PDA

View Full Version : xbox360 modding

johnboy1974
23rd February, 2009, 09:51 PM
hi there i was thinking about buying a new 360 and sending it away to get flashed, but i was wondering about all the download sites for the games and do they really work. also i have watched some tutorials on utube on how to download and burn the games to dvd and was wondering if that really works too. thanks in advace for all help

ps2chiper
23rd February, 2009, 09:54 PM
You got to tell us what dvd drive is in your xbox. The liteon requires soldering and a serial to ttl adapter. but in general, all the xbox dvd drives are hacked. so you can play your legally owned backups.

johnboy1974
23rd February, 2009, 10:06 PM
cheers mate i havent got the box yet so the drive will be whatever m/s are putting in them just now as it will be new.
having read through some of the threads im thinking about flashing it myself.

ps2chiper
23rd February, 2009, 10:08 PM
Well most likely it will be the lite-on. If you cant solder, then dont bother as you may break it. or you can just have a pro do it for you. but be careful as their is no honor among thieves.

ps2chiper
23rd February, 2009, 10:09 PM
You can get an Arcade version then buy one of the Copied 120 gig Hard drives from a chinese store. That way you can save a few bucks.

johnboy1974
23rd February, 2009, 10:21 PM
thanx for some sound advice ive got a bit of soldering experience so willing to give it a go, do i need some sort of special cable to connect the dvd drive to my computer.

ps2chiper
23rd February, 2009, 10:26 PM
I live in shenzhen and bought a xbox from america and gearing up for it. So i asked a friend that works in guowei computer plaza for the serial to ttl adapter. Its 50 rmb and they are tiny, So I could mail them to people who need them. But you need to solder the ttl adapter to the dvd drive to take hardware control of it. then you can follow some guides. but if you have the skills. then do it your self.

cunny
24th February, 2009, 06:45 AM
Well most likely it will be the lite-on. If you cant solder, then dont bother as you may break it. or you can just have a pro do it for you. but be careful as their is no honor among thieves.

Its most likely a liteon yeah but you dont need to solder the board of the drive no more.
You can buy or make a connectivity kit with a probe, basically once its all connected up, you put the probe into the R707 port on the board and the drive will release the key.

I have done a few liteon drives this way and it works a treat.

Latest 1 this morning and took half an hour

As to burning and flashing on youtube, i followed a tutorioal on there for the hitachi 78 drive, and it worked a treat. Burning games is easy once set up correctly.

ps2chiper
24th February, 2009, 04:01 PM
Is the software still the same for the connectivity kit and the serial to ttl adapter. or do they have there own software for it?

cunny
24th February, 2009, 10:00 PM
they have thier own driver for the usb part, also a prog called jungleflasher to get the key off the drive.

ps2chiper
24th February, 2009, 10:42 PM
I would need to hunt one of those kits down for where i live. Do you know any suppliers in shenzhen? also I am really good at soldering like my name implies. but I still hate soldering more then a donkey kick to the gut.