PDA

View Full Version : Please check this EGR OFF file (EDC16C8)

bajticzek
3rd December, 2012, 02:05 PM
Hi guys,
friend of mine has Alfa Romeo 156 1.9 JTD Q4. ECU is (according to diagnostics) Bosch EDC16C8. He had his car chiptuned few months ago and one more thing he wanted to do is to disable the EGR valve. He blinded the valve physically with piece of metal, but the ECU recognizes it (checks for low pressure) and generates a fault code followed by "Check engine light" on dashboard.

So I have read the ECU content with MPPS and searched for some solution. I've gone through many topics here on DK and decided to use CarSoftware 5.2 to disable the EGR (according to many users i did not use Volta or Ecusafe for good reason). CarSoftware is entirely in Italian language, but is pretty straightforward. Only thing I'm not quite sure about is the option "Eliminazione valvola" and "Eliminazione totale valvola". What's the difference between them?

I compared the resulting files with the original one and found out, that the first option edits following memory addresses:
3DCAh-3DF9h
3E30h-3E5Fh
3E96h-3EC5h
3EFCh-3F2Bh

The second method ("Eliminazione totale valvola") edits these memory addresses:
23B4h-250Fh
25F8h-2753h
2838h-2993h

So, my question is: Which one of these two options should I use?
And second one: I do not understand the checksum calculation. Is it calculated during writing by MPPS software? Or is it calculated by CarSoftware? Or do I need to calculate it with some other program like WinOLS?

Maybe these questions are dumb, but I'm quite newbie, so proceed with me patiently, please.

Thanks for any advice.

PS: All files are packed with Winrar, original size of each is 1 MB. And feel free to use the original "chiptuned" file, if you want to.

assitutto
3rd December, 2012, 02:39 PM
on this car you can use Volta to do egr off
i do last week alfa 156 1.9jtdm 150hp edc16c8 and egr off is OK in volta
tested with diag

after write mod file egr position is always 1%

Baddog84
3rd December, 2012, 03:01 PM
test it and report

bajticzek
5th December, 2012, 08:12 PM
File posted by Baddog84 works like a charm.

It's basically my original uploaded file edited by Volta (EGR OFF), that changed addresses 3DC8h-3DF9h, 3E2Eh-3E5Fh, 3E94h-3EC5h and 3EFAh-3F2Bh. Checksums were calculated with WinOls. NOREAD and User tag added.

Thanks. I learned a lot from this.

Audi SP
22nd February, 2013, 10:53 PM
test it and report
hello .. you can have the password for the file?
thank you very much

VitalyR
23rd February, 2013, 11:59 PM
test it and report

Dear friend, it will be great if u send me the password to pm. Thank you!

Dakus
8th February, 2019, 01:06 AM
Hi,

Can you please send me the password I would be grateful..

Thanks

morgano
8th February, 2019, 08:49 AM
After six years i would not expect to receive a password :)

Better upload your file to get it done.