PDA

View Full Version : New Kryptview Firmware 24/02/09

stroner
24th February, 2009, 07:38 PM
Thanks to the authors!

Digital Kaos - Downloads - 24/02/09 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/24-02-09-619/)

Changes
-------

- Based on Evolution A750 sofwith with support for new receiver model with
updated hardware whilst continuing to support original model.

- Completely new multi-channel EPG.
[EPG -> Red] Set Reservation.
[EPG -> Blue] Cancel Reservation.
[EPG -> Yellow] for daily listing for current channel.
[EPG -> Green] for weekly listing for current channel.

- Much more stable code base - this should be the most stable software release.

To show our commitment to not abandoning older model receivers, and to avoid any confusion we have made a
single software release that?s supports both the original hardware and the new updated hardware.

The software will determine which drivers to use depending on which receiver is automatically detected.

All new features are, and always will be enabled for all receiver models.
We will not stop supporting an older model due to release of a newer model.

C64
24th February, 2009, 08:10 PM
Thanks for this mate :)

pedst
24th February, 2009, 08:19 PM
new epg looking great. just what box needed :o

thirty3
24th February, 2009, 10:45 PM
So could they make the kryptview accept keys manually..??

wilf
24th February, 2009, 10:54 PM
why would you want to manually input keys when they roll, it took me 5 mins to flash the box prob 10 mins to do scan got my feet up with a beer now watching premium tv thanx to ronster

mark36
24th February, 2009, 11:42 PM
I'm with you on that wilf.Last time they went i had mine back up and running within a day:dancing2:These guys look after you.
Nice one Ronster.:top:

max_gee
24th February, 2009, 11:46 PM
The new model has a sharp tuner inside so no more freezing and pixelating.

A nice little box too :P

trucker30
25th February, 2009, 12:11 AM
Has anyone tested this firmware on the old box yet,just want to be on the safe side if i need to update.

wilf
25th February, 2009, 12:50 AM
have put it on a700c old one, working great so far, epg much better.

thirty3
26th February, 2009, 06:57 PM
If the kryptview software will not work until a new version is written.....errr like 2 months ago you put the keys in maually and flash as soon as.

so why would you not want to enter the keys manually ????

wilf
26th February, 2009, 10:22 PM
i have had a kryptview for nearly 2 years and there has been 3 or 4 major crashes usually 6/7 months intervals between them, where new firmware has been needed as a nessesity to get it up and running, i have never waited longer than 18 hours for an update to appear. If you press 6001 you will find keys but i have never even tried to update this way as i can wait for these experts to do their business. It is a box supported in the uk and is one of if not the first softwares to be released everytime

bugaloo41
26th February, 2009, 11:28 PM
Agree wilf. very good plug and play boxes. Had one in my sons room since they first came out and it works flawlessly. Great support.

DW190
27th February, 2009, 12:08 AM
I've had the lot from the first Dbox to the latest A750.

The Arnet is the only one that has true 16.9 and sorts the channels locally.

Been waiting since Christmas for boxes rather than buy other makes.

jumpinjo
27th February, 2009, 10:56 AM
If the kryptview software will not work until a new version is written.....errr like 2 months manually

its the best supported box going and there aint no wait if going tits up as the main man is always on the case

fantekid
28th February, 2009, 08:32 AM
Many thanks for the new firmware. Got a 700c, working great and has been since I got it in November. Should still flash with the new firmware anyway??

gmb45
28th February, 2009, 09:26 AM
Many thanks for the new firmware. Got a 700c, working great and has been since I got it in November. Should still flash with the new firmware anyway??why bother m8 if its ok ? u not entering keys manually are u ? if u are flash it

wilf
28th February, 2009, 04:03 PM
Many thanks for the new firmware. Got a 700c, working great and has been since I got it in November. Should still flash with the new firmware anyway??
you dont need to switch your firmware if you are happy with old one but if you want to get a better epg and cut out any freezing then update.

fantekid
1st March, 2009, 10:44 AM
you dont need to switch your firmware if you are happy with old one but if you want to get a better epg and cut out any freezing then update.

cheers mate. No not entering keys maunually and no real isues with freezing so I'll just wait for now...

tornado99
1st March, 2009, 12:34 PM
just joined and this is just what I'm looking for. Thanks

Thanks to the authors!

Digital Kaos - Downloads - 24/02/09 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/24-02-09-619/)

Changes
-------

To show our commitment to not abandoning older model receivers, and to avoid any confusion we have made a
single software release that?s supports both the original hardware and the new updated hardware.

The software will determine which drivers to use depending on which receiver is automatically detected.

pards
6th March, 2009, 12:04 AM
I'm having a problem with my Arnet. I have download an update but the box has now frozen... Any ideas?

wilf
6th March, 2009, 02:25 AM
which download have you put on m8 the newest firmware is this 1 Digital Kaos - Downloads - Kryptview Firmware 24/02/09 (http://www.digital-kaos.co.uk/forums/downloads/arnet-kryptview/31/kryptview-firmware-24-02-09-619/) it maybe didnt work right try a reflash

joewalls123
8th March, 2009, 08:08 PM
anyone know when or where i can get the a750?
:hmmmm:

broabertawe
11th March, 2009, 08:28 PM
Thanks to the authors!

Changes
-------

thanks again for this

tommyd
12th March, 2009, 08:12 PM
Just what I am looking for, thanks!:adore:

bhavzzz
15th March, 2009, 03:42 AM
Whats the difference between both the a700c and the a750/c as I have the a700c and if the new ones better I will buy that one? Also, what's the difference between the 29/11/2008 software/firmware and the 13/03/2009 software/firmware? Thanks

DW190
15th March, 2009, 09:36 AM
Whats the difference between both the a700c and the a750/c as I have the a700c and if the new ones better I will buy that one? Also, what's the difference between the 29/11/2008 software/firmware and the 13/03/2009 software/firmware? Thanks

The A750 is an udated version of the Arnet. Just like we've had updated versions of the Ford Fiesta and the Vauxhall Vectra. As time goes by and reasearch finds ways of making the old things perform better they make a new one and give it a slightly new title. ie. A700/A750.

The firmware/software is just a program which operates the unit. Research and tests of slightly changed firmware find the units work in different ways sometimes for the better so the firmware is released as an updated version with fixes for issues in previous firmware.

The difference between the 29/11/2008 and the 13/01/2009 is an improved epg and making the unit capable of entering keys manually thus providing a way of temporarily getting the unit working again when the encryption has been changed.

crumer
13th May, 2009, 05:29 PM
need kryptview a750 for ireland
flash where?

caveman_nige
13th May, 2009, 05:31 PM
at the top of the kryptview section mate... look in the red 'sticky' threads..

shabz84
13th May, 2009, 05:53 PM
trying to find firmware for starview 1 any help plEEEEEZ

wilf
13th May, 2009, 06:17 PM
trying to find firmware for starview 1 any help plEEEEEZ

try looking in the starview section this is for kryptview m8