PDA

View Full Version : Unable to scan 28.2(E)

robbiecookie101
6th December, 2012, 09:33 AM
Hi Guys

I've just purchased a genuine VU+ Solo box and tried to scan for channels using the sly sat dish connected to my flat. I know that the flat had sky at some stage but the previous tenant didn't use it.

When scanning for channels I can only pick up stuff from Hotbird 13.0(E) or astra 19.2(e)? when scanning on 28.2(E) i do not find anything.

The previous tenant was Polish and lots of polish channels appear when scanning the above satellites so it makes me think he may have moved the dish, can anybody confirm that this is the case and advise me on how's best to point it back at sly?

Can I simply load a sly channel list and then turn the dish until BBC 1 works?

Many thanks for any help that you provide me

Robbie

DOUGALMCD
6th December, 2012, 09:52 AM
How to Setup & Align a Satellite Dish for Sky / Freesat - YouTube

You could load channel list and copy the direction and elevation of the dishes around you as most are set at 28.2. It's always best to use meter though.

cactikid
7th December, 2012, 12:14 AM
if there are a lot of foreigners living in flats they usually move the dish to another sat,seen it done before lol.

digicon
7th December, 2012, 02:36 AM
cacti hit the nail on the head previous polish tenant has moved dish round to 13? east for Cyfra and other packages, you will have to spin the dish back to 28.2? east.

to save costs you can use the inbuilt satfinder with signal levels in the tuner setup menu of your solo