PDA

View Full Version : 2002 Volvo S60 cluster replacement

rrador
8th December, 2012, 05:41 PM
I have a customer with 02 S60, they bought the car at the auction and it had no cluster so they put a new one in but it doesn't work.
Nothing works on it, rpm, speedo....

I don't have too much experience with Volvo's, does the cluster need to be programmed and what can be used to program them, or does it just have to be same part number?

Thanks,

drahtman
8th December, 2012, 06:05 PM
Hi,

You need to do cluster adaptation to your car. I dont know if this is posible to do with Volvo VIDA but Volvo dealer can do this 100% and it will cost you some money.

Best Regards,
Drahtman

rrador
8th December, 2012, 07:01 PM
Thanks,
I don't have VIDA, for volvo I only have AVDI commander and I think that can do it.

markony79
8th December, 2012, 07:31 PM
I have a customer with 02 S60, they bought the car at the auction and it had no cluster so they put a new one in but it doesn't work.
Nothing works on it, rpm, speedo....

I don't have too much experience with Volvo's, does the cluster need to be programmed and what can be used to program them, or does it just have to be same part number?

Thanks,

take out the cable from batery 10 sec, and put back
if it nt work, then need to found the dash for this type CAR,
becouse:

s60 volvo dashboard, have 3 diferent version
doesent matter witch MASK MCU is inside
570T,
720T,
600T,
this depends for Can comunication,
on one its work on LOW speed, another on HIGH speed

its the same like V70, S80, XC70,XC90

http://www.bildelsbasen.se/?link=list&ggl=s16&searchmode=1&vc1=204&pc1=116&vc[0]=204122100&vcx=5071&pc[0]=116100106

ok2ucx
17th December, 2012, 09:54 AM
Hi,

even the same model of dashboard [DIM] is not enough. There are couple of diffrerent SW variants being loaded into the same hardware. If the hardware number matches your original cluster (Volvo PN is same), then the dealership may help you. And it won't cost fortune (~$30-$50?).

Just go there and ask for "DIM software reload", you'll get the firmware that should be identical with the one from factory.

Pavel
VolvoCesky.cz – ?e?tina pro ka?d? Volvo (http://volvocesky.cz)

VolvoGeely
17th January, 2013, 03:58 AM
If you post / PM me a VIN # , Then the info I give would help.
Used DIM in that year must be the same type that was removed.. KMs / Mile , or just one?
They have many variants

VG