the receiver WILL EVENTUALLY BE THE BEST AROUND .

This is exactly what I was thinking. Obviously being new to all this ill come across my fair share of problems but the box being so new obviously support might not be so great for me for a while.

Eventually ill end up having 2 boxes anyway so I may well get an established box now that I can just throw in the kitchen once I upgrade purely for sports

Any recommendations? I was considering a skybox f3 or maybe the current solo, UNO? Thnks

mdt
30th November, 2012, 11:32 PM
if your after a similar/cheaper established box then you really want a E2 linux box to get used to how they work ect.. maybe a vu+solo clone for ?100 oe a dm800se for ?130 as these boxs all run the same and would be fine stuck on a fixed dish for 28.2e. if your anti clone a vu+uno or a gigablue/amiko alien/xp1000. really depends on how much you want to spend and if you already know your way around linux the get a skybox F3 for ?50 untill you are ready to get the solo2,regards mdt

potrobber
2nd December, 2012, 10:16 AM
Here is first solo2 i have seen a price for and in stock,,,, EDIT,,,, they are making it look like its in stock but its not

Receptor Sat?lite Linux HD Vu+ Solo? Twin DVB-S2 (http://www.ielektroniks.com/tv-digital/receptores-linux-alta-definicion/vu-solo-twin-dvb-s2-full-hd.html)

sakiblateef
2nd December, 2012, 04:29 PM
I was considering buying one of these as a replacement for my Vu Duo but after reading that it only supports a 2.5 internal hard drive, I've decided to give it a miss.

digicon
2nd December, 2012, 09:33 PM
Here is first solo2 ii have seen price for and in stock

Receptor Sat?lite Linux HD Vu+ Solo? Twin DVB-S2 (http://www.ielektroniks.com/tv-digital/receptores-linux-alta-definicion/vu-solo-twin-dvb-s2-full-hd.html)

No stock Pot says 'available mid december place your order now' same as everywhere else

potrobber
3rd December, 2012, 12:18 AM
hi digi
where are you seeing the no stock i went near thru the payment part and can not see it saying that anywhere

digicon
3rd December, 2012, 02:23 AM
hi digi
where are you seeing the no stock i went near thru the payment part and can not see it saying that anywhere

After Translation from Google and in small writing it says in stock then contradicts itself.

potrobber
3rd December, 2012, 08:59 AM
Ahh teach me not to use there language tab button at top right of screen.

That's the only bit on the screen it does not change funny that making it look like its in stock.

Thanks for pointing it out.

danivtec
6th December, 2012, 05:14 PM
The supplier I have ordered from say they are getting the boxes in for the end of this week. Fingers crossed should have it next week.

konatist
6th December, 2012, 07:14 PM
The supplier I have ordered from say they are getting the boxes in for the end of this week. Fingers crossed should have it next week.

Just out of interest what supplier did u use

danivtec
7th December, 2012, 10:04 AM
It is Red Apple Digital. I spoke to another supplier who says end of next week however their pre order only started on Wednesday so they could be in the second batch.

dell_xps
7th December, 2012, 10:35 AM
M8 has just ordered one, so I'll get the chance to set it up etc,
he was told there would be no images ready when it launches ?
Just read digi's post, BH should suffice until Vix release an image :-)

danivtec
7th December, 2012, 10:52 AM
Vix have started adding solo 2 support files to their image builds so fingers crossed.

digicon
7th December, 2012, 12:12 PM
Apparently Blackhole will have version 1.7.9 released at the weekend for the Solo2

benny/9
7th December, 2012, 06:16 PM
the BH 179 is on the community for all vu boxes now

digicon
7th December, 2012, 06:43 PM
the BH 179 is on the community for all vu boxes now

Well it is Friday Benny LOL nice present for the weekend, installing it as we speak

benny/9
7th December, 2012, 07:24 PM
Well it is Friday Benny LOL nice present for the weekend, installing it as we speak
thats what happens when you dont work everyday's the same mate.lol
are these updates any better than the 172 iv'e never changed my image
it's that good,

mdt
7th December, 2012, 07:52 PM
theres a new feature called speed up where you can disable certain plug-ins that you dont use to free up memory. regards mdt

digicon
7th December, 2012, 08:15 PM
thats what happens when you dont work everyday's the same mate.lol
are these updates any better than the 172 iv'e never changed my image
it's that good,

Get it on the Uno Benny and give the hbbtv a whirl on some of the channels on 19.2? east, its like having a German iplayer on your box :-)

konatist
7th December, 2012, 08:38 PM
Asked ian from red apple today when they were due in n got this reply.

