PDA

View Full Version : where would i find dvbsnoop

colinh1213
24th November, 2012, 02:42 PM
where would i fine dvbsnoop so i can run the e2 autobouquets ? thanks in advance guys.

TheCoder
24th November, 2012, 04:00 PM
Full source code is available at the dvbsnoop page on sourceforge. You should be able to download pre-compiled versions from the tuxbox cvs repository

tinribz
27th November, 2012, 12:16 AM
i unzipped dvbsnoop-1.4.50 from sourceforge. i placed the folder in usr/bin and i still get the message of no dvbsnoop found when trying to use autobouquets. i've rebooted, tried putting the contents of dvbsnoop-1.4.50 folder into usr/bin but still no luck. what am i doing wrong? i'm on vix 2.0 on a vu duo +
thanks

TheCoder
27th November, 2012, 01:03 AM
Did you download the correct version for your box ?

The problen with using pre-compiled packages are that they have been compiled for a particular processor/environment. A version compiled for a PC wont work on a dreambox etc.

The best solution is nearly alway to compile the source code for your own hardware but that will generally require some technical skill. Failing that then you need to find a specific package meant for your box. Such a package should install stuff in the proper place so that it becomes available to other packages.

colinh1213
27th November, 2012, 11:36 AM
ive looked round coder but to be quite honest its a bit above my head so i think il just use updated bouquets instead of auto updates, but thanks very much for your help , appreciate it.

tinribz
27th November, 2012, 12:26 PM
Did you download the correct version for your box ?

not that i know of. i want to use the autoboquets plug in, but it just tells me dvbsnoop is not found. i didn't realise there were different variations.
where can i find the correct version for a vu duo + on vix2.0
i read that it should be installed automatically with the autoboquets plug in, but that doesn't seem to be the case for me, i tried the enigma2-plugin-extensions-autobouquets-e2_201210091615_all.ipk

edit: the tuxbox cvs page has been unavailable the last couple of days, and the only option of dvbsnoop i could get was the 1.4.50.
if someone could dropbox the version i need or let me know where to find it, i could go from there, i hope. thanks

TheCoder
27th November, 2012, 03:44 PM
Not sure if its the version you need for your box or not but you could try the one i've attached. You'll need to uncompress the ipk file from the rar (Winrar or similar on your PC) before sending to your box.

Once you install then dvbsnoop should be located in /usr/bin

tinribz
27th November, 2012, 03:55 PM
thx, i'll give it a go

tinribz
27th November, 2012, 04:17 PM
Not sure if its the version you need for your box or not but you could try the one i've attached. You'll need to uncompress the ipk file from the rar (Winrar or similar on your PC) before sending to your box.

Once you install then dvbsnoop should be located in /usr/bin

yes coder, thats sorted dvbsnoop out for me. scanning the autoboquets now. thanks very much

mamba65
19th February, 2013, 11:48 AM
thanks mate

malkin
30th July, 2013, 09:25 PM
i install this dvd snoop but it crashes my box can sum 1 help me and point me in the right direction to delete this