PDA

View Full Version : Galletto and EDC17

matech
10th December, 2012, 09:24 AM
Hi all,

My galletto is working fine, already did some EDC17 (one BMW and one VAG) without protection. I work only in bootmode, to be safe.

Last week I tried with a 2012 Mini Countryman 2.0D , it didn't read because of the ecu protection. So I tried Tprot, but "Error ADDR".

So my question is: is there a limit for the EDC17? Does the TPROT protocol needs to be up-to-date to unlock the 2012 protected ecus?

I found a new 2012 FGtech Tricore Boot manual on the net, and there are two interesting things:

-They say that if the Tprot doesn't work, to try the protocol via OBD with the ecu on the car. Maybe that's why it didn't read the Mini?!?

-There are a lot of new ecus and pinout! If the ecu has a processor listed on my v48 SW, and i have the pinout and boot pin, can I read and write that ecu?!? So the question is the same as before: what's the limit for these ecus? The Year and month of the v48 SW release?

Hope that's a good question, that can help other people too, because it's my opinion that these Bosch ecus are now the most interesting and are used on a lot f cars!

Thankyou!

J_amb_o
10th December, 2012, 09:46 AM
Newer ECU's won't work with clone. Protocols are updated. New ECU's have password protected bootloader that is read over OBD for example.

matech
10th December, 2012, 09:55 AM
ok,

so with the clone the last ecu that we can do are those from year 2011?

doctorx6
10th December, 2012, 04:43 PM
Newer ECU's won't work with clone. Protocols are updated. New ECU's have password protected bootloader that is read over OBD for example.

Hello,
I think that's not just a clone problem.
I had the same problem few months ago with a EDC17 BMW using CMD, i cannot read it the ecu kicked me out, so i tried to use FG using tool prot but the result was the same.
I think they did not have che key to entry; honestly i don't know yet =)

matech
27th December, 2012, 08:54 PM
I'll try with the original Galletto...