The main German supplier/distributor is expecting stock next Friday he is sure he is getting them then and all back orders will be dispatched from Germany to save time

Regards
Ian
Red Apple Digital

dell_xps
7th December, 2012, 10:55 PM
Is the Solo 2 image there Digi / Benny ?

digicon
7th December, 2012, 11:03 PM
Is the Solo 2 image there Digi / Benny ?

Not yet dell as far as i read from the mods that 1.7.9 would be the debut blackhole image for the Solo2, i supppose they have to wait until stock hits the shops before releasing the image

dell_xps
7th December, 2012, 11:08 PM
Ok cheers m8 !

danivtec
12th December, 2012, 05:25 PM
Some suppliers are starting to ship units out today.

benny/9
12th December, 2012, 05:35 PM
the image for the new vu+solo2 is on the community now
to down load in the announcements section plus it's own section
in the Italian section

Black Hole 1.7.9
This is the first image for Solo2.
This image is Multiboot and MultiDimensional

gambino
13th December, 2012, 01:56 AM
wheres the best place to buy?

digicon
13th December, 2012, 02:29 AM

There are plenty of online suppliers which supposedly have these in stock just do a quick google search

mtv1
13th December, 2012, 02:49 AM

get referrals buy local in-case of returns ;)

danivtec
15th December, 2012, 10:28 PM
Mines being shipped out on Monday. Should have it a few days later.

dell_xps
15th December, 2012, 10:44 PM
Where did you buy it from m8 ?

danivtec
16th December, 2012, 12:36 AM
Red apple digital mate

danivtec
16th December, 2012, 07:41 PM
They are quoting 2 - 4 working days for delivery on their website. Hopefully get some tracking information tomorrow.

Hoping for a ViX image release now

RuberDuck
17th December, 2012, 06:36 PM
Hoping for a ViX image release now

There are currently no plans to release a ViX image for this Receiver.

danivtec
17th December, 2012, 06:41 PM
I read that on the ViX forums. Looks like they have some issues with vu+ at the moment. Going to try blackhole instead.

digicon
17th December, 2012, 06:55 PM
I read that on the ViX forums. Looks like they have some issues with vu+ at the moment. Going to try blackhole instead.

Good Choice:proud:

mdt
17th December, 2012, 07:43 PM

be waiting for open pli to do the hard work so they can then tweak it,add there own epg ect ect and call it vix, vu+ have let them down according to the vix messiah...highley overated image imho but credit were credit is due they have helped tm out of a fix with the twin,regards mdt

bokkie
17th December, 2012, 08:07 PM
What's the spat between vix and vu+ about then? I hope they sort it out because I love the Vix image.

danivtec
17th December, 2012, 08:30 PM
just so you know the issues are not with the box, i have vix running on solo2, but Vu+ keep breaking their promises in regarding support. (i even told them i did not want a solo2 to test on, but they sent one anyway, in the hopes i would just bow down and release an image.). so unless they start acting like a proper company, i will not be adding new machines.

Quote from ViX coder.

digicon
17th December, 2012, 08:37 PM
No Big Loss then

bokkie
17th December, 2012, 11:05 PM
just so you know the issues are not with the box, i have vix running on solo2, but Vu+ keep breaking their promises in regarding support. (i even told them i did not want a solo2 to test on, but they sent one anyway, in the hopes i would just bow down and release an image.). so unless they start acting like a proper company, i will not be adding new machines.

Quote from ViX coder.
Cheers for that. where is the thread if you don't mind me asking. Just so I can keep up to date and read up on it.
Thanks again.

Found it thanks.

dave-h
18th December, 2012, 02:55 AM
So what other teams, apart from Bloat Hole and VTI are going to support the Solo2?

septicsmurf
18th December, 2012, 09:36 AM
Where are you guys reading this about vu+ and vix. I've searched all over and can only see one reference to it on wos in the solo2 talk forum?
Anyone able to tell me where the discussion is regarding the spat?

redondo5
18th December, 2012, 10:24 AM
i would like the vix image on the solo2, i find the others like black hole come fully loaded and i know they now have an option to switch off some plugins at startuwhat i like about vix is the skin and epg and it is quite minimalistic relatively speaking.

blackhole it shall be then. anyone recommend a skin which is similar to vix night skin?

