PDA

View Full Version : Change in frequency - Loss of some HD channels

FruityLoop23
17th December, 2012, 12:20 PM
Hey guys,

Using a DM800. Using SGT Flip Flops most recent bouquets but recently some HD channels have changed frequency and now I've lost them.

I've tried rescanning to no avail. When I updated my channel list, it detected the channels that I'm looking for but when I try to watch them, I get the error that says "Tune Failed". Then once I've done that, the channel becomes greyed out and I just get the "DVB Service" message.

Anyone know how to fix this? Miss my HD sports!

Rodbouy
17th December, 2012, 12:33 PM
Does ure snr goto 0%

FruityLoop23
28th December, 2012, 09:29 PM
Does ure snr goto 0%

Yes. My SNR is 0%.

Any ideas?

Rodbouy
28th December, 2012, 09:48 PM
goosed psu or goosed tuner.

FruityLoop23
29th December, 2012, 07:50 PM
goosed psu or goosed tuner.

Would this be the case if I can pick up all my other HD channels? SSHD1, SSHD2 and the recently added HD channels are the only ones that won't work?

Thanks for your advice by the way

lincsat
31st December, 2012, 12:25 AM
Just checked a Sgt FlipFlop list from September and the SS1HD and SS2HD channels are still the same frequency.

Do a full Satellite scan and then Have a look in your Satellites - Astra 28.2e list for other channels with the same name, there is some duplication, to look for another channel that works.

Rodbouy
31st December, 2012, 12:38 AM
Would this be the case if I can pick up all my other HD channels? SSHD1, SSHD2 and the recently added HD channels are the only ones that won't work?

Thanks for your advice by the way

Yes mate, they can work then just drop to 0% snr defo a faulty tuner mate. Had one my self.

IMHO

FruityLoop23
2nd January, 2013, 11:05 AM
Yes mate, they can work then just drop to 0% snr defo a faulty tuner mate. Had one my self.

IMHO

Thanks very much. Will have to about replacing it so.

One final question for you. I still have my old DM500. Would the tuner in that work as a replacement?

Rodbouy
2nd January, 2013, 11:15 AM
No, its only a sd tuner and the 500 tuner is soldered onto the board.

Cheap enough to replace, and easy to do.

FruityLoop23
2nd January, 2013, 11:28 AM
No, its only a sd tuner and the 500 tuner is soldered onto the board.

Cheap enough to replace, and easy to do.

Perfect, I'll start shopping around now so! Thanks again for all your help.