PDA

View Full Version : Mpps v12 flashing killed EDC16c31 DDE7

xbyte
20th December, 2012, 01:46 PM
Yesterday i tried to flash an BMW E61 EDC16c31 DDE7 with an mpps v12 clone, and software locked at "erasing flash"
and car did not start after this.

Luckely i had taken full bdm backup of this DDE first, car was started two times after i read bdm.

When i read out with bdm after crash i could see that parts of the flash where erased, and part of the EEprom was changed, so i then wrote back both orginal flash and eeprom.

Car started right after this, and i did not even need to do ews alignment even if i started the car two times after i read the bdm backup, why did this happening ?

And why was the eeprom changed after i tried to write this car ?
does flash tools write stuff to the eeprom for getting write access to the flashchip ?

I have now moved the data from the tuned flash tool read over to the bdm (29bl802c) dump with an hex editor, i found out that offset was at "000C0000" , everything before that is just not read or flashed by k-line flashing.

I then tried to load this modified (29bl802c) bdm dump into winols to correct checksum, but it seems that the checksum was correct.

Is there stored any checksums of the (29bl802c) content inside the eeprom in these DDE`s ? or are all checksums located in the (29bl802c) ?

Why does flash tools correct checksum while flashing on edc16 ecu`s ? and would it mess anything up if the checksum already where corrected before flashing ?

Today im gonna try write back the modified flash by bdm, is there anything i need to keep in mind regarding checksums ?

oep
20th December, 2012, 01:52 PM
U got a lot of questions....
Simple answer is do not do it via obd but over bdm or get a proper tool/s for the job.

xbyte
20th December, 2012, 01:56 PM
But ews rolling codes shuld have moved over to a new code since the car was started twice after bdm read, i dont understnad why the car started with the old rolling codes i wrote back.

perovuk
20th December, 2012, 02:59 PM
roling codes only key=ews

xbyte
20th December, 2012, 07:18 PM
Ok, does anyone know if its enought to correct the checksom of the flashchip when i have modified the content of this ? or is the checksum of this flash stored in the eeprom ?

The reason i ask is becouse i find it strange that mpps and galetto both do checksum while writing to these ecu`s over obd.

xbyte
20th December, 2012, 08:16 PM
I found the answer to my ews rolling code question:

If the Codes do NOT match, the DME rolls forward to the next code according to the Rolling Code Table and makes the same calculations. The DME continues this forward roll up to a maximum of 200 times or until a match is found. Failure to find a match will result in the engine cranking but not starting.

so i guess it would be need ews realignment if the car was started more than 200 times between read and write.

serdarmsc
20th December, 2012, 09:16 PM
if you use clone device, you must change LM339 ic.

786mo
21st December, 2012, 02:32 AM
if you use clone device, you must change LM339 ic.

Is that for clone MPPS only?

serdarmsc
21st December, 2012, 11:04 AM
Is that for clone MPPS only?

Hi, yes. * mpps clone device use low quality LM339 * galletto2 clone device use low quality 74hc14d and hef40106 schmitt triggers ;)

barti122
21st December, 2012, 11:25 AM
you have read original file before programming the new files mpps?
if so, look for the driver of this mpc and save the driver and then save the eeprom and flash org. I was once like problem and helped

kennfeld
22nd December, 2012, 02:11 AM
maybee flash counter problem

xbyte
22nd December, 2012, 03:23 AM
mpps started acting strange on all dme`s now ,it even fails on read on about 50% of all reads.

It has been working flawlessly for months.

what shuld i buy now ? fgtech or mpps16 ?

And what would be the fun of buying a real tool as some people suggest ? and what do i learn by buying a real tool ? to spent alot of money ?
and there would`nt be any failures to learn from :P

maybe it would be even better if i buy a car that was already tuned or a car with a bigger engine ? and learn notting.

Some people like to understand the inner workings and protocols, while other people dont care as long as it works, we are all different.

xbyte
22nd December, 2012, 04:57 AM
serdarmsc

thank you for your very informative and useful answers :)

Hi, yes. * mpps clone device use low quality LM339 * galletto2 clone device use low quality 74hc14d and hef40106 schmitt triggers ;)

xtreem
25th December, 2012, 07:32 PM
flash ecu witch bdm.witch backup all.
it will work again