dell_xps
18th December, 2012, 02:10 PM
Ok guys lets not get into a slagging match, both are great images, Vix and BH, never thought I would say that, but I've started to use BH image, and it's just as good as the Vix images, ok takes a few days to get used to how menu's / buttons etc work, but after that it's a doddle.
As for the same EPG as Vix install the cool man epg, button changer plugin, enable red button for cool man epg and it's basically same as the Vix image, only difference is you cannot just press the record button on a prog for it to record, you have press the green button to set the timer, also there is a few other options using the BH timer, so in all, it's as good :-)
Only problem Im having is setting up my Ultimo to see my Imac, but I'll get there.
Anyway back on track, my m8 has ordered a solo2 and I shall be installing BH onto for him, if Vix release an image ( I hope they do), I shall install that for him, just because it's easier for a beginner/novice to use than BH.

danivtec
18th December, 2012, 10:50 PM
Transcoding function is now available in new BH image

redondo5
19th December, 2012, 06:09 AM

That sounds like a big step towards more people choosing black hole - as long as it all works.

I know i would choose BH with that functionality over any image without

bokkie
19th December, 2012, 07:44 AM
The problem is you don't have much choice of images with the solo2. I think it is only blackhole and the original image that support it so far. Or are there others?

danivtec
19th December, 2012, 08:04 AM
Vti have one aswell.

May see an openpli image aswell.

danivtec
19th December, 2012, 02:02 PM
Just got my tracking number, it is being delivered tomorrow :)

dell_xps
19th December, 2012, 05:00 PM
Good good m8, we expect a thousand pictures...lol, oh and a 10 page review...lol

RuberDuck
19th December, 2012, 10:11 PM

openvix: build 527
openvix: build 526
[enigma2-oe-alliance-plugins] fix TransCodingSetup depends.
openvix: build 525
[enigma2-oe-alliance-plugins] change to PACKAGE_ARCH = "${MACHINE_ARCH}" as plugin's are build each machine type depending.
[netatalk] add version 3.0.1 (needs testing).
[enigma2-oe-alliance-plugins] add TransCodingSetup.
[3rd-party-plugins] stop warning messages about being empty.
[sstate-cache] update channel setting's for cache support.

danivtec
19th December, 2012, 10:34 PM
openvix: build 527
openvix: build 526
[enigma2-oe-alliance-plugins] fix TransCodingSetup depends.
openvix: build 525
[enigma2-oe-alliance-plugins] change to PACKAGE_ARCH = "${MACHINE_ARCH}" as plugin's are build each machine type depending.
[netatalk] add version 3.0.1 (needs testing).
[enigma2-oe-alliance-plugins] add TransCodingSetup.
[3rd-party-plugins] stop warning messages about being empty.
[sstate-cache] update channel setting's for cache support.

Wonder if that's aimed at the quad?

OldSkulRide
19th December, 2012, 11:21 PM
VU+ is know for their crappy support and i doubt anything will change for the better anytime soon. OpenPLi wont start releasing images for Solo2 because they are always waiting for patches from VU+ programmers. No patches means no images and this can take very long time. VU+ just aint like Xtrend which are using OpenPLi images as their "original" image and their developers are regularly providing patches for OpenPLi. That is why support is always fast (ET4000 and XP1000 are two good examples).

Solo2 is currently supported by BH and VTi and thats just not enough. Some of us are used to advanced options that are only found with pli and oe-alliance images.

septicsmurf
20th December, 2012, 11:10 AM
Just got my tracking number, it is being delivered tomorrow :)
So have you got it yet? I'm sure it'll be a cracker.
My only reservation is the lack of image support.

redondo5
20th December, 2012, 11:20 AM

i can't see the other teams holding off for long. I reckon they will release their images soon enough. it's just a case of whether they can get some concessions from vu+ regarding support.

another thing to note, those vu+ twin tuner modules are now available and are retailing at ?60, so uno and ultimo users can upgrade tuners. Duo2 too when it is eventually released.

danivtec
20th December, 2012, 11:36 AM

Its out for delivery so expecting it shortly.

Vu+ are going to have to get their act together as ViX is a popular image so they will be alienating a good section of their potential customer base.

With the likes of Gigablue who are the new kid on the block and have ViX support they may loose their footholding.

They seem to be releasing drivers quickly for the solo 2 so maybe this is a sign they are listening.

septicsmurf
20th December, 2012, 12:22 PM
Its out for delivery so expecting it shortly.

Vu+ are going to have to get their act together as ViX is a popular image so they will be alienating a good section of their potential customer base.

With the likes of Gigablue who are the new kid on the block and have ViX support they may loose their footholding.

