PDA

View Full Version : dm 500 hd clone

mercedesboy
23rd November, 2012, 04:58 PM
hi im totally new on dreambox today a guy helped me flash the box the problem is that now its not working at all.
the box only show a green light and wont boot up is there any way to reset the box ? i cant see the ip of the box in my router anymore and it seems dead but has green light.

any help apreciated

215liverpool
27th November, 2012, 02:13 PM
Try this.....

I have a genuine dm500hd but I shouldn't see why this would be any different.

1)Turn off the box with the switch at the back of the receiver.

2)Turn on the receiver again whilst holding down the button on the front of the recevier while you do it. Keep holding down the button on the front for a good 20 seconds afterwards then let go. You should get a screen with green writing which looks like some sort of BIOS loading screen. If not don't worry sometimes my TV doesn't display the green BIOS screen.

3) Go to your computer and open up a web browser and type your dreambox ip address in the http bar. (e.g. 192.168.1.x)

4) If everything has worked correctly. You should get a dreambox screen that say something like the box has failed to boot. ( I think it has a picture of a microchip in the middle of the screen.) Within this screen it has an option to reflash the box. All you need to is download the image of your choice. (make sure it has .nfi extension.) and reflash your box using the reflash option.

Hope this works for you. Sorry for being a bit vague but im at work at the minute and I can't remember the exact options on the browser dreambox recovery screen.