PDA

View Full Version : solo epg what usb stick

liam1982
4th December, 2012, 09:44 PM
hi i have been trying to initialize a usb stick in the solo for epg only, the problem is it gets to 99% then i get the failed message, i have tried 7 different ones today without any luck, has anyone got this to work and what make of usb stick are you using...thanks in advance

mdt
5th December, 2012, 02:21 AM
hi i have been trying to initialize a usb stick in the solo for epg only, the problem is it gets to 99% then i get the failed message, i have tried 7 different ones today without any luck, has anyone got this to work and what make of usb stick are you using...thanks in advance

format your stick in your pc/laptop then install your stick, mount it to media/usb and restart your box,regards mdt

liam1982
5th December, 2012, 07:17 AM
thanks for the reply but the problem is i cant initialize the stick it goes to 99% them fails tried 7 so far...cheers

DOUGALMCD
5th December, 2012, 09:47 AM
Once you have done what mdt says all you have to do is configure and set up epg. Forget about what you are trying to do. hth

liam1982
5th December, 2012, 01:53 PM
ok thanks will give it a try...cheers

liam1982
7th December, 2012, 06:54 AM
still having problems it seems it is only some of the epg is loaded not all, no sports epg but have movies epg..any info much appreciated...cheers

DOUGALMCD
7th December, 2012, 09:36 AM
What image are you on? Then we can get you sorted.

liam1982
7th December, 2012, 04:20 PM
hi its image 2.4

DOUGALMCD
7th December, 2012, 05:28 PM
For Vix Format stick in computer>Insert into rear of solo>switch off then back on>press blue button go to vix>mount manager>set up mounts green button>left or right till you select media usb then save. Then menu>set up>system>epg>settings then select epg location to media usb press ok to save. Then go to crossepg>configure>set scheduled daily download>exit>select update rytec providers>update xepdb providers>exit after they update>select open tv providers>make sure you tick the one you want> To save press green>exit press blue button>select crossepg downloader and don't interrupt. hth

liam1982
7th December, 2012, 06:25 PM
must be a problem somewhere as everytime it gets to the end of Parsing Events it freezes....

DOUGALMCD
8th December, 2012, 01:07 PM
It sounds like you will have to to a fresh install of image.

liam1982
8th December, 2012, 05:12 PM
thanks for your help i got the box already set up but the person i got it from sent me a file called vu folder inside is vu solo in that is
root_cfe_auto.jff
kernal_cfe_auto
is this what i need to put on usb stick to reflash it (can no longer contact the person who flashed it)..

mdt
8th December, 2012, 08:44 PM
thanks for your help i got the box already set up but the person i got it from sent me a file called vu folder inside is vu solo in that is
root_cfe_auto.jff
kernal_cfe_auto
is this what i need to put on usb stick to reflash it (can no longer contact the person who flashed it)..

the folder should be called vuplus and inside that is vusolo and inside that is cfe/jff ect. put the vuplus folder into the usb stick and shove it in the front slot with the stb switched off at the back then switch the box on and leave it alone untill you have a flashing green led on the front. i always give it 15mins to be sure. when its finished remove stick and re-boot box,regards mdt

liam1982
9th December, 2012, 05:54 AM
done a reflash but the problem is still the same when it gets to parsing events the box freezes...cheers

liam1982
9th December, 2012, 07:08 AM
any info much appreciated...

DOUGALMCD
9th December, 2012, 01:23 PM
When you do a reflash it should clear all files so that you are starting from fresh. So you either have a problem with the file you are trying to flash ie corrupted or there is something wrong in setting up. Your dish is fine and your cabling, internet connection is good?

liam1982
9th December, 2012, 02:36 PM
can you check these settings please
mount>usb size15gb/dev/sda1 > /media/usb
Epg Set Up
epg location /media/usb/
epg filename epg
auto refresh yes
refresh every 12 hours
auto save yes
save every 12 hours
shoe EIT now/next in infobar yes
enable EIT epg yes
enable MHW epg yes
enable freesat epg yes
enable viasat epg yes
enable netmed epg yes
maintain old epg data for 0
include EIT in http streams yes
include AIT in http streams yes

cross epg configure

enable csv import no
force epg reload on boot no
download on tune no
schedule download once a day
schedule download at 14.05
show as plugin yes
show as extension yes
show force reload as plugin no

open tv> sky uk opentv (astra2 28.2) ticked

xmltv importer

daily automatic import enable
auto start time 14.00
standby at start up disable
when in deep standby skip the import
show plugin browser no
show import after booting up disable
load long descriptions up to x days 7

DOUGALMCD
9th December, 2012, 02:50 PM
Have you set these yourself as auto refresh no>save no>mhw no>

In epg set up epg location is the only one you had to change.

liam1982
9th December, 2012, 02:54 PM
i did not set them they were already set i will change them and try to download epg again...thanks for the help

liam1982
9th December, 2012, 03:24 PM
hi changed the settings to the ones you said and it is still the same mate infact the parsing events bar did not even get to the end before freezin,looks like will have to do without epg ...many thanks for all your time and help...all the best

cactikid
9th December, 2012, 03:36 PM
maybe try powering off box modem and router in case you have a bug and retry again ,i have had to do it a few times to load.

liam1982
9th December, 2012, 03:43 PM
ok mate will give it a try...cheers

liam1982
9th December, 2012, 04:32 PM
well cactikid thats done it mate thank ~~~~ for that all listings are loaded DOUGALMCD thanks for your patience and help much appreciated mate...all the best guys, this calls for a beer...lol

mdt
10th December, 2012, 07:01 PM
any info much appreciated...

try blackhole image to see if the problem persists,regards mdt

liam1982
10th December, 2012, 07:32 PM
all is working fine at the moment mate...cheers

cactikid
10th December, 2012, 10:47 PM
i dont usually get lucky with sat boxes,must have been that cable box talk etched into brain lol.
simple things gets over looked so enjoy it .