PDA

View Full Version : isx cm871 egr and dpf deleted!

parezoo
8th December, 2012, 04:46 AM
Hi,

I bought an ecm with the modification done to ecm and engine details are isx cm871 600 hp @2050 ftlbs the cpl is 2965 the ecm part no is 3684275 and it has had the egr and dpf deleted from the program.

My question is, can i download the calibration file and copy it on other ecm with similar specs? if yes how and with which application?

Thanks

ishell
8th December, 2012, 05:22 AM
Cummins calterm software posted on forum can do it

joeseph666
8th December, 2012, 05:56 AM
I would make sure your motor is still running 6 months from now before I would be looking to "help" someone else out with it. Also, be sure to charge enough to cover the EPA fines, which are really high. Like $25,000 per count. You never know who is reading here on DK... Careful careful. But lets see if your motor is still running in 6 months.

parezoo
8th December, 2012, 06:29 AM
I would make sure your motor is still running 6 months from now before I would be looking to "help" someone else out with it. Also, be sure to charge enough to cover the EPA fines, which are really high. Like $25,000 per count. You never know who is reading here on DK... Careful careful. But lets see if your motor is still running in 6 months.

Hi, who are you talking to? what do you mean "help" and "charge enough"?

trehlebov
8th December, 2012, 06:36 AM
Very interesting topic. how to delete egr from cm870? Anybody know?

ishell
8th December, 2012, 11:41 AM
Download cal file possible with calterm software.
What did not clear.

dieselman77
8th December, 2012, 06:24 PM
The fine from is $50,000 for altering an emissions device to the person who did it and the person who owns the truck according to the dealerships where I live so be very careful if you are going to play around with that deleting emmisons and dpf you may get yourself in alot of trouble

redneck1
9th December, 2012, 03:20 AM
It is done by modifying the binary code. I'd be interested in this (for education purposes). Pull the calibration with calterm.

parezoo
9th December, 2012, 05:34 AM
It is done by modifying the binary code. I'd be interested in this (for education purposes). Pull the calibration with calterm.

Yes i would love to, but i need step by step guidance as i never worked with calterm before...

hercamp
9th December, 2012, 02:59 PM
very hard work, and you need guide step by step , for free????

i dont know if someone will help to you with tthat but hours of test and many parameters to change and try to kepp same vnt without blow up ??? for nothing ?? :stupid:crazzzy

lol lol

parezoo
9th December, 2012, 08:57 PM
very hard work, and you need guide step by step , for free????

i dont know if someone will help to you with tthat but hours of test and many parameters to change and try to kepp same vnt without blow up ??? for nothing ?? :stupid:crazzzy

lol lol

Please be polite, I don't need you calling me CRAZY because i just asked a question!!! and read my post before coming to your conclusion!!! I already have and paid for an ECM with EGR and DPF deleted, all i am asking is how to take a copy from ECM file and share it here so we can probably then copy on similar ECM.

Sorry if that might ruin some people business here!!!!

ishell
10th December, 2012, 05:14 AM
Please be polite, I don't need you calling me CRAZY because i just asked a question!!! and read my post before coming to your conclusion!!! I already have and paid for an ECM with EGR and DPF deleted, all i am asking is how to take a copy from ECM file and share it here so we can probably then copy on similar ECM.

Sorry if that might ruin some people business here!!!!

Brother I do not understand what do you need to know for this procedure.Run calterm go to Help and choose "About managing calibrations .See point How to download a calibration
Make this step and get calibration backup.
It's all .

parezoo
10th December, 2012, 05:18 AM
Brother I do not understand what do you need to know for this procedure.Run calterm go to Help and choose "About managing calibrations .See point How to download a calibration
Make this step and get calibration backup.
It's all .

Thanks i will follow this and if i succeed i will post the file here...

jackalfa
14th December, 2012, 10:43 AM
How it went parezoo?

please let us know...
there are some trucks outside USA with EGR too.
regards

parezoo
16th December, 2012, 08:12 PM
It is actually going well, but i guess the person who removed the EGR and DPF somehow locked the ECM, i might be wrong though... I am working with someone to remove the restriction.

I also compared the file with EGR and DPF delete with a file from the same ECM but with EGR and DPF enabled and found interesting results!!!

Gear head
17th December, 2012, 01:08 AM
Why cant you just use insite and flash ecm with australin cal. thay have no dpf on there engines over there.

parezoo
17th December, 2012, 02:20 AM
Why cant you just use insite and flash ecm with australin cal. thay have no dpf on there engines over there.

