PDA

View Full Version : ex5000 intermittent remote

nodge
27th February, 2009, 06:49 AM
has anybody else come across a problem on the remote where you have to press any button up to 9/10 times before anything happens?

I have replaced the batteries and still the same and then I bought a "one for all" remote but that is also the same. Goes without saying I have pwered it off for a few hours and retried.

This is doing my head in.

alex123
27th February, 2009, 10:58 AM
hard to say if its your remote or box ,check your remote by looking through a mobile phone camera lens press remote and see if you get a white flash from remote if it works every time then must be your box
alex

zaphodbb
27th February, 2009, 02:10 PM
has anybody else come across a problem on the remote where you have to press any button up to 9/10 times before anything happens?

I have replaced the batteries and still the same and then I bought a "one for all" remote but that is also the same. Goes without saying I have pwered it off for a few hours and retried.

This is doing my head in.

if the remote is old you could try taking it apart and cleaning the rubber pad that has the buttons on, and also the contacts the pad rests on as these collect an oily substance over time,clean with meths or surgical spirit, if not its your box thats ~~~~ed