They seem to be releasing drivers quickly for the solo 2 so maybe this is a sign they are listening.

Well I'm a vix user so I'm now having second thoughts. I was going to get a solo2 first week of January, but not so sure now..
The thing that is keeping me interested though is the transcoding. This is a game changer.

danivtec
20th December, 2012, 12:44 PM
I am a ViX user aswell so going to have to get used to Blackhole for the time being. Hopefully, in the Christmas spirit Vu + and ViX can resolve their issues for the New Year. I need a compact box as its going in my room and theres not alot of room on the stand as the tv takes alot of space up. the quad is too big so the solo 2 is ideal.

konatist
20th December, 2012, 12:50 PM
Just ordered mine from RAD and they confirmed ill get mine tomorrow, just wish I had pre ordered mine like some on here did. Never mind there is always the duo2

danivtec
20th December, 2012, 01:06 PM
Germany seems to have gotton them first, all suppliers in the UK seem to be a week behind.

RuberDuck
20th December, 2012, 01:31 PM
I need a compact box as its going in my room and theres not alot of room on the stand as the tv takes alot of space up. the quad is too big so the solo 2 is ideal.

i'm not sure of the exact size of each ( only had a fleeting look while in andy's test lab the other week ), but the gigablue is a tiny receiver and not much bigger if at all than the solo2.

danivtec
20th December, 2012, 01:39 PM
The quad is that bit too much bigger for me unfortunately. I can only just squueze on a 800 UE which is the same size as a solo 2.

danivtec
20th December, 2012, 01:40 PM
New drivers out yesterday for solo 2 and ViX head coder repsonse was

yet more, hacks to fix bad drivers, sorry this is final straw, nothing for vu from me, until they get there ****ing act together

Looks like they really are falling out now.

RuberDuck
20th December, 2012, 01:43 PM
The quad is that bit too much bigger for me unfortunately. I can only just squueze on a 800 UE which is the same size as a solo 2.

Thanks for the conformation on that.

danivtec
20th December, 2012, 03:42 PM
Thanks for the conformation on that.

Quad is 340mm x 243mm x 66mm

Solo 2 is 280mm x 200mm x 50mm

Not a massive difference but enough to cause me an issue.

danivtec
20th December, 2012, 04:36 PM
Its just arrived. Going to have a look when I get home.

ViX have built an image for the solo 2 as stated and they have even added the transcoding setup function to their feeds, however politics is getting in the way of a release.

konatist
21st December, 2012, 11:08 AM
Mine just arrived to happy days

danivtec
21st December, 2012, 11:21 AM
Mine just arrived to happy days

What image you going with?

Installed VTi on mine but Mrs came around last night so haven't fully set it up.

The box is quick. Very smooth changing channels.

septicsmurf
21st December, 2012, 12:02 PM
So where's the 10 page review then? Come on, the suspense is killing us.lol

danivtec
21st December, 2012, 12:32 PM
So where's the 10 page review then? Come on, the suspense is killing us.lol

Hehe

Don't think I could manage 10 pages lol

I haven't fully set it up yet, still got a few bits to install including a VTi update for the transcoding function. I have Crossepg installed, quickmultibutton and cooltv but need to configure these.

From what i have seen so far, its looks an excellent box. Flashing the image was very quick, it boots up quickly and changes channel lightening fast. I was using a Gigablue 800 UE and the solo 2 blows it away in speed. It feels very nicely built and the VFD on the front is readable from a good distance. Its the same size as my Gigablue 800 UE but can also house a 2.5" HDD.

I am going to look at it more tonight as I have some free some time and report back. I am used to using ViX so its going to take a bit of time getting used to another image.

konatist
21st December, 2012, 01:12 PM
What image you going with?

Installed VTi on mine but Mrs came around last night so haven't fully set it up.

The box is quick. Very smooth changing channels.

Just got bk in the house with it, was going to give blackhole a blast,

danivtec
21st December, 2012, 09:00 PM
Got it setup. Starting to get use to VTi but still prefer vix.

