PDA

View Full Version : 2.0 TDI 8v BMM - Golf5 - are there strange limiters?

teoturo
14th December, 2012, 04:41 PM
Good evening,
this is a GOLF TDI140 8v manual transmission, engine BMM with ecu edc16U34.
I installed big turbo and IC and made ecu remap months and months ago.
I attach original file as I find 2 problems:
1) car shows torque limitation in 1st and 2nd gear: in 1st and 2nd gear it's impossible to make the wheels spin even playing with clutch pedal but immediately after you put in 3rd gear wheels spin also without playing with clutch pedal; this behaviour of limiting first and second gear is the same as stock BMM car
2) car pushes hard in 3rd/4th/5th gear even at 4800revs but in 6th gear it pushes hard until 4000revs and then suddenly stops pushing and stays at 4000revs and 220km/h even going straight, uphill, downhill

I suppose point 1 and point 2 depend both on some limiters in torque... or maybe point 2 depends on a speed limiter. Could you help me? I setted BDM limiter from 210 to 300, I modified torque limiter revs step curve, and made ecusafe disable speed limiter... but with no result.

LaraVAG
14th December, 2012, 09:15 PM
It coudl be lanch control for 2 first gear

spawns3
15th December, 2012, 04:12 PM
Good evening,
this is a GOLF TDI140 8v manual transmission, engine BMM with ecu edc16U34.
I installed big turbo and IC and made ecu remap months and months ago.
I attach original file as I find 2 problems:
1) car shows torque limitation in 1st and 2nd gear: in 1st and 2nd gear it's impossible to make the wheels spin even playing with clutch pedal but immediately after you put in 3rd gear wheels spin also without playing with clutch pedal; this behaviour of limiting first and second gear is the same as stock BMM car
2) car pushes hard in 3rd/4th/5th gear even at 4800revs but in 6th gear it pushes hard until 4000revs and then suddenly stops pushing and stays at 4000revs and 220km/h even going straight, uphill, downhill

I suppose point 1 and point 2 depend both on some limiters in torque... or maybe point 2 depends on a speed limiter. Could you help me? I setted BDM limiter from 210 to 300, I modified torque limiter revs step curve, and made ecusafe disable speed limiter... but with no result.

This car is MAP based not MAF . and u have torque limiters for gears , this engine have DPF , so u have a ?C EGT limiter when u reach this limiter the car limit the mg/Stk .

Diagnosticated
15th December, 2012, 05:00 PM
There may be single value torque limiters for gear 1 and gear 2. Did you look for those. I don't mean the 15 x 1 gear limiter maps for the six gears and reverse.

jnoroeste
15th December, 2012, 05:11 PM
Hi M8,

Torque map based limiters in 1&2 gear, even check max speed limit, this should be your problem in 6th gear.

Regards.

teoturo
16th December, 2012, 09:32 PM
Could you help me to find and delete ?C EGT limiters (even if machine have no more DPF so EGTs are very very low comparing to car with DPF and I think this is not the problem) and torque map based limiters in 1&2 gear and max speed limit?

spawns3
17th December, 2012, 12:09 AM
First log the car and check how much EGT u get , and see what are limiting in ecu , the most common u can have is a speed limiter at 220kph .

Artilect
17th December, 2012, 01:02 AM
If its manual gearbox your gear limiters are not active.

teoturo
17th December, 2012, 08:10 AM
First log the car and check how much EGT u get , and see what are limiting in ecu , the most common u can have is a speed limiter at 220kph .

As in 3rd and upper gears car is not limiting torque, is it not possible just to set limiters to the same value of 3rd and upper gears? Or delete them at all?
When I compared EGTs before and after DPF remove, I remember there was a decrease of 300degs more or less, but the behaviour is exactly the same.

If its manual gearbox your gear limiters are not active.

Car is manual trasmission, I wrote it in the first post. So any ideas of the reason for the torque limitation in 1st and 2nd gear?