PDA

View Full Version : W203 burnt EZS

autodigitec
1st December, 2012, 11:24 AM
Hello everyone, I hope I can get a bit of help with this.

I'll tell the whole story of this case.
A W203 comes without turning the key, so I tested the key on a ak500pro and it doesnt send any info via infra red.

So I figured it was a key problem, and decided to make a new key.

Took out MCU1 (1J35D) and read it with ETL 908 programmer and soldered it back in the EZS.
When I loaded the dump on SKC, it said it has hash errors, so I used the first key that didnt have hash errors.

Then I took out the nec from a small black case mb key, programmed a 051 fille in the ak500pro socket and soldered it back. Tested the key and it now readed the info.

So after mounting everything in the car, I put the key in, it turns, but doesnt start.

Not sure what happened, but after I removed the ezs again, it was burnt. :(

So, I had another w203 ezs here and cloned the 2 mcu's from the burnt ezs to the other one and it burnt again. :hmmmm:

The small black case with nex key interior:
http://i.imgur.com/3mmSe.jpg
http://i.imgur.com/WBAMw.jpg

1 of the burnt EZS:
http://i.imgur.com/DGXJE.jpg

I've attached the mcu1 dump and key files generated (I used the key5_E5462A17_051.bin)

smayer
1st December, 2012, 08:11 PM
Do you test ezs in bench ?
Are you sure about connections?

benzgeek
2nd December, 2012, 12:20 AM
why you made a key ? you made it wrong from the first , if AK 500 didn't read the key that means the Key coil in most of the cases is cut , you should of take the NEC chip and put it in other key as initial test ,
The EZS burn because of bad soldering as i guess ...
how did you read 1j ?? ETL can read only the EEPROM of 1j !
i advice you if you the MCU died to get a working dump for W203 EZS and copy it on 2j ...4 j MCU because you need Flash and eeprom ,, if you want to go with this option then
1- flash the mcus with a working flash .
2- program the original EEPROM's for these MCU to the new one so you don't have to :

1- Renew the engine ECU
2- Renew ESL
3- milage correction

i would feel sick if i had this problem !

Good luck

smayer
2nd December, 2012, 12:29 AM
Please post a picture from MCU?s monted in pcb.

autodigitec
5th December, 2012, 11:04 AM
Please post a picture from MCU?s monted in pcb.

MCU1:
http://i.imgur.com/Bzj8I.png
MCU2:
http://i.imgur.com/UyvB4.jpg

Anyway, I need to solve this ASAP and I have here another EZS+key. Do I just need to put ESL and ECU virgin?

koncimobil
5th December, 2012, 01:57 PM
use another ezs & key.
viriginize esl & ecu.
stardiagnosis process.
done.

autodigitec
5th December, 2012, 05:17 PM
I think ESL is virgin already, only ECU missing.

After soldering eprom with virgin dump, do I need any specific codes to adapt with star?

Attached ECU dump if someone can virginize it for me?

EDIT: MB ECU software on default das removes the VIN and does the same modification as Ecuvonix. Should I use this?

benzgeek
5th December, 2012, 09:15 PM
Hello mate , your ECU is ME 2.8 , engine 2.4 this dump is not locked and you can use it .
you don't need to change anything just drive authorization and run .

autodigitec
6th December, 2012, 07:58 PM
Hello mate , your ECU is ME 2.8 , engine 2.4 this dump is not locked and you can use it .
you don't need to change anything just drive authorization and run .

What do you mean with "without play with data" ?and the original one is the one I attached.

smayer
6th December, 2012, 09:43 PM
If you use dataset from old EZS dont need change nothing.

benzgeek
7th December, 2012, 12:38 AM
the dump you sent not locked as i see

autodigitec
7th December, 2012, 05:44 PM
If you use dataset from old EZS dont need change nothing.

Do you think the dump is still good after burning 2 ezs? or do you mean to use the very first dump I've read?

Thanks for helping.

Btw, I made "default das" on ecu and it's in the car already, plugged in the ezs I got from scrapyard but it doesn't turn the key. I put a coil checker(that has a led) on ezs but it never turns on.

Can it be a ESL problem? I don't have a spare ESL to test the system on bench and can't remove the one that's in the car.

benzgeek
7th December, 2012, 09:32 PM
Read with das the actual values for the EZS with DAS see if the EZS recognice the key , you might have problem with ESL , ESL need reset some times .

smayer
7th December, 2012, 10:54 PM
Do you think the dump is still good after burning 2 ezs? or do you mean to use the very first dump I've read?

