PDA

View Full Version : How Much??? Cat5e cable...

nibblitz
6th December, 2012, 02:29 PM
Was behind a bloke at the tills in Maplin today, he didnt seem to have much computer savvy, he was asking for a 10m cable to connect his computer to his router as his wifi was dodgy.. Maplin chap came back with two shiny glitzy packages with cables in 'em.
"Thats ?11.99 sir, or maybe you'll prefer this one, its Cat6 cable"
Numpty buyer asks whats the difference, Numpty Maplin guy responds
"It'll make your internet faster sir"
"Great, I'll have that one then"
"Thats ?13.99 sir, pop your card in"

I was really itching to tell the buyer he could have a 10m cable delivered to his door for just ?1.50 if he looked on ebay, and to tell the Maplin guy he's an idiot.. Madness...

Shady
6th December, 2012, 03:11 PM
2 questions.
why were you in maplin?
and why didnt you say anything?

nibblitz
6th December, 2012, 03:46 PM
I needed a small double pole momentary push switch, and I dint say nowt as I was bewildered by the madness in front of me...

gmb45
6th December, 2012, 05:48 PM
ah that reminds me was in richer sounds, old geezer was asking aboot hdmi cables, knew ~~~~ all like, salesman said "we have this one sir, gold plated best hdmi you can get" :boring: old bloke said, "ok that will do", 32 ~~~~ing tokens ffs, a was like :eek: ya that gob smacked at the blatant rip off ya lost for words like.

lagerland
7th December, 2012, 08:34 AM
Dont get me started they truley are im not sure of the correct word to use in this instance im going with Wan%ers with absolutely zero product knowledge.

I have had the misfortune of frequenting their establishment on 2 occasions.

First time i reserved online a 13.8 volt power supply for a radio.Walked in ive come to collect a 13.8 volt power supply to which i got .Sorry sir we dont sell them,so i asked if you dont sell them how was i able to reserve one.Second time i went for the walk in approach.Helllo sir how can i help you,I would like a dummy load for a radio.Ok if you would like to go to technical information,what for i said i dont need technical information on the product you sell them and i want one i try to avoid it as much as possible now................

I hate that shop as much as SJ hates flebay.....................:laugh:

Shady
7th December, 2012, 08:36 AM
i have been in twice in the past, bought an android tv box there. it was good and had a keyboard/mouse that was selling for more than maplins was selling the lot for. i did a thread on it on dk somewhere..
it bricked though so my second trip was to return it... minus the wonderful keyboard ;)