PDA

View Full Version : BISS / Softcams question

Peterjones
10th December, 2012, 07:08 PM
Hi,

I am using CCCam and have been entering the BISS keys in the constant file, however just wondered if anyone produces an updated constant file which I could just use as a basis to get most of the channels which use BISS?

Also I've seen some people post about other files enabling the opening of other encriptions. Is this possible? If so what file do I need to create and where would I get the contents of this file from?

Sorry for what are probably silly questions, still quite a newbie at all this. Seems this forum allows people to ask questions and learn though.

digicon
10th December, 2012, 07:26 PM
You would have to create your own custom softcam file which most people do themselves, As most of the teams or individuals that post them do not always update every single key.

This is why there are several softcam files available from different sources

Peterjones
10th December, 2012, 07:30 PM
Arr so if I download one that exists and put that in my keys folder should that be found by the box? Then is it a case of just getting the up to date bits to go into that file?

digicon
10th December, 2012, 07:33 PM
Arr so if I download one that exists and put that in my keys folder should that be found by the box? Then is it a case of just getting the up to date bits to go into that file?

Correct :bounce:

Peterjones
10th December, 2012, 07:56 PM
Thanks - Ill give this a try then.

Should the box just pick these up then when the file is in place?

digicon
10th December, 2012, 07:58 PM
Thanks - Ill give this a try then.

Should the box just pick these up then when the file is in place?

Depends on which cam you have installed and which key pack, Most popular combination is Mgcamd with matching softcam keys placed in usr/keys

Peterjones
10th December, 2012, 10:55 PM
Cccam - is that going to do the trick?

digicon
10th December, 2012, 11:19 PM
Cccam can only open ceratin channels and works with certain keys the rest need other combinations such as Mgcamd or Oscamymod and there are more

Peterjones
10th December, 2012, 11:25 PM
Cccam can only open ceratin channels and works with certain keys the rest need other combinations such as Mgcamd or Oscamymod and there are more

Oh right. So hypothetically if I wanted to open up something like the package on 39e then would cccam be any good for that?

If not can I install Mgcam or oscam alongside my cccam?

Sorry for all the questions, I hate the fact that I am so thick at this. :afraid:

I have looked at oscam before however it all just seemed so confusing and I couldn't find a guide on how to get Mgcam or Oscam to install alongside my cccam. I'm guessing this is possible?

digicon
11th December, 2012, 01:25 AM
Most of the time Cccam can open most of the Softcam channels but the ones that will not open with CCcam will more than likely open with Mgcamd or Oscamymod, your better with all 3 cams in your system for the Softcam to operate

Peterjones
11th December, 2012, 07:43 AM
Most of the time Cccam can open most of the Softcam channels but the ones that will not open with CCcam will more than likely open with Mgcamd or Oscamymod, your better with all 3 cams in your system for the Softcam to operate

Thanks. So I can install all 3 and run them on the same box side by side as such?

Do I need any special config settings or do anything special to get them to run?

Will the same softkey / constant file be used by all these cams?

digicon
11th December, 2012, 10:24 AM
You can run all three on the same system but only one at a time, CCcam and MGcamd can run of the softcamfile in /usr/keys but oscamymod would need an identical one in its own directory

Peterjones
11th December, 2012, 12:25 PM
You can run all three on the same system but only one at a time, CCcam and MGcamd can run of the softcamfile in /usr/keys but oscamymod would need an identical one in its own directory

Oh so I have to stop and start etc? Does MGcamd do the same as cccam? Can it be setup to use my viewing card etc?

mdt
11th December, 2012, 09:37 PM
Oh so I have to stop and start etc? Does MGcamd do the same as cccam? Can it be setup to use my viewing card etc?

you can set up auto-cam to stop/start on certain channels. i use oscamYmod for softcam, mgcamd for N-lions and b.i.s.s. and c**am for c-lions and they work great. i start with @serjoga,s softcam and edit/add were needed,regards mdt

Peterjones
11th December, 2012, 11:37 PM
you can set up auto-cam to stop/start on certain channels. i use oscamYmod for softcam, mgcamd for N-lions and b.i.s.s. and c**am for c-lions and they work great. i start with @serjoga,s softcam and edit/add were needed,regards mdt

Where does the Ymod come from for the oscam? I'm just looking at this cam now and seems this does everything. Is that the case? Am I reading it right how this can become the cccam server as well?

Peterjones
13th December, 2012, 11:36 PM
Just been reading how you can put oscam on Ubuntu.

If I was to install this on an old machine, could I put an auto update command into the softkeys file and then share this to my box as a cline? Would that work or is that way too complex and silly?

mdt
14th December, 2012, 12:43 AM
Where does the Ymod come from for the oscam? I'm just looking at this cam now and seems this does everything. Is that the case? Am I reading it right how this can become the cccam server as well?

Ymod stands for yuricks modification as its a oscam binary thats been tweeked to run softcams, ive not looked into it but afaik it can run as a normal oscam and do what that can but i might be wrong,regards mdt