Thanks for helping.

Btw, I made "default das" on ecu and it's in the car already, plugged in the ezs I got from scrapyard but it doesn't turn the key. I put a coil checker(that has a led) on ezs but it never turns on.

Can it be a ESL problem? I don't have a spare ESL to test the system on bench and can't remove the one that's in the car.
The EZS burning it's not dump fault, burned coil can support 12 v for long time whitout burn, you Can test apliyng 12V in bench and monitorizing temperature. I Realy dont know what is the problem, Never see this in EZS, but i Can test your dumps and see whats hapening. I'm curiose about this.

MarkPRP
7th December, 2012, 11:22 PM
What FLUX did you use?

I had this problem when I was using some flux that was no clean but water ( Yes Water) Based.

On a w202/210 x32 EZS.

smayer
7th December, 2012, 11:39 PM
What FLUX did you use?

I had this problem when I was using some flux that was no clean but water ( Yes Water) Based.

On a w202/210 x32 EZS.

I know what you talking about, I have same bad experience, now just use polyoxyethylen(15)kokosamin, it's the best and no need clean.

drivesure
8th December, 2012, 07:39 AM
hi smayer, do you have a link i can buy from

autodigitec
8th December, 2012, 11:53 AM
Oh, now that I read the flux paste label I'm using, it kinda makes sense. And I really hope it is the flux and nothing else.

Here is the label:

http://i.imgur.com/5ZZeq.jpg

and here is the dump of ECU ori + key files + mcu1 and mcu 2 read after I added the key I made.

Btw, how do I remove a ESL when ak500 is not unlocking it?

smayer
8th December, 2012, 06:24 PM
hi smayer, do you have a link i can buy from

It's ERSA flux past F-SW 32

smayer
8th December, 2012, 06:27 PM
To unlock this ESL with AK you need database and I'm not sure if works, other tools like Mbkeyprog2 can unlock without database.

rob13572468
9th December, 2012, 11:07 PM
if you can pls post more pics of the damage to the EZS... the pic above shows a damaged/shorted release solenoid. if that is shorted it will destroy the drive transistor and possibly the regulator...

autodigitec
10th December, 2012, 08:41 PM
if you can pls post more pics of the damage to the EZS... the pic above shows a damaged/shorted release solenoid. if that is shorted it will destroy the drive transistor and possibly the regulator...

Pics of what exactly? the rest of the components seem to be okay

benzgeek
12th December, 2012, 09:38 PM
i had this problem with w220 EZS and the problem wasn't in the dump it was the flux , i hear the EZS coil ticking then after 3 sec it tick again and the coil become very hot .

rob13572468
14th December, 2012, 04:18 AM
Pics of what exactly? the rest of the components seem to be okay

are you saying that both times the pictured coil is what burned?

MarkPRP
14th December, 2012, 11:57 AM
I told you it was the flux!

:)

autodigitec
17th December, 2012, 02:50 PM
are you saying that both times the pictured coil is what burned?

The first EZS only smells like burned, but I can't see the coil burned.

And finally, after soldering the mcu's in another scrapyard ezs with proper flux by ERSA, removing the nec from the key, cleaning and soldering again with new flux and renew ESL, the car is good to go :)

Thanks everyone for helping on this.

Also, ak500pro is able to renew and unlock this 3 pin W203 ESL, the problem is that to make the motor work the ak500pro itself doesn't provide enough current to the esl, I plugged 12V(2A) externally and it unlocked it well.

minchion
25th December, 2012, 09:31 AM
why you made a key ? you made it wrong from the first , if AK 500 didn't read the key that means the Key coil in most of the cases is cut , you should of take the NEC chip and put it in other key as initial test ,
The EZS burn because of bad soldering as i guess ...
how did you read 1j ?? ETL can read only the EEPROM of 1j !
i advice you if you the MCU died to get a working dump for W203 EZS and copy it on 2j ...4 j MCU because you need Flash and eeprom ,, if you want to go with this option then
1- flash the mcus with a working flash .
2- program the original EEPROM's for these MCU to the new one so you don't have to :

1- Renew the engine ECU
2- Renew ESL
3- milage correction

i would feel sick if i had this problem !

Good luck
I think you're right, had the same issue months ago and
problem was the key coil because key was dropped to many
times. wire was disconnected, I solder it and and fix other
side of coil and I'm using the key till today.