PDA

View Full Version : Irish Stations - Skybox F3

thewools
2nd December, 2012, 11:12 AM
I recently set up a skybox F3 and now have all uk freeview and subscription stations..

However living in Ireland it would be nice to have the Irish stations such as rte1, 2 and tv3..

Is there a way of bringing these in too as they are currently not available. Would changing firmware help or is there another way??

mdt
2nd December, 2012, 11:30 AM
I recently set up a skybox F3 and now have all uk freeview and subscription stations..

However living in Ireland it would be nice to have the Irish stations such as rte1, 2 and tv3..

Is there a way of bringing these in too as they are currently not available. Would changing firmware help or is there another way??

what regionals you get are based on your postcode... im not too sure but i take it your in N.I. cant you recieve it via dtt? or you could set up a multi-lnb dish for 9east. maybe @potrobber can advise you better,regards mdt

thewools
2nd December, 2012, 11:43 AM
what regionals you get are based on your postcode... im not too sure but i take it your in N.I. cant you recieve it via dtt? or you could set up a multi-lnb dish for 9east. maybe @potrobber can advise you better,regards mdt

I'm in rep of Ireland. The tv which the skybox is set up with is not recent so doesn't bring in the stations now without a saorview box

I was hoping to use the satbox f3 to do this but the current provider doesn't offer Irish stations unfortunately..

rigsby71
2nd December, 2012, 11:59 AM
Surely then just get a saorview box then & you get those channels for free after the box outlay.

cactikid
2nd December, 2012, 12:08 PM
yes a saorview would be good idea and the new ones can record and view different channels now,needs an aerial for use
or what i got is the combo sat/dtt and i can record the fta with that and leave the other vu boxes to record other things.

thewools
2nd December, 2012, 12:21 PM
yes a saorview would be good idea and the new ones can record and view different channels now,needs an aerial for use
or what i got is the combo sat/dtt and i can record the fta with that and leave the other vu boxes to record other things.

No aerial I'm afraid.. Always used satellite via Sky to bring in the Irish stations..

Now that I have switched "provider" all I am lacking is the Irish stations. So can the f3 bring these stations by tweaking the firmware / settings?

Manic01
2nd December, 2012, 12:29 PM
Nope...........

thijs
2nd December, 2012, 12:34 PM
just get a combo box sat+soarview they are not that expensive and an arial for the ddt and you can use the same provider for your channels on sat and have the soarview on the same channellist amiko 8820 non linux work fine for me in the kitchen.
And a fairly good price.

cactikid
2nd December, 2012, 12:43 PM
i bought this aerial for my saorview.

http://www.did.ie/media/catalog/product/cache/1/image/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/b/l/blackaerial.png

mdt
2nd December, 2012, 01:08 PM
i thought you were running an official card... cheapest option would be change provider,regards mdt

ian597
2nd December, 2012, 01:18 PM
i have to diffrent servers on 2 boxes and recieve all the irish channel from sat including 3e and setanta

cactikid
2nd December, 2012, 05:03 PM
be careful what you post as per the rules.

Joefuz
3rd December, 2012, 03:32 PM
When the digital switchover was on the way, we replaced the telly in our bedroom with a Saorview flatscreen and got a ?30 aerial for the attic. Saorview website will tell you where your nearest transmitter is. Use a compass (or a compass app on your phone) to pint the aerial at it. Scan for channels on the TV. Bingo, 8 digital channels, 10 digital radio stations.

kyper
3rd December, 2012, 10:10 PM
I've a skybox f3 also with my valid sky card and it picked up all of the irish channels and unscrambled them itself.

Is the Irish FTA only DVB-T?

excollier
4th December, 2012, 04:05 PM
Yes, Saorview.
But also:
Saorsat on 9e (KA-Sat, not Eutelsat 9A) with a Ka lnb but no TV3 or 3e, fta. As long as you live inside the very tight footprint.
10765MHz, Symbol rate: 25000; Polarity: Vertical (V); FEC: 1/2

ulrich100
5th December, 2012, 07:52 PM
How much help it is, im not sure.... but im in NI and get all the Irish channels on my M3.

If it's regarding the provider send me a PM.

digicon
5th December, 2012, 10:10 PM
How much help it is, im not sure.... but im in NI and get all the Irish channels on my M3.

If it's regarding the provider send me a PM.

Mate if that statement is not blatant i dont know what is.

Shady
5th December, 2012, 10:16 PM
report it then