Had a go with mobile streaming, options are very limited, not sure how it works on my iPhone so any pointers would be appreciated.

danivtec
21st December, 2012, 09:49 PM
Ok sorted the transcoding. It's still in beta but needs alot of work. Needs choice of resolution and bitrate as a minimum. I am sure they can get 720p out of it if the duo 2 is down for 1080p transcoding.

redondo5
21st December, 2012, 10:21 PM
whats the remote sensor like? is it similar to the duo?

danivtec
21st December, 2012, 10:58 PM
Sensor seems very good. Have an ultimo and it's better with supplied remote.

konatist
22nd December, 2012, 07:41 AM
Well got mine nearly set up with the latest blackhole, mainly thanks to a few people off here you know who you are, still needs tweaked a bit like epg and that and when im happy and i know the settings i like ill reflash use all the great tips ive learned and (cough cough) been told by helpfull people from here.
Have to say this is my first linux sat box had a blade 7000, ok its not a 5 min plugin and away ya go but its a awesome box the build feel and look of it from the minute ya take it out the box n fit ya hardrive to the second ya put it on is top notch. Easy to flash with usb stick and ftp into it was simple ( folders just like my old dbox)
Remote is good but btbh ill be using me universal job ill have to dig me instructions out for that one to in all great box thanks for all ya help lads again a credit to this forum

RuberDuck
22nd December, 2012, 04:20 PM
For those who believe were waiting for Pli to create a image first before we release one, here are a few pics.

dell_xps
22nd December, 2012, 04:24 PM
Tidy, RD you record some $hite m8....lol

LOL love the folder....My $hit...lmao

bokkie
22nd December, 2012, 07:21 PM
Don't tease us with what we can't have RD.
Reckon I could become part of the vix team to get my hands on it for the solo2. Lol
Just for a day?:laugh:

RuberDuck
22nd December, 2012, 07:58 PM
Don't tease us with what we can't have RD.
Reckon I could become part of the vix team to get my hands on it for the solo2. Lol
Just for a day?:laugh:

sorry pal thats not my intention, but there are a few small minded morons who post here and elsewhere claiming to know whats going on when there clueless. this post was just meant to shut them up because for some odd reason people actually believe these fools know what there talking about.

dell_xps
22nd December, 2012, 09:01 PM
Just got my mits on one, setting it up, all I can say is wow, pics and tuts to follow :-)

dell_xps
22nd December, 2012, 09:06 PM
Quick look to see how the solo 2 and ultimo look along side each other :-)

digicon
22nd December, 2012, 09:39 PM
sorry pal thats not my intention, but there are a few small minded morons who post here and elsewhere claiming to know whats going on when there clueless. this post was just meant to shut them up because for some odd reason people actually believe these fools know what there talking about.

" So here i go again on my own, Going down the only road I've ever known, like a drifter I was born to walk alone "

Broken Record

dell_xps
22nd December, 2012, 09:43 PM
Whitesnake , classic !!

satsmo
22nd December, 2012, 09:47 PM
One infraction issued already to one member on this thread and if this thread heads down the usual fanboy flame route it will be closed.

Please keep it on topic and allow it to be used as it should, at least members can make up their minds based on user reviews and recommendations rather than their ramblings.

septicsmurf
23rd December, 2012, 12:11 AM
I respect and love the work done by Vix. hope you can sort it out with vu+ as I really want a solo2, but am having second thoughts if I can't have vix on there.
It's all about choice at the end of the day.

dell_xps
23rd December, 2012, 12:15 AM
BH is just as good an image m8, been using it for over a week now, impressive, Vix images are also top notch though, but dont let that put you off, this box rocks !!

mdt
23rd December, 2012, 03:53 PM
youve been warned on a few different forums for spouting s**** and people are fed up with it. you dont help people with their sat related issues unless its to do with vix,wos and plug them any chance you get. imo you a beta tester who has delusions of grandure and thinks he,s part of the coding team, stuck record. regards mdt

p.s. @satsmo i know ill get a infraction but the guy makes my blood boil with his s****

dell_xps
23rd December, 2012, 05:49 PM
Guys it xmas, kiss and make up, best close this thread me thinks :-(

digicon
23rd December, 2012, 06:20 PM
Guys it xmas, kiss and make up, best close this thread me thinks :-(

Never mind that how are you getting on with the Solo2 mainly interested in Tuner sensitivity compared to your Ultimo, any chance of a quick lowdown on signal differences between the 2

dell_xps
23rd December, 2012, 07:54 PM
Solo 2 is not mine m8, just set it up 4 a m8, installing BH took about minute,
boots up in no time, lot faster than the Ultimo.
Only bad point I can find is the front VFD display,
nothing like the Ultimo, doesn't even display the channel it's on, apart from that it's a winner, 9/10 m8, only have a fixed sat m8, so can't comment on tuners Digi :-(

dell_xps
23rd December, 2012, 07:57 PM
Oh and the remote works better than the Ultimos.

