PDA

View Full Version : iphone 3gs locked?

lukef
11th December, 2012, 01:30 AM
Hi,
I've recently been given the above phone second hand by a friend. They assumed it was unlocked as they had used it on Vodafone then o2 previously (without ever needing to get it unlocked as far as I'm aware). However, when I put my t-mobile pay monthly sim in it and tried to activate the phone through itunes, it came up saying the sim was unsupported. Phoned t-mob and asked them whether the sim should work and did some quick research online and it seems the phone can be locked on activation of the sim to that network, but that doesn't explain why it could be used on both vodafone and o2?? Or which network the phone is likely locked to (vodafone, the network it was originally on, or o2, the most recent network it was on)?? If that is the problem in the first place?
Does anyone have any experience of this, or know how best I could get this resolved? Would apple resolve it by unlocking it? Are they responsible, or the network?
I have the box with barcode / id details, etc, so should be able to provide them with this info if they need it.

fijiman
11th December, 2012, 02:11 PM
You have to go through the original Network provider and request an unlock...if you have any family members on the original network for the iPhone let them request an unlock...you may be lucky and get it for free...

:bounce:Worse case scenario you can unlock the iPhone via jailbreak/unlock software.... get it wrong may turn your iPhone into a paper weight...:bounce: