PDA

View Full Version : RETIRING

TULGEYWOODMAN
1st December, 2012, 07:55 PM
It is with some regret that I would like to inform my fellow members of DK that I have now retired.

I have disposed of my equipment to an existing operator, who will, I am sure, make the best use of it.

I am intending to remain on the forum for as long as my health allows it..........probably another ten years.

My collection of datasets will be sold at the next " Help the needy asylum seekers" charity auction.

:party ::party ::party :

javyb
1st December, 2012, 08:06 PM
You don't wanna end up where Colin Michael Ogle is at your age

adam28
1st December, 2012, 09:37 PM
Good luck Eric
Looking at your Avator its about time you retired lol

binken
1st December, 2012, 09:39 PM
It is with some regret that I would like to inform my fellow members of DK that I have now retired.

I have disposed of my equipment to an existing operator, who will, I am sure, make the best use of it.

I am intending to remain on the forum for as long as my health allows it..........probably another ten years.

My collection of datasets will be sold at the next " Help the needy asylum seekers" charity auction.

Why you retiering ?

PremierD
1st December, 2012, 09:51 PM
Coz He is an Old Fud .. just like a few of us on here .. :)

TULGEYWOODMAN
1st December, 2012, 10:01 PM
Why you retiering ?

forgot!.....................

smartymarti
1st December, 2012, 10:37 PM
I thought the Alzheimer's. wasn't that bad and the deafness was partial , suppose the eyes have gone and all the traveling with incontinence can't be easy , good luck in the knackers yard old chap ill miss those late night barbled chats we had and never understood x

batandball
1st December, 2012, 10:39 PM
forgot!.....................

Some good old Tyres here

captain crackers
1st December, 2012, 10:48 PM
Seriously Eric, if you are retiring, my c*cks a bloater! Arthur.

Johnner
1st December, 2012, 10:53 PM

It's a bloater,or caught in the toaster ?

TULGEYWOODMAN
2nd December, 2012, 11:17 AM
Why you retiering ?

jus remembered.............gonna consentrayte on me `obby.

cross country ski-ing.

TULGEYWOODMAN
2nd December, 2012, 11:28 AM
I thought the Alzheimer's. wasn't that bad and the deafness was partial , suppose the eyes have gone and all the traveling with incontinence can't be easy , good luck in the knackers yard old chap ill miss those late night barbled chats we had and never understood x

thanks jimmy, ave you still got the copper pipe you promised me?
[makin` a mk2 version for the xmas tipple]

TULGEYWOODMAN
2nd December, 2012, 11:56 AM

Well troy sum o`dis me owl mate.

http://www.google.co.uk/imgres?um=1&hl=en&safe=off&sa=N&tbo=d&biw=1280&bih=555&tbm=isch&tbnid=VXfOLBVQRS7KJM:&imgrefurl=http://cupofjoepowell.blogspot.com/2012/07/bloater-paste-punting-and-glamorous.html&docid=qi7DEbdRWtyFsM&imgurl=http://4.bp.blogspot.com/_oLE06X59D5I/SQ2xOILEhQI/AAAAAAAAANo/5u4lGj_-74A/s400/02-11-2008%252B13-51-40.jpg&w=195&h=218&ei=wTK7UNu2OqSS0QWIrICgCA&zoom=1

nomis
2nd December, 2012, 07:59 PM

Respect ....................
So promise me after next month of retirement !
I pay 2,735*2 km diesel ... lol

Edit: I am Serious mate ...

justy22
2nd December, 2012, 09:44 PM

Can I ask what kit u had , always interested to know what wise old codgers use

Meat-Head
2nd December, 2012, 10:02 PM

Would like to second that.