digicon
23rd December, 2012, 07:59 PM
Solo 2 is not mine m8, just set it up 4 a m8, installing BH took about minute,
boots up in no time, lot faster than the Ultimo.
Only bad point I can find is the front VFD display,
nothing like the Ultimo, doesn't even display the channel it's on, apart from that it's a winner, 9/10 m8, only have a fixed sat m8, so can't comment on tuners Digi :-(

Cheers Dell no problem mate i know the display is a weak point as it is the same as the Uno 12 character VFD but from the marketing Gumpf then make it look longer, Again the Ultimo being the flagship has to retain something after all, Ok with the Tuners just wondered if you saw a slight increase even on astra on some of the weaker Eutelsat 28a TP's

Regards

dell_xps
23rd December, 2012, 08:05 PM
I'm going back tomorrow to m8's house, tell me what channel you want me to check 4 ya :-)

digicon
23rd December, 2012, 08:25 PM
I'm going back tomorrow to m8's house, tell me what channel you want me to check 4 ya :-)

CBS action is pretty weak normally around 9.7db on a Zone 1 dish so around 60% maybe somewhere around there anyway.

Cheers

dell_xps
23rd December, 2012, 08:28 PM
No probs.
:-)

danivtec
24th December, 2012, 08:42 AM
Anyone know how to get AirPlay working? It's advertised as a feature by vu+?

dell_xps
24th December, 2012, 09:02 PM
Digi the tuner was 58% on that channel with the solo 2, exact same as I get
With the Ultimo.
HTH

digicon
24th December, 2012, 10:00 PM
Digi the tuner was 58% on that channel with the solo 2, exact same as I get
With the Ultimo.
HTH

Thanks for that dell, I have just picked up my Solo2 today but been out and had a few too many so will be giving a thorough test over the next few days.

Thanks again for the SNR readings

dell_xps
25th December, 2012, 12:21 AM
No probs !!

digicon
26th December, 2012, 04:24 AM
Well i got mine Xmas eve and have literally only had a chance to set it up late evening early hours. First thoughts and this is after owning an Ultimo and an Uno personally i wish i had just spent the ?59 on a dual tuner card for my Uno as this will be mainly used for satellite viewing only and nothing else.

After opening the box and unwrapping the Solo2 it immediately felt like a slightly larger Clone DM800se, Infact i think this is probably why VU have taken the PSU out to make it smaller and cut costs down a good thing really because if your PSU blows they are about a tenner of a certain auction site.

Next step i took the lid off to fit my HDD nice and easy 3 screws on the back and 1 on either side, again could be me but the chassis feels a little flimsy and when fitting the HDD if your not careful you can pull out the ON/OFF rocker switch, if you have small hands you will be fine. No idea why they decided to take off the Esata connector which is on the Ultimo and Uno because if you wanted to connect an external drive Esata is still the fastest compared to USB.

Ok so now its time for boot up and flash Blackhole now this is where the speed comes in half expecting the usual 4-5 minutes that my Uno takes for a 75mb image as the Solo2's are 103mb well it took just over 30 seconds flashed and was literally on the startup screen i did'nt even have time to make a drink LOL.

So i now go through all the setup and get it as i like it and now its time to test the Tuners Not a Big disappointment but nothing to shout about either in other words same as my Uno apart from a couple of TP's on 7? west which reported around a 10% loss compared to the Uno. Like i say this was a quick test and a more extensive one will be required.

This thing is Quick and i mean quick you can just keep skipping channels permanently on this without fear of seeing the E2 spinner which is what usually occurs on my Uno if i try to skip through too many channels at once, Not a problem for the Solo2 it just laps it up with ease.

OK then verdict so far without doing an extensive test for me personally i could have saved ?240 and just gone for the Dual tuner card, but in its favour with an average boot time of around 25 seconds and its speed for Zapping this feels like a Closed source box and not a slow clunky E2 Linux machine. But on the other hand if your just a casual satellite viewer and you already have an Uno or Ultimo then it may be wise to skip this generation and wait for the next instalment in the Vu series

More to come when i get the time to properly test most things, and i have to add this is still in beta phase with images and features working so i would imagine over the next few months it should become better.

Regards

From an Unbiased reviewer

dell_xps
26th December, 2012, 07:08 AM
Good review m8, and spot on !!

digicon
26th December, 2012, 03:46 PM
Good review m8, and spot on !!

