PDA

View Full Version : Dell Inspiron Network Adapter

Jakamo
24th February, 2009, 09:58 PM
I've just done a clean re-install of XP and now don't have any network (LAN) in my device manager! This means I can't get on "tinternet - (I'm using my old base unit for now).......a "PC techi" told me I need to download it from the Dell website. I've done this but am not sure if it's the right one. Anyone help???? :s:

Dreamer
24th February, 2009, 10:09 PM
You should be able to enter your dell tag no in the dell website. The tag no is normally a white label with letters and digits. I can't remember how many digits the label has prob around 6.

Once you put in the tag no it should give a list of downloads for your inspiron. I don't mind having a look at this if you want to PM me your tag no. Please don't post your tag no in this thread.

ps did you restart your machine as sometimes you need to restart before it will load the wireless network drivers.

If you have the original disks the drivers will be on that and you can update the driver. If you have the disks, post back to say as, I can talk you through the installation from the disk.

Devilfish
24th February, 2009, 10:22 PM
I have a USB to Ethernet adapter for this very problem. I use the adapter to get onto the internet and then install the necessary drivers. But I guess that doesn't help you just now.

dell_xps
25th February, 2009, 05:34 PM
You just need a driver for your LAN, I take it you have internet access just now, go to Dell Uk, find drivers, select correct model, shows you all of the drivers for your computer, select the LAN driver for your operating system,download it, put it on a usb stick if you can or burn it to disc, take it to your comp, run the file as usually there exe files and it will install the driver for you, jobs a good ain.

Jakamo
26th February, 2009, 08:18 PM
Thanx guys, I downloaded the driver from the website to my flash drive and it now works!!!!!!! I'm now back on my Dell. Anyone want to buy a noisy hard drive? LOL