Also assimng you already have sesied trading, perhaps you could now tell of your various cock ups over the years (think it was you)

TULGEYWOODMAN
2nd December, 2012, 10:10 PM

DP3,Enigma,Vagdashprog,Abrites,Ultraprog,Carprog,R osfar,ETL 912,ETL 908,NEC programmer, Xprog,UPA,Dashfixer,Tacho Universal,Vagcom,Star,Planet,Opcom and some bits and bobs.

Meat-Head
2nd December, 2012, 10:15 PM
Xprog,3 X UPA,and some bits and bobs.

were the bits and bots genuine?

perhaps you could tell us more about the IN-corrections and weird costomers?

TULGEYWOODMAN
2nd December, 2012, 10:17 PM
Would like to second that.

Also assimng you already have sesied trading, perhaps you could now tell of your various cock ups over the years (think it was you)

Too many cock ups to list.

removing an S class cluster and disconnecting the dash plug before
getting said cluster out of the way, then watching customers face as steering wheel automatically returns to default position, crunching and breaking the glass was a memorable moment.[5 years ago]

Leaving a solder blob shorting out the plus and ground on a Ford Ranger then observing the smoke when I plugged it in [3 months ago]

setting the headlining on fire with the soldering iron.

Backing into the customers nearly new Merc, need I go on?

TULGEYWOODMAN
2nd December, 2012, 10:19 PM
were the bits and bots genuine?

perhaps you could tell us more about the IN-corrections and weird costomers?

okay you got me, x prog, tacho universal, star, planet,nec,opcom..all clones

Johnner
2nd December, 2012, 10:27 PM
You is a class act man. !!

Meat-Head
2nd December, 2012, 10:28 PM
need I go on?

Yes your retired, you now will be woundering how you had time to work.

So you can make a MEGGGA post here.

http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/f152/whats-your-biggest-fu-k-up-66871/

Would be intresting to know what you did to rectifty the problems.

The merc glass bet that was dear.

z786
2nd December, 2012, 11:41 PM
sell me ur fone line :D

also remember one thing,

no matter how rich a beggar gets, he will always beg

u my friend will be back on road in a few weeks lol

have fun

TULGEYWOODMAN
2nd December, 2012, 11:51 PM
Yes your retired, you now will be woundering how you had time to work.

Would be intresting to know what you did to rectifty the problems.

The merc glass bet that was dear.

1. Shook up a can of coke and put out fire with squirt.

2. Begged an S class cluster off local Merc dealers warranty return pile.

3.Desoldered blob and repaired burnt out track with kynor on inner pcb on Ranger.

electromech
3rd December, 2012, 08:48 PM

getting said cluster out of the way, then watching customers face as steering wheel automatically returns to default position, crunching and breaking the glass was a memorable moment.[5 years ago]

Leaving a solder blob shorting out the plus and ground on a Ford Ranger then observing the smoke when I plugged it in [3 months ago]

setting the headlining on fire with the soldering iron.

Backing into the customers nearly new Merc, need I go on?

No one is perfect M8.....at least you grown up enuf to post your **** ups ...I will crash the DK server if where to list all mine

TULGEYWOODMAN
3rd December, 2012, 10:37 PM

I have posted there.....

tranzavanza
7th December, 2012, 03:38 AM
DP3,Enigma,Vagdashprog,Abrites,Ultraprog,Carprog,R osfar,ETL 912,ETL 908,NEC programmer, Xprog,UPA,Dashfixer,Tacho Universal,Vagcom,Star,Planet,Opcom and some bits and bobs.

I really wish all those great tools together could roll back not only odometers. good think is: years go away but experience stays.

Never got a chance to be your friend or even know you. but as a member of the community I wish you well...

yugo45
7th December, 2012, 05:15 AM
People like us never retire . It is in your bold and trust me after sometime we will touch the tool no matter what we say.
Wish you the best .

stefaudio
7th December, 2012, 07:42 AM
TULGEYWOODMAN (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/members/107756-tulgeywoodman/) hi frend and big RESPECT

***1058;here's something funny in any retirement

There is nothing left to learn the hard way

Clothes and shoes that you buy you will not wear out

If you get hungry you can dine in 16.00.

