PDA

View Full Version : I want to record live internet radio ???

Saltire
16th May, 2008, 04:07 AM
As the title says, i want to be able to record some parts of live internet radio from favourite radio stations i listen to on the internet, as an example we will use this station here, you will see the listen live part up near the top left of thier page - http://www.clyde2.com/

Ive been trying several different types of programs to do what iam after but I can either not get them to work properley or they are just far too difficult to work out how to do this n that, I need something that is "very very very" user friendly something very simple to use, i dont care for fancy things with all the bells and whistles etc, just want the job done that i need and thats that.

Can someone makes some good suggestions please thanks.

p.s
would be excellent if you could actually test the program and do what iam attempting to do using that radio station i gave you link for as ive had a few mates suggest a couple of programs but didnt really know how good they worked (if at all) and how user friendly they were.

biffo1
16th May, 2008, 10:49 PM
i just record through my sound card using the option record what u hear mate , i use adobe audtion to record it

Saltire
16th May, 2008, 11:13 PM
i just record through my sound card using the option record what u hear mate , i use adobe audtion to record it

hmmm, adobe audition, need to look into that ?

delboy13
17th May, 2008, 12:46 AM
i used to use super mp3 recorder by admiresoft to record whatever i was listening to on my soundcard. it also comes with a built in audio editor. so you can cut bits out. i found this simple to use all you do is press record and that is it

Salami
17th May, 2008, 01:49 PM
Total recorder is your solution M8.
PM me for more info.

Saltire
18th May, 2008, 02:10 PM
do all these things you guys are suggesting, do they work tried and tested on vista ?

Salami
18th May, 2008, 11:14 PM
do all these things you guys are suggesting, do they work tried and tested on vista ?

I have latest recording software that suppose to be made to work with Vista and it doesn't but work's great with XP. :pcguru:

aminaz
20th May, 2008, 05:16 PM
you can just look for a soft that does the work by trying google for
radio rip or ripper

dumbellaa08
17th July, 2008, 12:01 PM
You can try Radiotracker, it's a soft for recording streaming radios.It might work for you.

davemac82
17th July, 2008, 10:09 PM
As said above in a post change your soundcard to (what you hear) install a program like sony sound forge widely available either in shop or pirate, hit the big red record button then adjust your soundcard fader to a suitable volume for recording, when you are finished and going to save the project you have just recorded choose which format is best for you and whalla !!! you got your recorded live radio its very simple!