PDA

View Full Version : OpenPLI

iceman325
4th December, 2012, 12:50 PM
Most Vu+ Duo users seem to be using BH or VIX images, not many seem to be on Open PLI.

Is there any reason for this, is OpenPLI not as good on the Duo? Any opinions on this image?

digicon
4th December, 2012, 01:09 PM
Most Vu+ Duo users seem to be using BH or VIX images, not many seem to be on Open PLI.

Is there any reason for this, is OpenPLI not as good on the Duo? Any opinions on this image?

Blackhole is based on VU+'s original firmware where as most of the other images openAAF , openViX , openMips are well i wont say it but the clue is in the 'open' bit

iceman325
4th December, 2012, 01:51 PM
Thanks, in that case it may be worth a try as i believe you can install the latest OpenPLI images on clones whereas you cant on VIX? Is that correct?

I used to run OpenPLI on my old DM500s.

IAmATeaf
5th December, 2012, 07:58 PM
Vix is based on openpli as far as I know but with extras bolted on, isn't it?

iceman325
5th December, 2012, 08:57 PM
I have also been told that.

Do you know whats the latest OpenPLI image that is clone safe?

RuberDuck
6th December, 2012, 07:17 AM
Vix is based on openpli as far as I know but with extras bolted on, isn't it?

actually no thats no where near the mark.

ViX is LOOSELY based on the pli OE, but huge portions of the ViX core have been rewritten from scratch which is why even some pli plugins wont work on the ViX image.

i'll put it in a more simple way so you understand. ViX is based on pli in the same way that pli is based on DM, if thats too hard for you to understand them maybe its a good thing that your a BH user.

IAmATeaf
8th December, 2012, 04:22 PM
Who said I was a BH user?

Why do you think that your post would be hard for me to understand? I did post with a ? What do you think I'm a child that needs to be taught? If so what.?

gji25
8th December, 2012, 04:31 PM
dont know if the open pli is clone safe... but it works great on a original vu+duo and cross epg 7 day epg works great as well