PDA

View Full Version : Motometer Dash dump Golf 4 good?

cocktailyogi
16th December, 2012, 02:18 PM
Hello,

I have been following this forum for 1 year and it was very helpful to me. Now I have a problem, which I could not solve with the search function.

I am installing another dash in my Golf 4 because the old one is broken. I also was able to read the old login code from VDO dash over ODB2 with K+ Can Commander 2.5, but new dash is Motometer V04 BOO and I have been batteling with it now for 3 days to get LOGIN and adjust Milage. (Tried lots of different cables and tools)

Finally I managed to read EEPROM it with VAG EEPROM Programmer V1.19, but I am not sure, if dump is bad.

Could anybody please check this dump for me and extract the login code?

Dash is:
Motometer 1JO920825A B00 V04
Milage is 37768 km
and PIN is unknown to me.

If dump is broken, do I really have to read EEPROM with CLIP? No to, that can read PIN over OBD?

Enjoy yourself! :bounce:

Yogi

abuuauto
16th December, 2012, 02:41 PM
hi, which eeprom ?.or the best way to open instrument cluster and read eeprom .thanks

abuuauto
16th December, 2012, 02:43 PM
it smd clip may be 24c02 or 24c08 that eeprom it for pin code and mailege on the cluster

cocktailyogi
16th December, 2012, 02:48 PM
Hi abuuauto,

software tells me, that it is a 24c02.

Thanks for for help.

If I open it, can I read it with Ponyprog and Clip?

Yogi

abuuauto
16th December, 2012, 03:50 PM
yes and read 24c02 bin file send here file .you will get pin code.

cocktailyogi
16th December, 2012, 03:58 PM
Okay, does that mean, that my uploaded file is broken? Did you test it? Could you extract code for me? I can try it, otherwise I will disassemble the unit and see how to get my hands on ponyprog.

I would have to buy a ponyprog first, that is the reason, why I am trying other options first.

Thanks for your help.

Yogi

yugo45
16th December, 2012, 05:13 PM
That dump is not good.
My suggestion to you is get rid of that cluster and find VDO.
Moto Meter clusters are nothing but trouble.

cocktailyogi
16th December, 2012, 08:36 PM
Okay,
thanks for checking my file. Beating that cluster is a personal challenge for me now.... ;-)

Is there any tool that can read eeprom of this cluster over obd?

at the moment I cannot find any other cluster from VDO, which fits my needs.

Kind reagards,
Yogi

yugo45
17th December, 2012, 04:48 AM
Just read chip direct. It is super easy to strip that cluster, I can do it in less then 30 sec.

cocktailyogi
31st December, 2012, 12:11 PM
I did it !!! :-)

And I figured out my login on my own and also adjusted milage on the eeprom to 22 km. Then I was able to readjust it with VCDS to 130000km. Cool! I am a little bit proud. :-)

This is what I did. Because I do not have serial port on my computer, I decided to build myself a little programmer based on Arduino Uno. It has support for I2C and a few lines of scetch allowed me to access 24C02 Eprom in circuit.

I stripped down the cluster, identified the factory test points on the rear-side of the PCB for I2C and 5V-power. Ths will help to adjust smething in the future without removing the pointers.

I powered the 5V-part of the PCB from USB-port and connected the arduino to the I2C-bus. A few lines of java-scetch allowed me to dump the EEprom and I opened it in HEX-Editor to get Login and adjust milage to 22km. If it is under 100km, VCDS will allow to adjust it by adaptation.

And here are the results: Original and modified. Works perfect! Maybe smebody needs it on day. It is for Motometer 1J0920825A.

Thanks for your support!