PDA

View Full Version : smart changing gears problem

antmar
8th December, 2012, 12:40 AM
Really strange problem !!!!
The car is smart fortwo 0.8 CDI year 2000

So the problem is like this : if i select auto mode for gear box and i try to drive the car it won't change gears. I stop the car and then start it again, select auto mode then remove plug from dash (18 pins connector) the car changes gears but it doesn't run as it should (limp mode). I've been checking everything related to wires from dash sam ecu .... CAN line is OK
The car has been to several garages and they have changed the cluster (copied the eeprom content from the old dash to the new one ) and gear selector.
On Star mb i have this error : incorrect correlation between gears.
Can someone give me a hint or something ?????

ps: i'm thinking maybe the dash eeprom content isn't right
On the cluster i have : smart 000 1187 vdo 993.790.007
Can someone give me a good bin for this cluster ?

Regards Antmar !!!

ghostridersa
8th December, 2012, 09:43 AM
Check your vacumn pipes are all on the engine. If the engine sucks air the gears dont change.

So the problem is like this : if i select auto mode for gear box and i try to drive the car it won't change gears. I stop the car and then start it again, select auto mode then remove plug from dash (18 pins connector) the car changes gears but it doesn't run as it should (limp mode). I've been checking everything related to wires from dash sam ecu .... CAN line is OK
The car has been to several garages and they have changed the cluster (copied the eeprom content from the old dash to the new one ) and gear selector.

Regards Antmar !!!

antmar
8th December, 2012, 01:10 PM
but why when i remove plug from dash the gears are changed ?

antmar
8th December, 2012, 10:22 PM
nobody has experienced this kind of problem in the past ? can someone post a good dump for this kind of dash ?

antmar
12th December, 2012, 12:01 AM
are there any differences between the diesel and the petrol gear box ?

audiomeca
13th December, 2012, 01:00 PM
are there any differences between the diesel and the petrol gear box ?

the ratio

regards

audiomeca
13th December, 2012, 01:05 PM

Regards Antmar !!!

the dashboard is the can gateway in this car, this is not a dashboar problem, the problem is from the gearbox or ecu motor, ecu motor drive the gearbox, smart have 3 types of gearbox for 450 diesel car. is necesary that the gearbox model match with the software program in the ecu engine.

regars

antmar
17th December, 2012, 10:42 PM
one million thank you !!! if i post the ecu number can you help me with all 3 version of software ?

regards Antmar !