PDA

View Full Version : vix crashing when opening recording list

umgeni
14th December, 2012, 10:24 PM
Hi All,

I thought I'd got everything setup but got just one last problem!

My box is:
clone duo v3 with vix 2.4.96
plugins are cccam 2.2.1
autobouquet for 28.2
crossepg

I've got a seagate barracuda 1.5TB drive in it

I've got everything working ok, epg perfect, autoboquets working well, timeshift works, and it records.
I set up the HDD by initializing then mounting.

The problem is that when ever I press the recording list button it pauses for a few seconds then the error screen comes up saying 'your receiver encountered a software problem' etc.

I originally was using openvix 3.0.205 and had the same problem, so tried this version to see if it made a difference. I've reflashed a number of times and doesn't make any difference.

I used a clone safe version of blackhole and it worked ok on that, the only reason I'm not using that is I cant seem to get it to work properly with my remote (white vu duo remote).

This is really frustrating as I think I'm almost there! Can anyone help?

dell_xps
15th December, 2012, 01:52 AM
Have you got the epg saving to the hard drive ?

umgeni
15th December, 2012, 10:07 AM
Have you got the epg saving to the hard drive ?

Yes, could that be the problem? I could save it to a usb in the rear port?

RuberDuck
15th December, 2012, 11:09 AM
The EPG is held in live memory so the place it's saved to should make no difference at all as it is only read from or saved to at bootup and shutdown times. The only place i would advise against saving the EPG to is the internal flash, because if the EPG corrupts it will fill the flash and crash the box.

umgeni
15th December, 2012, 03:07 PM
I'm not sure exactly how I sorted this problem, but I noticed that when I first flashed an image, the recording list worked.

I've reflashed (after leaving the box off overnight) and gone though each setup operation checking each time I did something that the recording list stil loaded (after doing a few test recordings).

I'm running the older version of vix as before.

The only things I've done differently is mount a 2gb usb stick which I'm using for the epg, and didn't go through the process of initializing the HDD or mounting it (it worked well after flashing so I've just left it.)

Thanks for the replies, got a few more questions which I'm going to start now.