Cheers Dell, Like i said i need to do some more testing with the Solo2 but for me personally that will not use the Media centre side of it and just be mainly used as a satellite receiver its not quite as ground breaking as one other review i have seen which seems to make out like its the new messiah LOL

I will probably only get a real chance to play with this after the holiday period so should have a better idea of how it performs then.

danivtec
26th December, 2012, 05:24 PM
ViX beta image has now been released for the solo 2.

mdt
26th December, 2012, 11:45 PM
Cheers Dell, Like i said i need to do some more testing with the Solo2 but for me personally that will not use the Media centre side of it and just be mainly used as a satellite receiver its not quite as ground breaking as one other review i have seen which seems to make out like its the new messiah LOL

I will probably only get a real chance to play with this after the holiday period so should have a better idea of how it performs then.

get the VIX beta on it m8 you know you want to!! regards mdt

stanman
27th December, 2012, 12:15 AM
get the VIX beta on it m8 you know you want to!! regards mdt

Why don't you wait for PLI to release one with all the bugs fixed and try that?

mdt
27th December, 2012, 03:20 PM
Why don't you wait for PLI to release one with all the bugs fixed and try that?

its a joke between me and @digicon very funny vix fanboy,regards mdt

blueflash234
28th December, 2012, 04:57 PM
how would the solo2 compare to the gigablue quad ?everyone seems to be raving about the new solo but it would be nice to see a comparison between similar receivers or has it got to have a vu badge on it?

digicon
28th December, 2012, 05:58 PM
how would the solo2 compare to the gigablue quad ?everyone seems to be raving about the new solo but it would be nice to see a comparison between similar receivers or has it got to have a vu badge on it?

Probably might have to wait until they fix a few driver issues with the gigablue Quad according to what i read elsewhere no gigabit lan as yet picture quality not up to scratch and no transcoding features and a couple of others.

I would expect though that the speed of the 2 are identical due to both using identical hardware, personally i dont fancy shelling out another ?339 for a Quad when i am not that overly impressed with the Solo2

redondo5
28th December, 2012, 06:28 PM
Just when i'm getting used to blackhole... vix release their image....

might wait a little and let others test it..... my only gripe about blackhole now is the skins. i really like the vix night skin

blueflash234
28th December, 2012, 10:48 PM
did not realize the gigablue was having so many problem, must say i am very pleased with my uno dont know if it would be worth updating it to a twin, i read the glowing report of the new solo do you think the person worked for vu????

dell_xps
28th December, 2012, 11:11 PM
If the Vu Solo 2 had the VFD display from the Ultimo, was maybe a wee bit cheaper than ?300, it would be a winner, why Vu did not use the same VFD display is complete madness I would say, but then again if you have never owned an Ultimo I guess you would never know :-)
It is a great wee box, but you'll have to ask Digi about tuners etc, the biggest difference I noticed was the speed of this box, just beats my Ultimo, Vu+ Duo hands down, but I'd rather keep my Ultimo thank you very much :-)

redondo5
30th December, 2012, 12:25 AM
If the Vu Solo 2 had the VFD display from the Ultimo, was maybe a wee bit cheaper than ?300, it would be a winner, why Vu did not use the same VFD display is complete madness I would say, but then again if you have never owned an Ultimo I guess you would never know :-)
It is a great wee box, but you'll have to ask Digi about tuners etc, the biggest difference I noticed was the speed of this box, just beats my Ultimo, Vu+ Duo hands down, but I'd rather keep my Ultimo thank you very much :-)

i think they had to tone down the solo2, to keep the rest of the line in check. bump the solo2 up too much and what would be the use of the ultimo and duo2 - apart from additional tuners.

as things stand, it could still be argued for those who only want two tuners and not bothered about more, that ultimo might be worth the money over a solo2. Not that I would go with that.

digicon
30th December, 2012, 02:22 AM
i think they had to tone down the solo2, to keep the rest of the line in check. bump the solo2 up too much and what would be the use of the ultimo and duo2 - apart from additional tuners.

as things stand, it could still be argued for those who only want two tuners and not bothered about more, that ultimo might be worth the money over a solo2. Not that I would go with that.

Hit the nail on the head so to speak on paper at this very moment in time the Solo2 is out of the twin tuners the top of the bunch no doubt about it that is until the Duo2 arrives and takes the Crown.

Vu have probably thought long and hard about the Dual Tuners so as not to leave the relatively new kids on the block the Uno and Ultimo left out in the cold, I mean it took them 2 years to replace the Single Tuner solo with the Uno and the Twin tuner Duo with the Ultimo then all of a sudden decide that a 12 month cycle should come back into play and really upset the Uno and Ultimo Owners. And so leads to early speculation of the Dual Tuner card to appease these owners meanwhile updating the relatively older models the Solo and Duo, Great Marketing on Vu's side.

