PDA

View Full Version : Help required with allready working VU+ Ultimo

thekaiser81
24th November, 2012, 03:19 PM
Right best to start at the beginning.

Was a dbox user for years, ok to do it myself using the wionderful source that is digiatl kaos sorted them all out for my family etc and everything that went tits up when they went down....

Hummed and arred for a while then took the leap to satalite. Brought a dish motor etc and a vu+ ultimo with the intention of installing it myself. Went to work broke my foot so no climbing ladders for me.

Anyway quick search on line found the number of a local man called him up he came round and installed the dish and everything and even sorted out the subs for a year to sly uk German sly, Italiansly, and everything so happy days.

Anyway we get this bad wind and rainy weather this week and watching TV its starts to break up a little going all pixalated. So i turn the TV off but leave the box on. We then get a power cut for a few minutes. Power comes back on so turn TV on to see if TV sorted and still doing the same. Anyway forget about it go to bed come down the next day(yesterday). Anyway the channels are still all pixalated and breaking up.

I move the satalite to Italian and German these are all fine picture perfect HD fine but move it back to the the UK ones and i still get the pixalated images dont really know what im doing with the box to sort it out. My missus in her wisdom decides to auto scan the box which it does for half an hour this results in all the channels that we have being able to be viewed still but on the channel lists instead of saying DAVE HD it says <N/A>.

So at present i can still view all the Italian and German subs and i can view some UK ones ie BBC, ITV, Sky sports news, Disney but not things like the sports and stuff.

I am laying my self at the mercy of the brains of Digital Kaos asking for advice on what i need to do to fix this situation.

Finally the local man has now returned to albania so he can no longer help.

Thanks in advance

dell_xps
25th November, 2012, 06:41 PM
Can you see the FTA on 28.2 UK Sky ?
If not sounds like it's not pointing spot on to 28.2, I don't have a motorised setup, so maybe one of the other guys might be able to help you.

lincsat
25th November, 2012, 11:11 PM
Load a current multi-sat channel list first and ensure the Satellite configuration matches the list, then peak the 28e position slightly E/W for the best signal. If using USALS, then tweak the lat/long slightly for the best results on all sats.

digicon
26th November, 2012, 02:30 AM
Sounds like the Dish has been blown out of alignment with the recent winds, your Albanian friend has either not tightened the motor bracket up tightly enough or the Dish side of things.

You can do as Lincsat advised and alter your LoN/Lat details in the tuner setup menu which may help, but it looks like eventually you may need to have it re-aligned