PDA

View Full Version : wii wont accept disks at all

madwiv5kids
24th February, 2009, 07:39 PM
hi i have a chipped wii it was working untill the other day and all it does is the drive makes a noise and keeps spittin the disks out and the drive wont spin . any help will much appreciated
many thanks mick

dell_xps
24th February, 2009, 08:51 PM
hi i have a chipped wii it was working untill the other day and all it does is the drive makes a noise and keeps spittin the disks out and the drive wont spin . any help will much appreciated
many thanks mick

What chip do you have on your wii and what chip did you buy ?

madwiv5kids
24th February, 2009, 09:45 PM
What chip do you have on your wii and what chip did you buy ?
i aint got aclue too be honest but all i know it has about 6-7 wires coming off it

dell_xps
24th February, 2009, 10:08 PM
i aint got aclue too be honest but all i know it has about 6-7 wires coming off it

Ok I would hazard a guess and say that a wire has came off your chip causing the Wii not to accept any discs, I came across a similar fault with a solderless wiikey chip, had to desolder 4 points on the board to get it working as the rom would not accept any discs, as soon as I desoldered it it worked no problemo.
I take it you got someone to fit it for you?
If so take it back to them and get them to check the soldering.
HTH

madwiv5kids
25th February, 2009, 03:23 PM
Ok I would hazard a guess and say that a wire has came off your chip causing the Wii not to accept any discs, I came across a similar fault with a solderless wiikey chip, had to desolder 4 points on the board to get it working as the rom would not accept any discs, as soon as I desoldered it it worked no problemo.
I take it you got someone to fit it for you?
If so take it back to them and get them to check the soldering.
HTH
thanks very much i will have another look but but if not i will take the chip out and try the drive again

madwiv5kids
28th February, 2009, 01:41 PM
thanks very much i will have another look but but if not i will take the chip out and try the drive againi took the chip out but it is doing the same it will not accept the disk at all and makes a horrible noise in the prosess

dell_xps
28th February, 2009, 05:55 PM
i took the chip out but it is doing the same it will not accept the disk at all and makes a horrible noise in the prosess

How old is your Wii m8 ?
Did this happen right after you got it chipped ?
Your warranty is void anyway now as you have opened it, however you can buy/fit a new DVD for about ?50 to ?60.

drawflex
28th February, 2009, 09:26 PM
yeah, sounds like a fluffed dvd drive,

You can get a genuine Wii refurbed replacement here for ?40 delivered.

DealExtreme: $58.88 Repair Part Replacement DVD-ROM Optical Laser Drive Module (D2B Mechanism) for Wii (http://www.dealextreme.com/details.dx/sku.19842)

double_dd
2nd March, 2009, 01:13 AM
id swerve deal extreme takes till next julember to arrive, been doing wiis for while try this.
take drive out turn upside down and remove screws
(before this there is thin white ribbon that just slides out of motherboard you will see comming round to side you taking off slide this out first)
when you remove the silver case cover try sliding laser on runners common fault the come off and mostly on chipped ones push forward if stiff you here a solid noise of somthing clicking into place you good to go. :)