PDA

View Full Version : Comments on the dm-7020

ryan8188
23rd February, 2009, 05:09 PM
Can anyone give any info on what the 7020 is like. Im after a linux receiver that can be used for cccam with a ci slot for possible cam plus can be used as a PVR.

Up to now i can only find the dm-7020 and the technomate 9100 that will do the job. Can anyone give any good/bad reports on these receivers or suggest any more that will do the job.

Baring in mind i dont really want to pay over ?150ish as im not after a HD one yet.

Thanks

krazylegz
23rd February, 2009, 05:27 PM
you will be lucky to be find the 7020 for ?150 m8....you might get a clone but not genuine

bare in mind that altough the 9100 and 7020 have pvr functionality, they dont have full pvr functionalities if you get me, ie...you can only record a program and watch something on the same transponder due to the single tuner.

benny/9
23rd February, 2009, 05:33 PM
Can anyone give any info on what the 7020 is like. Im after a linux receiver that can be used for cccam with a ci slot for possible cam plus can be used as a PVR.

Up to now i can only find the dm-7020 and the technomate 9100 that will do the job. Can anyone give any good/bad reports on these receivers or suggest any more that will do the job.

Baring in mind i dont really want to pay over ?150ish as im not after a HD one yet.

Thanks
for me it's the dreambox 7020 but you wont get one on your budget
and i have found lots of problems when useing any cam in the db 7020
everything else works first class, as far as i know the tm 9100 can
use the dreambox software images etc:

ryan8188
23rd February, 2009, 10:43 PM
one of the main reasons for me going for this box is the ci slot. Will a diablo work in this box or will i be better off going with a technomate

red devil
24th February, 2009, 02:44 PM
for me it's the dreambox 7020 but you wont get one on your budget
and i have found lots of problems when useing any cam in the db 7020
everything else works first class, as far as i know the tm 9100 can
use the dreambox software images etc:

Hi benny, just got a 7020 good box but i was wonderin wat kind of probs u had with cam on it as this was hopefully gonna be my next step