You can live without SEX but not without glasses

Have guests and neighbors did not even know about it.

You know what the weather will be on your joints instead of the weather forecast

You are sure that your friends will keep your secret because I do not remember

:):):):):):)

qubits
26th June, 2014, 04:01 PM

watch the same customer's face as s/he finds out you're retired from doing "work" on mercedes :)

TULGEYWOODMAN
26th June, 2014, 04:28 PM
watch the same customer's face as s/he finds out you're retired from doing "work" on mercedes :)

Actually I am semi retired!ask Arthur, I only do easy jobs

captain crackers
26th June, 2014, 04:36 PM
Yes that is correct Tulgeywoodman now only works 9 days a week and he sold me the cowboy outfit he used to wear when fitting can blockers to BMW, Mercedes and Renault's.

TULGEYWOODMAN
26th June, 2014, 04:46 PM
Today's easy job was removing cluster from 1998 Audi convertible,ended up removing the engine and the steering column and the seats!

Meat-Head
26th June, 2014, 06:27 PM
Did you think what the hell is this steel cable?

protecn 10 or something

TULGEYWOODMAN
26th June, 2014, 06:41 PM
I had to use acetylene to help me:abnormal:

Johnner
26th June, 2014, 07:20 PM
I had to use acetylene to help me:abnormal:

And that's not the girl from the Motor Factors either,Meaty !!

DARFVADER
26th June, 2014, 08:41 PM
Dont see your digiprog clone on the list ,, are you keeping that !

captain crackers
26th June, 2014, 09:18 PM
It's there at the end of the list. Bits and bobs! Arthur.

chrismoore02
26th June, 2014, 11:03 PM
Dont see your digiprog clone on the list ,, are you keeping that !

When was the digiwigy bought??????? This Thread is from 2012!!!

captain crackers
26th June, 2014, 11:21 PM
Hey Chris, I will make sure TULGEYWOODMAN sends you his old hacksaw blades when he finally retires. Arthur.

chrismoore02
26th June, 2014, 11:40 PM
Hey Chris, I will make sure TULGEYWOODMAN sends you his old hacksaw blades when he finally retires. Arthur.
Im ok for old hacksaw blades thankyou. Could do with some corned beef tin keys though dont suppose you could help out :)

captain crackers
26th June, 2014, 11:51 PM
Corned beef tin keys? Luxury. I have to use an old penknife. The type you use to get boy scouts out of horses hooves. Corned beef tin keys indeed! Arthur.

qubits
8th July, 2014, 04:45 AM
I heard back in the days, ignition keys were much bigger and hacksmith.. err I mean locksmith were using hacksaw blades to retrieve broken keys in the locks.
Don't be surprised if you see an unidentified semiretired person with a sawblade in his pocket and roaming around parking lots trying to find jobs :)

Meat-Head
8th July, 2014, 07:18 AM
Had Sussex (iShit Failiure) with scraping the end of the brass clean, solder price of wire to it, close eyes give it a good tug

TULGEYWOODMAN
29th May, 2015, 10:16 PM

after a couple of years in semi retirement and looking after Arthurs bloater, I thought another few months of this might do me good.

davecooper47
29th May, 2015, 11:46 PM
I resent being called Arthurs bloater!!! I've been on a diet you know?????

TULGEYWOODMAN
30th May, 2015, 09:20 AM
Yes I see you are down to a modest 19 stone,
it's amazing what you can achieve when you cut the McDonald's down to only 5 visits a day..........

Meat-Head
30th May, 2015, 10:18 AM
When you cut the McDonald's down to only 5 visits a day..........

http://www.eater.com/2015/5/11/8587327/mcdonalds-gut-bacteria-college-kid-study-scary-fast-food

TULGEYWOODMAN
30th May, 2015, 10:44 AM
Ah well, back to KFC then.........