Thanks but which flash files are the Australian?

ishell
17th December, 2012, 06:34 AM
It is wrong way.Sure no egr but need adjusting a lot parameters like injectors .... for correct work.In other way you get the big smoke and fuel consumption

SaMirakle
17th December, 2012, 06:35 PM
Parezoo,

Let me know if you need any help. I've been working on EGR delete a little bit here and there on the ISX also. I have some files that I uploaded off of one that had EGR deleted. I haven't had much time to look into it ever since. I think I've gotten stuck on how to download that same calibration file onto another unit.

parezoo
17th December, 2012, 08:13 PM
Parezoo,

Let me know if you need any help. I've been working on EGR delete a little bit here and there on the ISX also. I have some files that I uploaded off of one that had EGR deleted. I haven't had much time to look into it ever since. I think I've gotten stuck on how to download that same calibration file onto another unit.

Yeah that would be very helpful if could get more cal file with egr delete and egr enable, right now i am comparing some cal files to find out what parameters need to be changed and how... you can email me your files if you want to... I am also figuring out how to download a modified cal file into a similar ecm....

IYA
8th January, 2013, 02:41 AM
Can you guys do something with a calibration downloaded with insite?I downloaded a calibration from an 871 truck with egr deleted,no PDF,and aftermarket turbo.

Gear head
9th January, 2013, 02:06 AM
Yes share the calibration and i can convert to a file for calterm.

IYA
9th January, 2013, 06:40 AM
Yes share the calibration and i can convert to a file for calterm.

Can you give the steps on how to upload the download.Not very good with computers.

Gear head
9th January, 2013, 11:38 PM
Just click go advanced and find the emblum you can upload as rar or zip then upload.

ddmech
9th January, 2013, 11:46 PM
Hate to rain on your parade friend,but you cant upload a cal with insite.

Gear head
10th January, 2013, 03:01 AM
No he was going to share incal then i can convert to cal. For calterm

SaMirakle
10th January, 2013, 03:46 AM
No he was going to share incal then i can convert to cal. For calterm

Still not sure what you mean exactly by this but ddmech is right. You can't upload a calibration from a truck without Calterm. Insite won't let you do it and Incal is just the disc that stores the factory calibrations.

ECM Special
10th January, 2013, 04:21 AM
Hi,

I bought an ecm with the modification done to ecm and engine details are isx cm871 600 hp @2050 ftlbs the cpl is 2965 the ecm part no is 3684275 and it has had the egr and dpf deleted from the program.

Thanks
My question is, can i download the calibration file and copy it on other ecm with similar specs? if yes how and with which application?
hi did you find out how to upload and download yet?
i been trying to do the same but i have no luck
please can you help me ?
thanks

Did you ever figure out how to upload/download, or did you ever find anyone who knows how to upload/download? If you don't mind, can I have the file for ISX. If you need anything else I will help (software or something).

Gear head
10th January, 2013, 01:08 PM
I miss read i thought he said he already had downloaded cal.

SaMirakle
10th January, 2013, 10:02 PM
Yeah I still have no idea what he's talking about

IYA
11th January, 2013, 05:24 AM
I took an ECM image off an 871 truck that had egr and aftertreatment deleted.It had a custom exhaust manifold with aftermarket turbo.I should of used calterm I know but don't know how to use it.The ECM code is just a generic code so I think the actual binary code had been modified.

parezoo
11th January, 2013, 06:33 AM
I took an ECM image off an 871 truck that had egr and aftertreatment deleted.It had a custom exhaust manifold with aftermarket turbo.I should of used calterm I know but don't know how to use it.The ECM code is just a generic code so I think the actual binary code had been modified.

So you took a copy of the template you mean? What command did ou use in Insite to take this image? And what format is your file?

SaMirakle
11th January, 2013, 04:00 PM

Ok so I just confirmed that the work order/ecm image file doesn't contain the calibration. It only stores the features/parameters.

I guess you'll have to wait until the next truck comes around. Just be prepared with Calterm if you plan on uploading calibrations off of trucks in the future.

IYA
12th January, 2013, 05:13 AM
Ok so I just confirmed that the work order/ecm image file doesn't contain the calibration. It only stores the features/parameters.

I guess you'll have to wait until the next truck comes around. Just be prepared with Calterm if you plan on uploading calibrations off of trucks in the future.

Ok that's what I thought just wasn't t sure.I guess I need to learn how to use calterm

parin
23rd January, 2013, 04:03 AM
You can delete DPF on CM871 with Insite or Calterm.