PDA

View Full Version : 2 routers 1 internet connection

cunny
23rd February, 2009, 08:57 PM
Hi guys

Right here goes, we have a linskys router connected to the cable modem. What i want to do is connect a Belkin wireless G router to it upstairs and connect a 360 to it wired. So what i want is this:

1 internet connection.
1 pc and belkin router connected to the linksys wirelessly.
1 360 wired connected to the belkin for live.

Any ideas on this would be great.

Thanks Guys

ps2chiper
23rd February, 2009, 08:58 PM
So you are trying to create a wireless bridge? If you are, you can try dd-wrt for your linksys router. PM me for help.

cunny
24th February, 2009, 10:38 AM
got this working and a second router used as a wireless adapter for the xbox 360 thanks to ps2chipper.

Can we now close the thread.

Bulld0g
24th February, 2009, 11:22 AM
Might be a good idea if you posted the solution m8.It might help spmeone else out with the same problem.

ps2chiper
24th February, 2009, 03:43 PM
We used DD-WRT. He had hit the lottery when they gave him a free WRT54GL router with his new computer. That one is the easiest to flash DD-WRT on to. And you need a guide just google dd-wrt client bridge.

ces
6th March, 2009, 05:10 PM
another solution would have been to buy an ethernet bridge example Linksys WET54G Wireless-G Ethernet bridge.... works a treat

ces

papadam
9th March, 2009, 05:22 PM
Hi and please help. i am using dreambox 500c ready to go ,i means ,flash ,ip,etc ok.i do not have internet myself ,but i am uing my neighbour wifi through USB adaptor.....he gave me his keys.
How can i connect to dreambox that way?