PDA

View Full Version : Carmanscan Lite update help needed

Tecu
23rd November, 2012, 02:52 PM
Hi guys,

I bought an old used Lite with 0982 (non english) software inside. It came with a Download tool ver 2.1 (from year 2007) on a CD. I tried to update english version 1271 main program with it, and it seemed to go ok, but when I pushed esc on the Lite to go to the main menu, it did, but the main menu text was all scrambled. However I could still make selection to go to the S/w download.

So next I tried to update the databases, but they don't go through, insted I get error message "H (or some other letter)" is not a valid integer, and the download software freezes.
I have the Lite on an AC power and I haven't dared to turn it off, since the main menu text was scrambled, and i fear the main program which was apparently transferred might be corrupted and the device will brick, if I turn it off. :beheaded:

So,
I read somewhere the error message was maybe due to an old download program. Could anyone of you kind persons help me to find a download of a newer version, which works?

Any other advice is very much welcome too, and appreciated, thank you. :)

Sorry for my English, I' m not a native speaker. I hope you can understand my confusing text.. :embarassed:

Tecu
23rd November, 2012, 07:14 PM
After many hours of googling around, I found a newer download program and another version of the update 1271. Not sure if the previous update was corrupt, or the dl program too old, but all is fine now, and the Lite's menu is again readable. :)

Now, if I only knew what is this 06. Encode setup: Invalid code -thing...:bawling: