PDA

View Full Version : Ipad and 1080p movies

Curious123
14th December, 2012, 03:59 PM
Hello Guys,
I am thinking of getting my wife the latest ipad with A6 chip. I have at NAS ( large networked storage device) onto which I often download shows and movies. As most of these files are 1080p would she be able to watch the movies wirelessly?

Pppr
14th December, 2012, 04:40 PM
There are two parts to your question.
iPad can play full HD movies. You may need another player than the movie on iPad.
You can connect to internet and watch HD videos, the quality and speed of it depends on your internet connection.
Why not put the film on iPad and watch it on iPad or use the iPad to send it on TV screen?

Curious123
15th December, 2012, 07:51 PM
There are two parts to your question.
iPad can play full HD movies. You may need another player than the movie on iPad.
You can connect to internet and watch HD videos, the quality and speed of it depends on your internet connection.
Why not put the film on iPad and watch it on iPad or use the iPad to send it on TV screen?

I have Virginmedia 30mb broadband and their superhub installed as my home network. The films are already downloaded on my NAS device and most of our viewing is done on my 42" Panasonic Smart TV so was hoping that my wireless and the IPAD would cope with her viewing wirelessly if she wanted to watch something on the ipad.

johnboy1974
15th December, 2012, 10:13 PM
There are some nice apps in the app store such as cine x which lets you watch your files in full hd.
The files need to dragged into cine x via iTunes for it to work. The cine x app supports many file types such avi, mp4, mpg etc.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Curious123
19th December, 2012, 03:10 PM
Just got a mailshot from Argos saying they are reducing the price of all their products for one week for Christmas. I noticed that they are advertising an ?80 saving on the 3rd generation IPAD. I am interested in getting a 32gb ' IPAD with Retina display, wifi, cellular' model now priced ?499. I checked the specs and it said it came with AX5 chip and IOS5. I was under the impression that all 3rd Generation Ipad came with AX6 chip and IOS6, was I mistaken?

Pppr
20th December, 2012, 01:54 PM
I have already commented about this. With iPhone, iPad, ... comes AirPlay. If you have not tried it, you are missing hald the fun. Imagine downloading video to your iPhone or iPad, or connecting to anything on the internet. With AirPlay you can mirror what is on your idevice on e.g. your TV screen. I watch full HD films this way. My TV has become a large monitor.
I use an AppleTV box for wifi connection to my Laptop, iPhone or iPad. The small AppleTV's HDMI out is connected to TV HDMI. I can have the sound on TV or keep it on my laptop or device. The advantage of the latter is that I can use an earphone to listen on canap? at night without moving close to TV or waking anybody.

johnboy1974
20th December, 2012, 08:07 PM
Just got a mailshot from Argos saying they are reducing the price of all their products for one week for Christmas. I noticed that they are advertising an ?80 saving on the 3rd generation IPAD. I am interested in getting a 32gb ' IPAD with Retina display, wifi, cellular' model now priced ?499. I checked the specs and it said it came with AX5 chip and IOS5. I was under the impression that all 3rd Generation Ipad came with AX6 chip and IOS6, was I mistaken?

If there punting them with anything below ios 6 then it's just simply stock that's been lying around. Upgrade to the latest firmware via wifi with the iPad or connect to iTunes on a computer.

Personally you would be better off with the new iPad 4 16gb it's got new a6 chipset and the problematic wifi has been fixed too.