PDA

View Full Version : plex player stops after 1 minute

NICETOBNICE
24th November, 2012, 10:07 AM
Hi gents my son has a android prestigio tablet with the plex app installed

On the desktop PC downstairs we have the plex server with all our films on it.
We can watch a film streaming over the net for only 1 minute before it freezes i have turned on the wireless so it dont go to sleep but not sure what else to do ?

gmb45
24th November, 2012, 10:14 AM
if you cant resolve your probs m8 try this ---> Serviio media server (http://www.serviio.org/) you will download the paid pro version which works for 15 days then reverts to the free version if you dont want to pay, free and pro are very similar its just the pro has a few other functions, i have tried all the other home media servers, serviio pisses all over the rest :)

tshirtman
24th November, 2012, 03:39 PM
completely agree with gmb
I also use serviio and never had a problem since installing it.

NICETOBNICE
27th November, 2012, 09:19 AM
completely agree with gmb
I also use serviio and never had a problem since installing it.
thanks guys sorry for being dumb say i have serviio on my main pc how do i play on another with serviio ?

gmb45
27th November, 2012, 09:33 AM
serviio is used basically to stream to dlna devices smart tvs, xbox, ps3 but i think theres an app for android devices, the pro version off serviio lets you stream over the net to none dlna devices i think ----> Apps (http://www.serviio.org/apps) as im using the free version im not sure how this works i just stream to me smart tv, if your not sure pop over to serviio and join the forum, the lads over there will sort you oot.

NICETOBNICE
27th November, 2012, 09:41 AM
is there a player for windows ?

gmb45
27th November, 2012, 09:46 AM
not sure m8, ya best go to the forum and ask questons there, all i can help with really is streaming to smart tvs.

yasminandrio
28th November, 2012, 12:52 PM
not sure m8, ya best go to the forum and ask questons there, all i can help with really is streaming to smart tvs.

Do you know if you can stream to an LG Smart tv, As it asked me to install Plex on my PC but i keep getting error messages when downloading Plex and i cant get it on my PC have tried for a couple of days, For some reson i can't put Sliverlight on my pc so plex cant install on my pc as a server!! Thanks for your help.

tshirtman
28th November, 2012, 05:27 PM
Do you know if you can stream to an LG Smart tv, As it asked me to install Plex on my PC but i keep getting error messages when downloading Plex and i cant get it on my PC have tried for a couple of days, For some reson i can't put Sliverlight on my pc so plex cant install on my pc as a server!! Thanks for your help.

I have an LG TV and use serviio to stream,
I had problems with certain file types, but once I installed serviio no more problems.

yasminandrio
29th November, 2012, 07:25 PM
Thanks for that will install it now