So do we expect another announcement at the 2013 Anga Cable show of Vu's soon to be 2014 models and finally see the Uno and Ultimo take a final Bow before being relegated to the great satellite receiver graveyard in the sky, Or do they wait as they did with the Solo and Duo for 2015 to replace with the Uno2 and Ultimo2.

danivtec
30th December, 2012, 05:12 PM
Anyone know if the airplay feature advertised on the solo 2 is there or is it a case of installing the airplayer for enigma 2 plugin?

dell_xps
30th December, 2012, 11:56 PM
You install it via plugin m8, fire up yer iPhone etc movies or photos, select enigma 2 at the bottom, it's now on yer tv screen :-)

hambone
31st December, 2012, 09:44 AM
hi all
i am awaiting delivery of new solo2 and have a quick question regarding hdd.
i have a wd my passport 500gb usb hdd and would like to know if this will function as well in terms of speed and response as an internal sata hdd?
if anyone knows that an internal hdd works more smoothly or is less prone to having problems then i will probably purchase one
thanks
ham

dell_xps
31st December, 2012, 10:04 AM
Does it have it's own power supply ?, if not I'd fit an internal HDD or get an external that does have its own power supply.
HTH

hambone
31st December, 2012, 10:18 AM
no dell its powered from the usb i thought i had seen somewhere that preference was to have external hdd powered separately as you said.
i will prob go for a 1tb internal 2.5"sata is there any make preferable or will cheap & cheerful work just as well?
thanks

digicon
31st December, 2012, 11:33 AM
In that size od 2.5" hard drive there really isn't much in the range of cheap and cheerful is there, prices seem to start at around ?60 and upwards

hambone
31st December, 2012, 12:03 PM
In that size od 2.5" hard drive there really isn't much in the range of cheap and cheerful is there, prices seem to start at around ?60 and upwards
yes i can see the prices are around ?60 upwards for that size
i suppose i really should have asked about preferences regarding
brand names, spin speed,mb cache, sata/sata2 etc
sorry i may have been misleading
ham

digicon
31st December, 2012, 12:17 PM
yes i can see the prices are around ?60 upwards for that size
i suppose i really should have asked about preferences regarding
brand names, spin speed,mb cache, sata/sata2 etc
sorry i may have been misleading
ham

I dont think it really matters i cant see them using SATA III in this anyway all are backwards compatible, i suppose its down to performance and read and write speed.

blueflash234
31st December, 2012, 12:36 PM
have had good reliability with the wd 500gb

hambone
31st December, 2012, 01:23 PM
ok thanks for the replies guys
i can get this for about ?65 delivered as opposed to around ?50 delivered for 500gb
Seagate 1TB SATA II 2.5", Momentus. Hard drive capacity: 1000 GB, Hard drive size: 63.5 mm (2.5 "), Hard drive rotational speed: 5400 RPM. Power consumption (standby): 0.2 W, Power consumption (PowerSave): 0.2 W, Power consumption (read): 2.2 W. Weight: 107 g, Height: 9.5 mm, Width: 100.3 mm. Operating temperature range (T-T): 5 - 55 ?C, Storage temperature range (T-T): -40 - 70 ?C, Operating relative humidity range: 5 - 90 %
- ATA Security Mode Feature Set.
- SATA Native Command Queuing Feature.
- ATA S.M.A.R.T. Feature Set.
- TuMR/PMR head with FOD technology.
- SilentSeek?.
- Serial ATA 3.0Gbps Interface Support.
- NoiseGuard?.
- Load/Unload Head Technology

digicon
31st December, 2012, 02:13 PM
Nothing wrong with your choice there and a good price delivered.

konatist
31st December, 2012, 05:34 PM
Has anyone used vu+ player on there solo 2 yet? Or are there better players out there?

danivtec
5th January, 2013, 11:57 PM
Yes Vu+ player is good. There's also Dreambox Live

eozen81
22nd January, 2013, 10:07 AM
Hi guys,

May I ask If any Solo 2 users tried Transcoding feature and share his experiences?

danivtec
26th January, 2013, 09:08 AM
It's ok , but needs slot of work on it. You can't set bitrate or resolution yet.

samoloko
1st March, 2014, 08:31 PM
which Is most sensitive box from solo2, dou2 and gigablue quad